• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do Redskins need a Head coach change

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's better than anything we have had since he left as a 1st and 2nd down back.

He also didnt have the fumbles or stubbed toe syndrome which it seems is prevalent with the RBs we have had since Morris left.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's better than anything we have had since he left as a 1st and 2nd down back.

I would say Chris Thompson is better even if not overly used in the run game.

I would say time will tell with Perine as well. He looked good last week and catches much better than Morris.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Chris Thompson is better even if not overly used in the run game.

I would say time will tell with Perine as well. He looked good last week and catches much better than Morris.
Thompson is, and was, a better 3rd down back than Morris. But there is no way he matches up with him over the course of a full season as a 1st or 2nd down back. For a variety of reasons, durability amongst them.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we try to out think this too often . a hall should be gone not a williams . a gallette should be gone not a kerrigan .

that doesnt preclude replacements being groomed but come on neither have even remotely said to me "in decline "

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson is, and was, a better 3rd down back than Morris. But there is no way he matches up with him over the course of a full season as a 1st or 2nd down back. For a variety of reasons, durability amongst them.

Is it fair to call Thompson our third down back? He is far more. There are at least twice as many first and second downs in the NFL, yet here is the snap count.

1- CT 30....RK 33
2- CT 29....RK 16
4- CT 26....RK 12
7- CT 37....RK 27
8- CT 47....RK 12
9- CT 33....RK 16
10-CT 45...RK 10

As you can see, other than game 1, CT has played many more snaps each game.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it fair to call Thompson our third down back? He is far more. There are at least twice as many first and second downs in the NFL, yet here is the snap count.

1- CT 30....RK 33
2- CT 29....RK 16
4- CT 26....RK 12
7- CT 37....RK 27
8- CT 47....RK 12
9- CT 33....RK 16
10-CT 45...RK 10

As you can see, other than game 1, CT has played many more snaps each game.

Nice spin, but how many of those 1st and 2nd downs did we go 4 wide with a TE? Or 3 wide 2 TE??
This team does way too much empty backfield for my liking, and CT tended to be on the field alot when it was 3rd and what ever. Where as you can flip a coin as to if this team will go empty backfield on 1st or 2nd down. Also CT tended to be the back on 1st or 2nd down when we were in fact passing.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who hasn't been manhandled on the Skins defense? For all the talk of needing to get faster, we are a physically weak defense. Who still hasn't solved how to get off the field on 3rd sown and that was with Allen in the line up as well. This team has issues defensively speaking.

Bingo! The defense is holding this team back more so than anything else to include coaching. As much as I want to like Swearinger's play, his attitude, team leadership etc, he just isn't very good. DHall is one step out of the building, Breeland is serviceable and Norman is above average. The DLine outside of Allen is terribly bad. Ironman has made strides this year but he really is a good rotation guy. We are ultra slow at OLB and must get more athletic and faster at the position. Brown is a keeper at ILB mainly because of his speed and his want-to on that side of the ball. We need more SPEED and more play makers on defense in order for this team to take a step forward. Offensively resign KC, draft a WR & RB along with a few linemen (backups), add a playmaking FA possibly at WR and were good. One point on Manusky...as much as I liked him as a player during his time with the Skins, his defenses were not that good during his DC tenure prior to taking this job. Just can't hang my hat on his ability to put together a sound attacking unit just yet. Maybe with a few more pieces he can and will do better.

HTTR!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo! The defense is holding this team back more so than anything else to include coaching. As much as I want to like Swearinger's play, his attitude, team leadership etc, he just isn't very good. DHall is one step out of the building, Breeland is serviceable and Norman is above average. The DLine outside of Allen is terribly bad. Ironman has made strides this year but he really is a good rotation guy. We are ultra slow at OLB and must get more athletic and faster at the position. Brown is a keeper at ILB mainly because of his speed and his want-to on that side of the ball. We need more SPEED and more play makers on defense in order for this team to take a step forward. Offensively resign KC, draft a WR & RB along with a few linemen (backups), add a playmaking FA possibly at WR and were good. One point on Manusky...as much as I liked him as a player during his time with the Skins, his defenses were not that good during his DC tenure prior to taking this job. Just can't hang my hat on his ability to put together a sound attacking unit just yet. Maybe with a few more pieces he can and will do better.

HTTR!

The defense isn't as bad as we think, when corners are all about pressure as are the safeties. When Allen and Ironman went down, we lost push inside...now QBs can simply step up and that is why Smith hasn't gotten a sack since Allen went down. We need more defensive quality, end of story.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice spin, but how many of those 1st and 2nd downs did we go 4 wide with a TE? Or 3 wide 2 TE??
This team does way too much empty backfield for my liking, and CT tended to be on the field alot when it was 3rd and what ever. Where as you can flip a coin as to if this team will go empty backfield on 1st or 2nd down. Also CT tended to be the back on 1st or 2nd down when we were in fact passing.

No spin. First and second down back is a total misnomer in this era, as is third down back.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No spin. First and second down back is a total misnomer in this era, as is third down back.

Agreed to a degree.

But the fact remains, when this team needs a bull dozer be it to pick up 3rd and 1, or to run down the clock when we are leading by a score and just need to eat up clock and yardage... we dont really have that guy. 3.7 X 3 = 11.1

Get what Im saying

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed to a degree.

But the fact remains, when this team needs a bull dozer be it to pick up 3rd and 1, or to run down the clock when we are leading by a score and just need to eat up clock and yardage... we dont really have that guy. 3.7 X 3 = 11.1

Get what Im saying

Then it is a misnomer. A short yardage back or a grinder may be more accurate.

Considering Kelly isn't good at that either, I still say CT is our best RB regardless of down and that is how this discussion began.

Perine is at 3.7 and CT is at 4.6. To blindly follow and depend on AMMO is nothing more than nostalgia from his first year which he was made by RG3. The truth is, you and I know averaging 3.7 isn't counting it as 3.7 when the defense knows what is coming.

I don't care who is back there in an inches situation, a QB sneak is best.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HTTR!
i think DJ is the best safety we have had in years hands done since taylor's death . i think nicholson will be a very good FS with his range

RK is doing it well and smith is an avg OLB

wr i think harris deserve a better look as i do with davis

free agents ? we should resign KC TM Long brown first before looking for someone else

the draft should be our main tool to keeping this going and the health of our guys

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense isn't as bad as we think, when corners are all about pressure as are the safeties. When Allen and Ironman went down, we lost push inside...now QBs can simply step up and that is why Smith hasn't gotten a sack since Allen went down. We need more defensive quality, end of story.
The defense currently is as BAD as we think. Sure, injuries are a factor but every team has to deal with attrition this time of year and press on. I understand how all facets of the defense work together to compliment each other and dictate to the offense. We need better, faster and hungrier players to improve this defense. This includes a healthy Allen of course but he needs help, that much is now evident. That help, along with another ILB besides Brown, a competent safety or two along with a healthy Murphy and another edge rusher and we should be fine going into next season.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think DJ is the best safety we have had in years hands done since taylor's death . i think nicholson will be a very good FS with his range

RK is doing it well and smith is an avg OLB

wr i think harris deserve a better look as i do with davis

free agents ? we should resign KC TM Long brown first before looking for someone else

the draft should be our main tool to keeping this going and the health of our guys
If your bar is DJ dad, then you are aiming at middle of the road Sir! Nicholson (who is better already as a rookie) and another draft pick with the return of Cravens should improve that position.

Kerrigan's production should increase if we upgrade the opposite side.

Harris is a good WR with little speed but good hands. Good depth guy.

Agree on KC & Brown. Murphy & Long at reasonable deals, otherwise, let them walk. Replacements already in house.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense currently is as BAD as we think. Sure, injuries are a factor but every team has to deal with attrition this time of year and press on. I understand how all facets of the defense work together to compliment each other and dictate to the offense. We need better, faster and hungrier players to improve this defense. This includes a healthy Allen of course but he needs help, that much is now evident. That help, along with another ILB besides Brown, a competent safety or two along with a healthy Murphy and another edge rusher and we should be fine going into next season.

Despite injuries the defense played well last week except for the last couple of minutes in the 1st half and the last 3 to 5 minutes of the 2nd half. Otherwise they gave up 13 points. There is no sense in throwing out the baby with the bath water.

Then too I never heard of sitting your starting QB because you think there are too many injuries on offense. :scratch:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite injuries the defense played well last week except for the last couple of minutes in the 1st half and the last 3 to 5 minutes of the 2nd half. Otherwise they gave up 13 points. There is no sense in throwing out the baby with the bath water.

Then too I never heard of sitting your starting QB because you think there are too many injuries on offense. :scratch:

Is there any other team in the NFL worse than the Redskins at the end of both halves? So frustrating.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm already looking to next year. I want a healthy KC. So yes, as a head coach who has invested EVERYTHING into KC to include my job as naming him starter over you know who, I would protect him from senseless injury. In no way shape or form, would I play KC under the following:

1. We are officially eliminated from playoff contention and...
2. Williams, Schreff are sent to IR if we lose tomorrow and...
3. The intent is to re-sign KC to a LTD...
4. KC should be protected as I consider him the future at QB.

Who said anything about getting rid of everyone? ("There is no sense in throwing out the baby with the bath water") This current defense has shown consistency in one area. Giving up the farm right before the half and before game's end which can be attributed to health, poor play and poor coaching. I'm saying we need bigger, stronger, faster players on defense to improve what we have or think we have in players such as Norman, Kerrigan, Allen, Nicholson, Brown etc.

Tomorrow, I will be rooting for the Skins to win just as I was 35+ years ago and that won't change, ever!!!
HTTR!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What other defenses have lost 3/7th of their front for the season with multiple DB injuries?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your bar is DJ dad, then you are aiming at middle of the road Sir! Nicholson (who is better already as a rookie) and another draft pick with the return of Cravens should improve that position.

Kerrigan's production should increase if we upgrade the opposite side.

Harris is a good WR with little speed but good hands. Good depth guy.

Agree on KC & Brown. Murphy & Long at reasonable deals, otherwise, let them walk. Replacements already in house.

cravens is unreliable , he would never be on my team again . the statement the is the best safety we have had since taylor here is 100% true middle of the road or not

we have a replacement for KC in house or are you talking about the others

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm already looking to next year. I want a healthy KC. So yes, as a head coach who has invested EVERYTHING into KC to include my job as naming him starter over you know who, I would protect him from senseless injury. In no way shape or form, would I play KC under the following:

1. We are officially eliminated from playoff contention and...
2. Williams, Schreff are sent to IR if we lose tomorrow and...
3. The intent is to re-sign KC to a LTD...
4. KC should be protected as I consider him the future at QB.

Who said anything about getting rid of everyone? ("There is no sense in throwing out the baby with the bath water") This current defense has shown consistency in one area. Giving up the farm right before the half and before game's end which can be attributed to health, poor play and poor coaching. I'm saying we need bigger, stronger, faster players on defense to improve what we have or think we have in players such as Norman, Kerrigan, Allen, Nicholson, Brown etc.

Tomorrow, I will be rooting for the Skins to win just as I was 35+ years ago and that won't change, ever!!!
HTTR!

I agree with all but sitting Cousin's. You just don't do that. Who does? Who has sat a healthy guy for 6 weeks? I want him here too but it is a bad message to the rest of the team. I would understand if surgery is impending but part two and this is a big if is that the playoffs are not out of the question yet. Unlikely but still possible.