• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do Redskins need a Head coach change

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I to agree with Sty. If we could get a first for RK, or even a high first for Trent, I would consider trading them.
I dont know that you can trade either of those guys. That sends a very controversial message to the locker room that could cause problems. I would like to see both those guys retire as Redskins.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think its way too premature to declare a guy with 5 total tackles in 10 games is ready for anything much less sending RK to the next team

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know that you can trade either of those guys. That sends a very controversial message to the locker room that could cause problems. I would like to see both those guys retire as Redskins.

While I agree with your sentiment (I too would like to see both retire here) there are significant issues with keeping either or both to the end. Health primarily where Trent is concerned and age primarily with Kerrigan. While both still have gas in their respective tanks, value at cost becomes prohibitive. This doesn't take into account the young, hungry, healthy, just as or better talented greater upside new kids on the block. Again this is why I don't invest emotion into this cold heartless business.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see the injuries piling up on Trent. The locker room message to me is we are always looking for long term improvement. The Patriots moved on from Seymour when he was around 30 and did the same with Mankins. Other than Brady, the patriots don't see many retire with them after the long haul.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the injuries piling up on Trent. The locker room message to me is we are always looking for long term improvement. The Patriots moved on from Seymour when he was around 30 and did the same with Mankins. Other than Brady, the patriots don't see many retire with them after the long haul.
No, I get it. I guess I'm really hoping that the guys know when to call it quits. I am not advocating hanging onto our aging stars out of nostalgia. We did that with Fletcher and he was here 1 too many years. It wouldnt surprise me if Trent hangs it up after next season.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some folks here give little credit to Gruden and the offensive system that he has. Isn't it evident, given all of the injuries that this team has endured that it has barely missed a beat in terms of production? Yes, there are still issues to be sure, but right now in terms of pure design, Gruden's is as effective as any in the league.

BTW: Kirk Cousins... for those who will insist that I'm hating or taking some sort of sideways swipe at him because I didn't mention his name.:D

His 2 minute drill, his coaching during said 2 minute drill and his 2nd half adjustments are terrible.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His 2 minute drill, his coaching during said 2 minute drill and his 2nd half adjustments are terrible.
i agree with this. we are the worst in the league in 2 minute defense, by far, and have been for over 2 years. That is coaching.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I agree with Sty in a sense. Kerrigan is in his later years with us. Probably through his latest contract extension. We should hope Anderson or someone emerges as his eventual replacement in the next few years. Just as we need a LT sooner rather than later. Trent is hobbling quick into retirement. We might get a few more good years from him. At best.

Oh i agree with both of you that at some point we need to develop his eventual replacement. As well as a LT, and yes even a QB even if Kirk signs a LTD.

But Im not one to say... well I know I got three more years on the note for the car I just bought two years ago... so let me start looking for its replacement now. Unless the car is broken, I got better things to replace, like the dishwasher that IS past its contract. :D

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with this. we are the worst in the league in 2 minute defense, by far, and have been for over 2 years. That is coaching.

His offensive play calling has been suspect as well in those situations. As has the offensive execution at times. Kirk, the RBs, WRs, OL, have all collectively fucked up at one time or another. This has been an overall team failure with the emphasis on the Redskins defense. Make no mistake though, every aspect of the team has played a part at one time or another. Some more than others no doubt, but all aspects have been involved.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is giving up a 1st rd pk for either RK or Trent now. They both have some good years left though. Is it true RK is going to cost 9+ mill in 2018, 10+ mill in 2019 and 11+ mill in 2020 as his contract presently stands?

Ryan Kerrigan

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way i see it without Gruden or Kirk more than likely we wouldn’t had been in the position to have a chance to win most of the games this year, so you have my answer no head coaching change needed

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better keep an eye on Anderson, he just might make Kerrigan expendable. Yes he's still raw but this young man has shown promise.

maybe so hope you're right, but I saw him manhandled a couple times yesterday

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe so hope you're right, but I saw him manhandled a couple times yesterday

Who hasn't been manhandled on the Skins defense? For all the talk of needing to get faster, we are a physically weak defense. Who still hasn't solved how to get off the field on 3rd sown and that was with Allen in the line up as well. This team has issues defensively speaking.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who hasn't been manhandled on the Skins defense? For all the talk of needing to get faster, we are a physically weak defense. Who still hasn't solved how to get off the field on 3rd sown and that was with Allen in the line up as well. This team has a dysfunctional subscription defensively speaking.

FIFY homie. :D

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden is a good head coach overall.

That being said, he is one of the worst I have ever seen at end of half clock management. It has cost the Redskins 1.5 - 2 wins a year since he has had the job.

He is overly conservative when he shouldn't be (3 consecutive runs against SF that had no chance when 1 first down ends the game) and he panics on if/when to use his timeouts. @KC was a prime example.

3rd and 2, down by 3 with 1 minute left and 3 timeouts. He calls TO with 55 seconds or so instead of letting the clock run. They throw incomplete on 3rd, and kick the FG with far too much time left to expect the defense to hold.

I like Gruden, but he literally needs to hire a special coach specifically to handle end of half time management.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden is a good head coach overall.

That being said, he is one of the worst I have ever seen at end of half clock management. It has cost the Redskins 1.5 - 2 wins a year since he has had the job.

He is overly conservative when he shouldn't be (3 consecutive runs against SF that had no chance when 1 first down ends the game) and he panics on if/when to use his timeouts. @KC was a prime example.

3rd and 2, down by 3 with 1 minute left and 3 timeouts. He calls TO with 55 seconds or so instead of letting the clock run. They throw incomplete on 3rd, and kick the FG with far too much time left to expect the defense to hold.

I like Gruden, but he literally needs to hire a special coach specifically to handle end of half time management.

Oh I agree he’s got some learning to do

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I get it. I guess I'm really hoping that the guys know when to call it quits. I am not advocating hanging onto our aging stars out of nostalgia. We did that with Fletcher and he was here 1 too many years. It wouldnt surprise me if Trent hangs it up after next season.

Why would you rather them hang it up and we get nothing over having them go elsewhere for something as a twilight? Nostalgia would be the only reason you would desire that.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes...yes..yes..there are issues in efficiency, no doubt, but this is a high production system. Sure it needs players to function at a high level the better the player the more effective it becomes. The proof shows when there are so many injuries and little drop off. Imagine thiscoffense if our front line had players who were equally and effectively able to run and pass block for a top notch RB!

And just to start some shit with the OK'ers....the drop off even if Kirk goes down won't be that great. In fact (and this is especially for them) the drop off even with the bush league McCoy at the helm will hardly be noticeable.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i agree with both of you that at some point we need to develop his eventual replacement. As well as a LT, and yes even a QB even if Kirk signs a LTD.

But Im not one to say... well I know I got three more years on the note for the car I just bought two years ago... so let me start looking for its replacement now. Unless the car is broken, I got better things to replace, like the dishwasher that IS past its contract. :D

Fair analogy. Let me phrase it differently. You owe 10,000 on said car over the next two years. You can trade it in for 12k today or you can wait until your contract is up after paying an extra 2K in repairs during that time. At the completion of that two year contract, you can keep the truck but it will never run again. Which do you choose?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...yes..yes..there are issues in efficiency, no doubt, but this is a high production system. Sure it needs players to function at a high level the better the player the more effective it becomes. The proof shows when there are so many injuries and little drop off. Imagine thiscoffense if our front line had players who were equally and effectively able to run and pass block for a top notch RB!

And just to start some shit with the OK'ers....the drop off even if Kirk goes down won't be that great. In fact (and this is especially for them) the drop off even with the bush league McCoy at the helm will hardly be noticeable.

If the drop off was minimal, I would say go for drop off would be dramatic in my opinion.