• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Disdain for Puig in Clubhouse; New Book

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I already have, you know the numbers that you see every game on TV, the numbers in "most" books, magazines, and on the sports shows at night! you only want to go by the numbers that you now consider the "only" numbers that matter, as I've said, they have there value, but you are putting way to much value into them when you say they are all that matters!

Then I can turn around and do the same thing you accuse me of doing, we are going to go by only these stats because you said so! So, as far as I'm concerned, you have also not proven to me why he is above average, oh that's right because you said so and the Sabr's prove it! not! As I said they are useful stats, but they are telling you what you might expect if this or that happens, it's not a fact, what part of that don't you get!

I'm not going to argue the status of this argument any more. Either debate the merits of my points - as I did to yours in this post - or go away.

You called Puig average / below average. I gave numbers that indicated otherwise and I explained why my numbers support my point. I also provided perspective by comparing his numbers to other players who play similar positions. You have not addressed any of this. You say your numbers are better than my numbers but you don't say why that is or support that claim in any way.

Your points are not supported by any semblance of perspective, context, or expansion. As I said earlier, you just took out his raw numbers and wagged your finger at them. You did not say why you are wagging your finger.

If you don't come back with an actual response, I'm giving up on you because you're wasting my time. This is my final attempt to get a decent conversation out of you.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to argue the status of this argument any more. Either debate the merits of my points - as I did to yours in this post - or go away.

You called Puig average / below average. I gave numbers that indicated otherwise and I explained why my numbers support my
point
. I also provided perspective by comparing his numbers to other players who play similar positions. You have not addressed any of this. You say your numbers are better than my numbers but you don't say why that is or support that claim in any way.

Your points are not supported by any semblance of perspective, context, or expansion. As I said earlier, you just took out his raw numbers and wagged your finger at them. You did not say why you are wagging your finger.

If you don't come back with an actual response, I'm giving up on you because you're wasting my time. This is my final attempt to get a decent conversation out of you.

I hope you do give up! You debated the "merits" of my points! Please, you didn't do any such thing, you just dismissed the stats that major league baseball has always used to judge players, and deemed Sabr stats are the only true way to judge players, it's all you see anymore.

I don't remember ever calling Puig below average, just keep making shit up like you always do, I said he has been average ever since his hot rookie debut. Do I really have to compare his stats to other outfielders, those stats are anywhere you look, but I guess you are to lazy to see that. Actually you don't really have to look that hard at all, if you watched any baseball other Dodger games you would see player stats all over the place, you know the ones that are better than Puig "right now"

As far as you saying his numbers compare to other outfielders like Adrian Gonzalez, Evan Longoria, and The Panda, really you actually said that? Shows you don't have a clue!

Also didn't say "my" numbers are better than your's, just saying thats the numbers that they have always used and continue to use, "in addition to sabr numbers". Also saying that Sabr numbers are all based on if if if, and if this or that happens, it's not factual. Puigs numbers are there for you to see, thats his numbers, i don't want to hear well if you adjust it to this park and this pitcher, when batting 3rd in the order on Sunday's, you can "expect" him to put up these numbers.

I'm watching the game right mow, I see alot of batting average, HR, RbI, Era, numbers being posted, not one mention of, well his War is this, his yada yada yada, is this.

Now I really don't care if you want to ignore the numbers they go by, go ahead and continue to bury Yiur head in the sand, or wherever you have it!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you do give up! You debated the "merits" of my points! Please, you didn't do any such thing, you just dismissed the stats that major league baseball has always used to judge players, and deemed Sabr stats are the only true way to judge players, it's all you see anymore.

I don't remember ever calling Puig below average, just keep making shit up like you always do, I said he has been average ever since his hot rookie debut. Do I really have to compare his stats to other outfielders, those stats are anywhere you look, but I guess you are to lazy to see that. Actually you don't really have to look that hard at all, if you watched any baseball other Dodger games you would see player stats all over the place, you know the ones that are better than Puig "right now"

As far as you saying his numbers compare to other outfielders like Adrian Gonzalez, Evan Longoria, and The Panda, really you actually said that? Shows you don't have a clue!

Also didn't say "my" numbers are better than your's, just saying thats the numbers that they have always used and continue to use, "in addition to sabr numbers". Also saying that Sabr numbers are all based on if if if, and if this or that happens, it's not factual. Puigs numbers are there for you to see, thats his numbers, i don't want to hear well if you adjust it to this park and this pitcher, when batting 3rd in the order on Sunday's, you can "expect" him to put up these numbers.

I'm watching the game right mow, I see alot of batting average, HR, RbI, Era, numbers being posted, not one mention of, well his War is this, his yada yada yada, is this.

Now I really don't care if you want to ignore the numbers they go by, go ahead and continue to bury Yiur head in the sand, or wherever you have it!
I'm done.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nooooo!!! Seeing Dodger fans fight amongst themselves is almost as good as seeing your players have discord!!

:dhd:

Are-You-Not-Entertained-Gladiator.gif

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just for Villian

Gee Dodgers winning percentage with Puig in lineup last two years is .564, without Puig in lineup .595, so much for his precious War numbers! Bottom line over the past two years Puig is average at best!