• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Disdain for Puig in Clubhouse; New Book

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya'll need to calm down

I am lol.

Sorry I have an iPad and sometimes things don't come out right, sorry that you are one of those geeky grammar police types, when you should get the jest. Sorry I don't have a nice computer in my mommy and daddies basement like some of you!

Ya I think he has potential, ya I think he is average right now, what part of that don't you get?

As far as Kershaw I went back and added whatever before you responded and everything I said was a fact!

As far as having nothing to say, you are about as bad as Villian, you throw shit out there that everyone already knows! as far as your post about tonight's game, wow, that was so informative, we didn't already know everything you posted there!

I had no beef with you, most of my responses are directed at Villian, because he doesn't have a clue, he is the one that thinks the strikeout is the only way to go, but then you accuse me of thinking that?

I've said all along that Puig is talented, he is just playing like an average outfielder right now! But here are the responses I get for that:
From MVPuig. "wrong"
From you. "people come out to see him because he is electrifying"

Those are weak responses and don't tell me why you think he is above average?

Then you go into this Kershaw tirade, and tell me things I already know! I don't like Bochy, but seriously he is suppose to select a guy with a 5-6 record and ERA over 3, come on get real, you do realize there are other pitchers who have a lot of no decisions and don't get run support. I said Kershaw is the best pitcher in baseball, he is also the leader or near the lead in a lot of other stats, but for the most part pitchers are picked based on their won loss record and ERA, that's just the way it is!

Grammar has nothing to do with it lol, you're pretty simple aren't you. You've already listed the reasons why Puig is above average, if you're talking about this season then he has only played 30 games or so due to injury, we will see what his numbers are when the season closes. I never said Kershaw should have been selected, I seriously don't even understand what the point to your posts are, you back peddle and muddle up the conversation too often.

Ok outlaw, what the hell does this response mean?

SO% means Jack shit, doesn't matter if every one of them is a ground ball. Ya a guy that gets 10+ strikeouts per 9 innings is a good guy to have, and it looks impressive, but an out is out.

Youre response "you do realize, that a strikeout only counts as 1 out , just like any other out, don't you? I don't think they give out any bonus points for strikeouts?"

I say that strikeouts mean Jack Shit, and that an out is an out, then you try to enlighten me by telling me that SO's only count as 1 out, and that they don't give bonus points for them! Gee isn't that what I was telling Villian in that post, you pretty much try to rip me for saying the same exact thing you are trying to say, but I don't have a clue, if you are going read these post, please try to also comprehend what they say!

And again I reread my comments about Kershaw, I'm pretty sure I said he "was" 5-6, didn't say he is 5-6, i knew he won another game AFTER pitchers were selected, duh! again please take in all the words when you read before you go off on someone!

This post makes no sense, take a breath.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, you just don't read or you just don't get it! I said other than his well above average debut, he has been average at best, what part of that don't you get?

I read that. I gave numbers that were for the LAST THREE YEARS. Not just his debut.

Last year he put up average numbers for an outfielder, this year is is putting up the same average numbers.

Wrong x 2.

I've said all along he had a great start, the last two years he has been average, so his first year really doesnt matter at this point, he is an average outfielder putting up average numbers "right now".

You're repeating yourself. Still wrong.

Why do you always focus on one stat, if it's not "war" it's all about pitchers and how many strikeouts they have. Why don't you put up the list of guys that are ahead of him. The "war" stat is not the end al be all stat. Let's look at all the stats, and when you do, he is average!

I did not just post WAR. I also posted his 3-year wRC+ and his 3-year wOBA. If you think that the ones I post are wrong, then counter me with some different stats and I can tell you why you're still wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I like him, I'm glad he is a Dodger, he's still young and I think he will get better, but I try to look at things realistically and not be the homer that is blind to anything negative!

Nothing blind about the facts on the paper.

It's like alot of people on another site are up in arms because Kershaw wasn't picked for the AllStar team. Kershaw is undoubtedly the best pitcher in the majors, but no one is going to pick a guy that was 5-6 with an ERA over 3.00 ahead of the guys that were picked, thtas just kind of hard to justify to any non Dodger fan!

I don't give a shit about the All-Star game.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that. I gave numbers that were for the LAST THREE YEARS. Not just his debut.

Wrong x 2

You're repeating yourself. Still wrong.

I did not just post WAR. I also posted his 3-year wRC+ and his 3-year wOBA. If you think that the ones I post are wrong, then counter me with some different stats and I can tell you why you're still wrong.

Nothing blind about the facts on the paper.

I don't give a shit about the All-Star game.

Gee I actually agree with you on something, I don't really give a shit about the All Star game either!

As far as repeating yourself, you are the king at that! Your comebacks about Puig being above average are lame, all you care about is War, Wrc, woba, and of course strikeouts! Ya the first three of those stats are relatively new over the past few years. Most people still go by average, runs, HR, RBI's, SB's, you know the stats we normal fans and baseball people go by. Yes the stats that you are referring to play into rating a player, but only you in your mind live strictly by those numbers. I think every game I watch, and I watch a ton of games, I'm thinking that when a player comes to bat, they show his average, HR and rbi stats, when the pitcher is on the mound they show his won loss record and ERA, I don't recall them flashing those important War,Wrc, and Woba stats that you think are the end all be all.

While war may be another stat to look at, it's really just a "what if" stat and is not a fact. They are saying that based on all other stats that you could "possibly" expect that Puig being out would cost you "maybe" five games. Not a fact, it's a guess based on the stats we have always gone by! So go ahead and only chose the stats that you chose to base his "greatness" on. His "War" stats will not get him in the Hall of Fame, his average, HR's, RBI's , defense, etc, will either get him in or not!

So you guys that have a boner for Puig can only give me these reasons he is above average: he's electrifying, he brings fans to the park(not), look at his WAR stats!

Please quit be a Putz!

Puig stats for the past two years:
In 797 plate appearances
AB. runs. Hits. 2b. 3b. HR. RBi. SB-CS. Avg
712. 109. 207. 48. 11. 20. 83. 12-9. 291

Please respond with why these numbers are better than average, I really could use a good laugh, not that I don't already laugh at most of your drivel!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outlaw, I get it that you don't get it, you don't usually get alot anyway. If i had a computer in my basement like you do, it would be easier to post things more to your liking, but i dont i have a IpAd and sometimes it does what it wants, just like cell phones do sometimes. the bottom line is you read my response, so my reference about the grammar police had nothing to do with grammar, it was a reference to web geeks that criticize people for misspellings, and other mistakes! Do you actually understand that or should I type s l o w e r!

As far as your quote"this post makes no sense" I believe you, because it' was your response that you were reading, duh, you're telling me that strikeouts only count as 1 out, when that's pretty much what I was saying, it was a response to Villian and you aren't reading all the posts, and you are totally lost in what youre responding to or to who!

I believe your reading or lack of is what's being muddled!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 797 plate appearances
AB. runs. Hits. 2b. 3b. HR. RBi. SB-CS. Avg

Please respond with why these numbers are better than average, I really could use a good laugh, not that I don't already laugh at most of your drivel!

They're better than average because they amount to a 147 wRC+ in 2014 and 124 wRC+ this year. His OBP in 2014 was .382 and his .350 this year. Also had great slugging percentages both years (.480 and .439). He's been hanging around an .800 OPS.

Do you even know what wRC+ is? 100 wRC+ is average. 147 and 124 are literally 47% and 24% above average. That's how that stat works. It's weighted against league average in creating runs. Why do I keep returning to that? Because it tells a bigger story than "11 triples." It's not the only way to evaluate a player, so I also included WAR and wOBA. That's 3 different markers than can be used effectively to compare one player to the rest of the league.

35 home runs for the season is a lot nowadays. 10 years ago it wouldn't even be in the top 10 for the league. That why you need to weight one players stats against the rest of the league. You need to define average before you can judge what is or isn't above league average.

Why didn't you include his walks? Why did you choose AB instead of PA? You posted a collection of counting stats that are almost useless without context. Using weighted statistics is for more reliable in grading players because it levels the playing field in terms of what ballparks you're playing in (Coors Field versus AT&T Park - two equally talented players should be expected to produce more in Coors than AT&T), and it gives the stats context versus the rest of the league.

I'm sure this is all over your head, but at least I'm trying to educate you. PREDICTION: you'll read this reply while you again revel in your superiority, then you'll continue to not actually refute any of my arguments with serious counterpoints. Instead, you'll dismiss them as "drivel" and accuse me of missing some grander point that you never made (or will make).

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're better than average because they amount to a 147 wRC+ in 2014 and 124 wRC+ this year. His OBP in 2014 was .382 and his .350 this year. Also had great slugging percentages both years (.480 and .439). He's been hanging around an .800 OPS.

Do you even know what wRC+ is? 100 wRC+ is average. 147 and 124 are literally 47% and 24% above average. That's how that stat works. It's weighted against league average in creating runs. Why do I keep returning to that? Because it tells a bigger story than "11 triples." It's not the only way to evaluate a player, so I also included WAR and wOBA. That's 3 different markers than can be used effectively to compare one player to the rest of the league.

35 home runs for the season is a lot nowadays. 10 years ago it wouldn't even be in the top 10 for the league. That why you need to weight one players stats against the rest of the league. You need to define average before you can judge what is or isn't above league average.

Why didn't you include his walks? Why did you choose AB instead of PA? You posted a collection of counting stats that are almost useless without context. Using weighted statistics is for more reliable in grading players because it levels the playing field in terms of what ballparks you're playing in (Coors Field versus AT&T Park - two equally talented players should be expected to produce more in Coors than AT&T), and it gives the stats context versus the rest of the league.

I'm sure this is all over your head, but at least I'm trying to educate you. PREDICTION: you'll read this reply while you again revel in your superiority, then you'll continue to not actually refute any of my arguments with serious counterpoints. Instead, you'll dismiss them as "drivel" and accuse me of missing some grander point that you never made (or will make).

My prediction: He will say that stats don't matter or call you a grammar nazi as he rambles on for another long-winded post.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Villian, again you prove you are a moron! Why didn't I include his walks? Because I put his total plate appearances there for you to see, I guess it was to much for me to expect that you could do any form of subtraction!

Ya, I get how all these new forms of stats are "suppose" to compare players, just because you read something that Gabe Kapler put out there, you think it is the end all be all on how to determine who is good and who isn't. Most of Yiur posts are about something you read, you don't have an original thought in your head!

Pederson was brought up because he was a .300 hitter, hit 30 HR's , and stole 30 bases, while playing great defense. Ya War and all that other stuff plays a part, but you seem to think that's it! You can't tell me Pederson would have been brought up if he hit .230, like he is now, with maybe 15 HR' , but of course you will say yes he would have, because they would have looked at the WAR, WRc, yada yada and the fact that all of his outs were line shots, he was robbed by numerous great catches, every pitcher he faced was a 5 star prospect, he played in pitcher friendly ballparks.

Why don't you go read some more articles and get back to me when Puigs WAR, Wrc+ get him into the Hall, because they prove that he is an above average outfielder, so he a lock!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction: He will say that stats don't matter or call you a grammar nazi as he rambles on for another long-winded post.

At least I try to give an informed rebuttal, your answers are usually, No he's not! Or fans flock to see him, so he must be great, or you just believe anything your lover, i mean Villian has to say

Based on your Avitar, I really take anything you say about Puig with a grain of salt anyway, being totally bias about something Gives you absolutely no credibility at all on the subject.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least I try to give an informed rebuttal, your answers are usually, No he's not! Or fans flock to see him, so he must be great, or you just believe anything your lover, i mean Villian has to say

Based on your Avitar, I really take anything you say about Puig with a grain of salt anyway, being totally bias about something Gives you absolutely no credibility at all on the subject.

What can I say, Villain has more patience with 'tards than I do. I asked you to break down why you think Puig was average and you replied with the same pointless stuff. It's boring.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What can I say, Villain has more patience with 'tards than I do. I asked you to break down why you think Puig was average and you replied with the same pointless stuff. It's boring.

And I gave you his stats, which are average, but you go ahead and just take in the same stats Villian goes by! Wear your Puig jersey proudly. I'm a Dodger fan, not individual players because they come and go. When Puig makes countless Allstar teams and leads us to countless WS, and then goes into the Hall, I will come back and agree with you on how above average he is compared to other outfielders. I said the guy has tremendous upside, but as of right now he is average, he easily has the skills to be one of the best, and he may turn out to be, I hope he does. But at least I can take a step back and be neutral with my own team and judge my teams players with no bias.

As far as the "tard" comment, I guess you are right, he's buddies with you!

And you have given me nothing to say why he is above average!

Last edited:

JV35

El Chapo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the guy a break.

I mean when it comes to charm, not everybody can be Fidel Castro.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Villian, again you prove you are a moron! Why didn't I include his walks? Because I put his total plate appearances there for you to see, I guess it was to much for me to expect that you could do any form of subtraction!

No you didn't. You only put his at-bats. I even asked you why you didn't include plate appearances.

Ya, I get how all these new forms of stats are "suppose" to compare players, just because you read something that Gabe Kapler put out there, you think it is the end all be all on how to determine who is good and who isn't. Most of Yiur posts are about something you read, you don't have an original thought in your head!

Pederson was brought up because he was a .300 hitter, hit 30 HR's , and stole 30 bases, while playing great defense. Ya War and all that other stuff plays a part, but you seem to think that's it! You can't tell me Pederson would have been brought up if he hit .230, like he is now, with maybe 15 HR' , but of course you will say yes he would have, because they would have looked at the WAR, WRc, yada yada and the fact that all of his outs were line shots, he was robbed by numerous great catches, every pitcher he faced was a 5 star prospect, he played in pitcher friendly ballparks.

Why don't you go read some more articles and get back to me when Puigs WAR, Wrc+ get him into the Hall, because they prove that he is an above average outfielder, so he a lock!

Speaking of drivel... Puig needs to get into the hall of fame before you're wrong about him? Come on man.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the guy a break.

I mean when it comes to charm, not everybody can be Fidel Castro.
He might get signed this summer. (There's a kid named Fidel Castro in the pool of international players)

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep there you go, your typical post or thread, says absolutely nothing!

nope, just don't need to waste my time writing my thoughts when my opinion was already covered in this thread.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you didn't. You only put his at-bats. I even asked you why you didn't include plate appearances.

Speaking of drivel... Puig needs to get into the hall of fame before you're wrong about him? Come on man.

In 797 plate appearances
AB. runs. Hits. 2b. 3b. HR. RBi. SB-CS. Av

Look right above where it says AB, stick with me here, see where it says in 797 "plate appearances" I don't know how to break this down any more for you, maybe I can get one of my grandkids to come on here and make it a level playing field foe you.

What a tool you are!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope, just don't need to waste my time writing my thoughts when my opinion was already covered in this thread.

Exactly, your opinion is Puig be good, he be above average hitter, me like Puig, grunt grunt!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree Puig may get into the HOF someday, right now is a average player, so if he gets into the Hall someday, it wouldn't prove me to be wrong, because right now he is average, he could and should get better, I hope he does, now quit reading only bits and pieces of posts and take everything in!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 797 plate appearances
AB. runs. Hits. 2b. 3b. HR. RBi. SB-CS. Av

Look right above where it says AB, stick with me here, see where it says in 797 "plate appearances" I don't know how to break this down any more for you, maybe I can get one of my grandkids to come on here and make it a level playing field foe you.

What a tool you are!
Fine, I missed the part about plate appearances. Good job, you caught me there. I'm still right about everything else and you've shown nothing to prove otherwise.

I guarantee we'd all prefer talking to your grandkids. That's actually a great idea.