• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Disdain for Puig in Clubhouse; New Book

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Puig may get into the HOF someday, right now is a average player, so if he gets into the Hall someday, it wouldn't prove me to be wrong, because right now he is average, he could and should get better, I hope he does, now quit reading only bits and pieces of posts and take everything in!
He's not average. He's above average. I've shown that. You have not shown otherwise. Go away.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine, I missed the part about plate appearances. Good job, you caught me there. I'm still right about everything else and you've shown nothing to prove otherwise.

I guarantee we'd all prefer talking to your grandkids. That's actually a great idea.

Wow, mark the day down, you admitted you were wrong about something, probably the first and last time.
But then you say you are right about "everything" else, ya in your mind, you say I haven't proven otherwise, sorry Garth, but I haven't seen the proof that you are wrong either! you can throw out all your new metric measurements you want to, still Major League Baseball goes more by the numbers they have always gone by, and those numbers will be what gets any player into the Hall, not the numbers you keep wanting to throw out there. I at least agree that these new measurements are numbers all teams are looking at, but the bottom line is the numbers that they have always gone by! You put up big numbers Yiur good, you put up average numbers your average, "right now" Puig = average. The proof is in the pudding, you pudding head!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, mark the day down, you admitted you were wrong about something, probably the first and last time.

I also said I was too harsh on JP Howell.

But then you say you are right about "everything" else, ya in your mind, you say I haven't proven otherwise, sorry Garth, but I haven't seen the proof that you are wrong either! you can throw out all your new metric measurements you want to, still Major League Baseball goes more by the numbers they have always gone by, and those numbers will be what gets any player into the Hall, not the numbers you keep wanting to throw out there. I at least agree that these new measurements are numbers all teams are looking at, but the bottom line is the numbers that they have always gone by! You put up big numbers Yiur good, you put up average numbers your average, "right now" Puig = average. The proof is in the pudding, you pudding head!

I'm still right about everything else until you prove that I'm not. That's how debates work. You still have not put up a single valid point to support your claim of Puig being average and you still have not broken down why any of my points are wrong. You just blather about and call silly names.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also said I was too harsh on JP Howell.

I'm still right about everything else until you prove that I'm not. That's how debates work. You still have not put up a single valid point to support your claim of Puig being average and you still have not broken down why any of my points are wrong. You just
blather about and call silly names.

You do realize I can say the exact same thing about your argument that he's better than average, you have proven nothing!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Puigs stat line of .288, 20 HR, and 83 RBI's over the past two years and 719 at bats, those are average numbers, I could give a shit about your Sabr stats! They still judge players by the stats they have always judged players, in addition to the Sabr stats. If you don't think those are average numbers your expectations are quit low! But I expect that from you, my expectations of a relevant post from you are quite low, and you always come through for me !

When you post ridiculous comments about Howell, Puig, and Pederson, you come across to Dodger fans and outsiders to this site as being uninformed and out of touch, it makes you look like you're just throwing shit out there, that can be proven very easily to the contrary! Howell sucks, Puig above average, Pederson is just in a 8 game slump, after all he had 2 hits in a game 9 games ago!
Who's laughing at who? Really!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're old and senile Smed, give it up!!

Outsiders don't watch the Dodgers play, who cares about their opinion? You seriously value a Dbacks fan's opinion on the Dodgers? That just shows how out of touch you really are.

Last edited:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're old and senile Smed, give it up!!

Outsiders don't watch the Dodgers play, who cares about their opinion? You seriously value a Dbacks fan's opinion on the Dodgers? That just shows how out of touch you really are.

Why should I give it up, why don't you. First of all Villian responded to the Arizona fan, if he didn't care, why respond? Why do you even remember who commented on it? As far as your asinine comment about outsiders don't watch the Dodgers play, I'd be willing to bet alot of those outsiders know more about the Dodgers than you do, I value their opinion more than some close-minded homer that only sees what they want to! I watch a ton a baseball and I watch alot of other teams, that's what true baseball fans do, so ya they have more credibilty then some Dodger, pajama wearing fruit loop that sleeps in a car bed!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should I give it up, why don't you. First of all Villian responded to the Arizona fan, if he didn't care, why respond? Why do you even remember who commented on it? As far as your asinine comment about outsiders don't watch the Dodgers play, I'd be willing to bet alot of those outsiders know more about the Dodgers than you do, I value their opinion more than some close-minded homer that only sees what they want to! I watch a ton a baseball and I watch alot of other teams, that's what true baseball fans do, so ya they have more credibilty then some Dodger, pajama wearing fruit loop that sleeps in a car bed!

Arizona fans have a personal vendetta against Dodgers fans, maybe it's difficult for you to understand that since you have 2 favorite teams who rival each other! True baseball fan my ass!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona fans have a personal vendetta against Dodgers fans, maybe it's difficult for you to understand that since you have 2 favorite teams who rival each other! True baseball fan my ass!

You continue to show your total ignorance by grouping all fans! Just because you and some other fans might rip into each other about each others teams, you can't possibly be that dumb to think a true baseball fan doesn't show respect to other teams and players when it is due!

As far as the Angels they are not rivals, there is no rivalry there you Putz, the Giants are the Dodgers rival, if there is a team in the American league it would be the Yankees.

If I were to lower myself I could also "try" to childlessly rip you about the choice of teams you seem to like! You like the Raiders and Lakers , good for you!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You continue to show your total ignorance by grouping all fans! Just because you and some other fans might rip into each other about each others teams, you can't possibly be that dumb to think a true baseball fan doesn't show respect to other teams and players when it is due!

As far as the Angels they are not rivals, there is no rivalry there you Putz, the Giants are the Dodgers rival, if there is a team in the American league it would be the Yankees.

If I were to lower myself I could also "try" to childlessly rip you about the choice of teams you seem to like! You like the Raiders and Lakers , good for you!

You can have more than 1 rival, God, you really are that simple aren't you. :L

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have more than 1 rival, God, you really are that simple aren't you. :L

Another great comeback! Wow you are so insightful. Ya pretty much you could say a few different teams are, but really the Giants are the one and only true rival, simpleton, the Dodgers and Angels compete for fans in that area, but they don't play each other enough to have ever developed a rivalry. If you think that's a rivalry, you don't know shit!

Obviously the only games you watch are Dodger games. I'm a baseball fan, dodgers are my favorite national league team, Angels American league team, if they meet in the WS, I'm all Dodgers. I know it's hard for a narrow minded person to think otherwise, but there are many fans who love baseball and have a favorite team and a second favorite team, but to think that people only like one team only makes you look like an idiot, which obviously you are.
The Giants are the Dodgers rival period! I'm assuming Yiu are the type that goes on the Giant board and berated them and tells them that the Giants are lucky or that they suck! I'm a fan and can at least say the Giants were one of the best teams in the league last year, I don't think they were better then the Dodgers, but the won and the Dodgers didn't, shit happens.
I can also say the last time the Dodgers won the WS they weren't the best team in the Majors, they weren't even the best team in the league.

I'm glad they won, but true baseball fans can take a step back from their feelings for their team and be realistic. Homers are a pathetic little group of fans that true baseball fans laugh at, because they really don't have a clue!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember you back on CBS, you used to always talk about how much better the Angels were than the Dodgers. You're a frontrunner, now that the Dodgers are good all of a sudden you're a Dodgers fan. You're hopeless, but you're entertaining, I'll give you that lol.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've come to the conclusion that this guy is a senile old man. Probably best to ignore his insane ramblings like his kids do irl.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Puigs stat line of .288, 20 HR, and 83 RBI's over the past two years and 719 at bats, those are average numbers, I could give a shit about your Sabr stats! They still judge players by the stats they have always judged players, in addition to the Sabr stats. If you don't think those are average numbers your expectations are quit low! But I expect that from you, my expectations of a relevant post from you are quite low, and you always come through for me !

So, you're basing your entire argument on "his numbers are average because I say that they're average!" and also, "your numbers don't count because I don't like them!"

Nice.

When you post ridiculous comments about Howell, Puig, and Pederson, you come across to Dodger fans and outsiders to this site as being uninformed and out of touch, it makes you look like you're just throwing shit out there, that can be proven very easily to the contrary! Howell sucks, Puig above average, Pederson is just in a 8 game slump, after all he had 2 hits in a game 9 games ago!
Who's laughing at who? Really!

I really don't care about how I come across to people. That should be pretty obvious. But yea, keep on attacking me instead of the points I'm making. That makes you look like a big, reasonable teddy bear who loves to cuddle after agreeing to disagree.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you're basing your entire argument on "his numbers are average because I say that they're average!" and also, "your numbers don't count because I don't like

I really don't care about how I come across to people. That should be pretty obvious. But yea, keep on attacking me instead of the points I'm making. That makes you look like a big, reasonable teddy bear who loves to cuddle after agreeing

You are doing the same thing you are accusing me of, "Puig is above average because I say he is" and "your numbers don't count" don't be such a hypocrite!

And I'm not attacking you, I'm attacking the points that you aren't including" is it that time of the month, your getting a little pouty!

Last edited:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember you back on CBS, you used to always talk about how much better the Angels were than the Dodgers. You're a frontrunner, now that the Dodgers are good all of a sudden you're a Dodgers fan. You're hopeless, but you're entertaining, I'll give you that lol.

Wow, could you be any more of a douche bag? I'm guessing you could be and are! Sorry to burst your so called revelation, but I've never, ever been on any board before 2 years ago. So not only are your posts not very good, neither is your memory! That's what you do though, just throw shit out there and hope that something sticks! If I was such a frontrunner, I wouldn't be a Rams fan or Laker fan either!
But you just keep throwing shit out there, it adds to your lack of credibility, but carry on Garth if it makes you feel better!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut the "I know you are, but what am I?" crap. Either provide valid counterpoints instead of bloviating about intangibles or go away. You're not adding anything of value to the conversation. You're just slinging mud.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut the "I know you are, but what am I?" crap. Either provide valid counterpoints instead of bloviating about intangibles or go away. You're not adding anything of value to the conversation. You're just slinging mud.

Said the King of mud slinging! Don't kid yourself that you have said anything that has any value! The only thing you have proven is stats that say "if" this or that happens this is what you "might" expect to happen "if" he did this or that. The stats I have thrown are there are things that "have" actually happened? I know that's hard for you to understand, but it is what it is, not what "might happen"
Go back over your post, you never say anything that isn't a fact, and you are right about everything, your word is the Gospel your Holyness! Whatever!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for you to prove how Puig has been a below average player for the majority of his career.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for you to prove how Puig has been a below average player for the majority of his career.

Well I already have, you know the numbers that you see every game on TV, the numbers in "most" books, magazines, and on the sports shows at night! you only want to go by the numbers that you now consider the "only" numbers that matter, as I've said, they have there value, but you are putting way to much value into them when you say they are all that matters!

Then I can turn around and do the same thing you accuse me of doing, we are going to go by only these stats because you said so! So, as far as I'm concerned, you have also not proven to me why he is above average, oh that's right because you said so and the Sabr's prove it! not! As I said they are useful stats, but they are telling you what you might expect if this or that happens, it's not a fact, what part of that don't you get!