• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Disdain for Puig in Clubhouse; New Book

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I heard that except about Greinke and Puig almost fighting. If I were Puig I probably would've murdered Zack and his whole family, so kudos to Puig for being able to be held back by JP Howell.

And I can absolutely relate to both of them with situations at my own work, school, and even in my family with my siblings and cousins. So, I don't buy any of it that this is some dysfunctional clubhouse. If you're a passionate person that gets forced to spend every day with people, many who are equally as passionate as you are, you're going to have your highs and your lows.

Makes for fascinating anecdotes, for sure. I'll buy the book. But I won't buy this as some kind of narrative that Puig is cancer or some shit like that. Having an explosive personality (who is surprised that Puig is this way?) is not a barrier that needs to be expelled before a World Series.

When Bill Plaschke writes a column blaming Puig's personality for any playoff failures, I'll gladly ignore that artice. If the Dodgers win it all and he writes the "other" column - the one where the passion is what the Dodgers needed all along - I'll gladly ignore that crap, too.

Last edited:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I heard that except about Greinke and Puig almost fighting. If I were Puig I probably would've murder Zack and his whole family, so kudos to Puig for being able to be held back by JP Howell.

Yeah, Greinke begs to be pummeled but it sounds like Puig has just about worn out his welcome. It'll be interesting to see if Magic has any input on such decisions. No doubt he's sickened by Puig's behavior and wants to protect his investment.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Magic

I don't have an issue with Puig being Puig, especially if he plays the way he does.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Magic

I don't have an issue with Puig being Puig, especially if he plays the way he does.

I was watching a game last week when they were at the Confines.

Len from the Cubs broadcast team kept showing Puig, in extra innings, with his hat in one hand scratching his head WHILE THE PITCHER WAS WINDING UP. Other outfielders? In their stance like every outfielder has since the Civil fucking War.

Is that what you mean by "the way he does?"

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want McCourt back?
LOL. Dude, Magic has the smallest minority stake in the ownership. He doesn't make any final decisions for the team. Stan Kasten is the President and CEO who makes the majority of the organizational leadership decisions, Mark Walter is the true owner with the most money invested and the ultimate decision-making ability (which I doubt he uses very often).

Magic is just there to take the spotlight off of Mark Walter.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Dude, Magic has the smallest minority stake in the ownership. He doesn't make any final decisions for the team. Stan Kasten is the President and CEO, Mark Walter is the true owner with the most money invested and the ultimate decision-making ability (which I doubt he uses very often).

That's not a newsflash and is irrelevant to this discussion.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching a game last week when they were at the Confines.

Len from the Cubs broadcast team kept showing Puig, in extra innings, with his hat in one hand scratching his head WHILE THE PITCHER WAS WINDING UP. Other outfielders? In their stance like every outfielder has since the Civil fucking War.

Is that what you mean by "the way he does?"

Only way you can use this phrase is if you typed it without having the Confederate flag on your mind or else you will need to be reported as a racist

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is McCourt relevant?

Poster complains about current ownership, I ask if he'd prefer McCourt back, you play role of Captain Obvious.

Do I have that about right?

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poster complains about current ownership, I ask if he'd prefer McCourt back, you play role of Captain Obvious.

Do I have that about right?
No, you don't.

You asked if Magic had a say in things (he doesn't). Poster said "fuck Magic" because Magic is irrelevant. Saying "fuck Magic" and complaining about the current ownership are not the say thing because, as is SO OBVIOUS to you, Magic doesn't make any of the ownership decisions.

Therefore, you invoking McCourt as if he is the only alternative to Magic was asinine and useless. Apparently it takes the power of the obvious to show that to you.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you don't.

You asked if Magic had a say in things

No. I did not.

Read what I said. Stop being offended and obtuse, read what I said, take a deep breath and convince yourself that being a silly petulant child over your lack of reading comprehension is senseless and only serves to ruin your morning.

Can you handle that? I think you can.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see if Magic has any input on such decisions. No doubt he's sickened by Puig's behavior and wants to protect his investment.

Keep trolling.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I heard that except about Greinke and Puig almost fighting. If I were Puig I probably would've murdered Zack and his whole family, so kudos to Puig for being able to be held back by JP Howell.
I dunno, man. Greinke has that crazy ass look in his eyes. He might be the one doing the murdering!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll wait until part 2 of the book comes out "Puig Isolated in the Clubhouse: The Loss of Juan Uribe". That'll be a gripping drama.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By all accounts, this book is going to be fun. I just read an excerpt about Ned Colletti trying to trade for Joaquin Benoit, but the analytics team shut it down and he was pissed.

I already pre-ordered my copy. Can't wait.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think where things went amiss, Hammer, is when you asked if Magic has any say in these matters. And he does not.

This argument was much ado about nothing and addressing on simple sentence would have squashed it.