• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DIon Lewis, Doug Martin Fantasy

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't touch either of them fantasy wise. Lewis can definitely be a useful player for someone, real football wise (he ain't better than Abdullah though, he was the perfect fit for what NE needed and how they used him, little else). Martin? I'm sure hell find a job as a backup to a main guy. A team like Jax or StL, he'd be decent insurance in case of injury, but his days of being counted on are done. I saw nothing left after his first 2 games this year.
Abdullah is awful man.

I know he went to Nebraska. But he's just not NFL caliber.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, its not really about what Lewis can do or can't do in any given role. Its more about what other guys have done in the same situation. Blount was a friggin monster, Gillisle did well, Burkhead did well, James White was amazing, hell, Brandon Bolden had success, Vareen, Rdiley.... Tells me the Dion Lewis may be decent, but so was every other RB they plugged in. I'm not buying that a guy who started his career on practice squads and getting outright cut, is now some sort of stud and it wasn't his surrounding cast, and the nearly always stellar game plan that made him.
Reminds me of Shannahan RB's back in the day, outside of Portis, none of them were anything outside of the system

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets arm tackled easily and fumbles too much. He also can't pass block.

Lewis led the NFL in yards after contact I believe.
Well, I'll give ya the fumbles..that's ALWAYS been an issue. He pass blocks adequately, just because Riddick is better, doesn't mean he can't. Everything else, everything, I'll gladly attribute to Brady, Gronk, BB, McDaniels vs a collection of whatever word you'd like to use in Detroit. A 25 year old Barry Sanders would have a hard time being succseful in Detroit lately

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'll give ya the fumbles..that's ALWAYS been an issue. Everything else, everything, I'll gladly attribute to Brady, Gronk, BB, McDaniels vs a collection of whatever word you'd like to use in Detroit
Arm tackles and inability to block aren't really attributable to anyone but him.

He's just not big enough to bring much to an offense at the highest level imo.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abdullah has been a massive disappointment. He has shown brief flashes. Lewis had a fantastic year this year but how much of that is tied to the Pats remains to be seen. I think Lewis will get a shot but never as a full time starter. At this point, Abdullah might only have special teams value

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abdullah has been a massive disappointment. He has shown brief flashes. Lewis had a fantastic year this year but how much of that is tied to the Pats remains to be seen. I think Lewis will get a shot but never as a full time starter. At this point, Abdullah might only have special teams value
We had a rookie All Pro return man.

I'd hoped Abdullah would be the return man on kicks before Agnew was drafted. As it was, they split duties on kickoffs. With a lil TJ Jones sprinkled in.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arm tackles and inability to block aren't really attributable to anyone but him.

He's just not big enough to bring much to an offense at the highest level imo.
If it helps, I'd rather have Lewis than CJ or Alf, real or fantasy.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pray that Detroit releases him...I'll gladly trade something of decent value for him in any dynasty if they do...even before he signs.

And his special teams value is pretty blah. He returned punts and some kicks early on in college..meh..was OK, wouldn't trust him to make tackles on coverages with breaking something

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pray that Detroit releases him...I'll gladly trade something of decent value for him in any dynasty if they do...even before he signs.

And his special teams value is pretty blah. He returned punts and some kicks early on in college..meh..was OK, wouldn't trust him to make tackles on coverages with breaking something
Abdullah led the NFL in kickoff return yards his rookie year. Also led in kicks returned.

He led the team in Y/KR this year. But it was only a few returns.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the situations they find themselves in.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I guess nobody wants to trade for Abdullah in D2?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve offered him to a lot of people in D1