• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DIon Lewis, Doug Martin Fantasy

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are your thoughts on them moving forward

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Martin is finished, and Lewis has a few good role playing years left.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends on what you're running. lewis has more versatility, but if put in the right situation, think martin has a nice year left in him.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like the blurb about Lewis joining Patricia in Detroit, but not sure how much truth behind that one, outside of Detroit needing RB help and Lewis more than likely needing a job

Martin is a perplexing one, as the entire TB offense took a step back this past season, not just Martin, but he looked truly disinterested/spent out there. I really thought he was going to be in for a nice bounce back year as well, huge swing and a whiff there.

not sure why any team would hurry to lock Lewis/Martin up before taking a chance on a kid they like in the middle/late rounds of the draft

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis could be better than Abdullah. But I'd rather have Riddick. No real need for both.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucs released Doug Martin.

This move, which saves Tampa Bay $6.75 million against the cap, was fully expected following two seasons marred by injury, suspension, and ineffectiveness. Martin was an All-Pro as recently as 2015, however, and just turned 29 in January. He would be a good get for running-back needy teams on a one-year, incentive-laden deal.:suds:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:
Bucs released Doug Martin.

This move, which saves Tampa Bay $6.75 million against the cap, was fully expected following two seasons marred by injury, suspension, and ineffectiveness. Martin was an All-Pro as recently as 2015, however, and just turned 29 in January. He would be a good get for running-back needy teams on a one-year, incentive-laden deal.:suds:
Wonder where u copied that from:suds:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no one sees Lewis as a workhorse anywhere

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no one sees Lewis as a workhorse anywhere

workhorse? nah

The 1A or 1B in a two-headed attack? certainly, pending landing spot

I don't think Lewis was a system back that benefited solely from being a patriot.
But I also don't think he's a guy you give it to 20x per game.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
workhorse? nah

The 1A or 1B in a two-headed attack? certainly, pending landing spot

I don't think Lewis was a system back that benefited solely from being a patriot.
But I also don't think he's a guy you give it to 20x per game.
So u see his fantasy value dipping leaving New England

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't touch either of them fantasy wise. Lewis can definitely be a useful player for someone, real football wise (he ain't better than Abdullah though, he was the perfect fit for what NE needed and how they used him, little else). Martin? I'm sure hell find a job as a backup to a main guy. A team like Jax or StL, he'd be decent insurance in case of injury, but his days of being counted on are done. I saw nothing left after his first 2 games this year.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So u see his fantasy value dipping leaving New England

yes, but mainly due to not knowing where he'll suit up next year.

I think the biggest thing in Lewis' favor is versatility, he's been the passing down back AND the between the tackles/clock killer for patriots. Pretty impressive, imo, that he was able to fit what they needed multiple times, and in different capacities

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Martin is going to have a hard time finding a job. He was terrible last year and already comes with all kind of baggage. I just don't see a team wanting to even mess with it because it's not like he's known as a good locker room guy either.

Dion Lewis is kind of hard to figure out. Did he benefit being in New England, yes he certainly did in the passing game because we all know Brady loves throwing to his backs, but he was surprisingly good at running between the tackles. I didn't see a whole lot of going down to avoid hits, he stuck it up in there and didn't shy away from contact at all. If I were him Detroit is the last place I'd want to go because it's already crowded enough there. I don't think he's going to be the main guy anywhere, but I think Buffalo would be a great place for him as a 2nd back to Shady. Indianapolis might be a good spot because there's no way that Marlon Mack can take on the #1 role by himself, but I could see the two of them splitting it. Tennessee might be a good landing spot since after the playoffs that Derrick Henry had they would be crazy not to just cut Demarco Murray and his salary. It's not like he was that good last year anyway. He should probably go to Seattle and they should just cut everybody else they have except Chris Carson and let the two of them run with it. Regardless, depending on where he goes, I think he's got at least three more good years in him (It's not like he's had a lot of touches to wear down.)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think martin gets a shot, detroit, jets, browns, something maybe indy, but he'll get a chance just based on those two years............he could be a gem

Lewis i think loses all value going out of NE. He becomes a timeshare piece, with an injury history..........

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think martin gets a shot, detroit, jets, browns, something maybe indy, but he'll get a chance just based on those two years............he could be a gem

Lewis i think loses all value going out of NE. He becomes a timeshare piece, with an injury history..........

Possible Martin gets a shot, but have to wait and see. As for Lewis think he could be about as valuable as he was in NE, but that means maybe a flex type at best and probable he just depth.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible Martin gets a shot, but have to wait and see. As for Lewis think he could be about as valuable as he was in NE, but that means maybe a flex type at best and probable he just depth.
new england used him alot, and gave him looks inside the ten i dont see him gettting that many carries and RZ looks somewhere else

but i do see martin getting a shot

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
new england used him alot, and gave him looks inside the ten i dont see him gettting that many carries and RZ looks somewhere else

but i do see martin getting a shot
NE used a lot of players, often times it was hard to understand the thought behind it. It is like BB hated FF. So I can see Lewis being used in a specific role consistently else where, unlike in NE where you just never knew who BB would go with week to week. That being said he would be a flex or depth for me.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are greatly underestimating how good Dion Lewis was at actual football this year. He looked like a good NFL running back, I don't care who he was playing for. New England is getting way too much credit here. Yes, he won't be used in the passing game as much anywhere else, but he was finishing runs and he is Doug Martin looked like he was in slow motion and didn't give a shit about improving on it. Which guy would you rather have? Right now, Dion Lewis is just a better football player than Doug Martin and he's a year and a half younger without a history of suspensions for having a piss poor attitude. What the hell are you seeing in him that makes you think he could be a lead back again? The reason for his piss poor attitude is that I'm sure he thinks he should be getting more carries, but he's not going to get more than 10 carries anywhere which means he'll continue to have a piss poor attitude. I just hope to God the Dolphins stay the hell away from him.