• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did you guys hear this?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you been to a Redskins game lately? Lots of non corporate types spending lots of money on tickets, parking, food, beer, souvenirs, etc. Also a fair amt of Cousins jerseys out there & there will be a heck of lot more if (I mean when) he signs for the long haul. A playoff win or two would boost all of these numbers substantially.

Beyond that Snyder is a Redskins fan at heart & wants success for the team. Taking two steps backward likely won't help. BTW - speaking of jerseys - I have a #10 Redskins jersey gathering dust in my closet. Do you think that I can get $10 or maybe $5 for it?

You'll find that at every home game everywhere, but you cannot use your observations as a basis from which you then suggest that the bulk of the NFL revenue stream comes from what you've witnessed in a parking lot.

Yes Snyder is a fan, I'll give you that, hell, I'll even throw in the fact that he would love to see this team win, but above all of that he is at heart a businessman. His bottom line is making more money, it's the American way, the bonus is that he is a fan and as such wants to see his team win.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I get that, but doesn't that make the assumption that SF is in play and the others are not? Pretty sure that anyone interested in his services will take into consideration what the compensation from other teams will be and either get creative with their offers or not make one at all.

It's curious to me that on the one hand, the MARKET is the basis upon which people rely on when the question is how much Kirk should be paid, and then they downplay the MARKET when the question is compensation for his services. Thus far, in as much as I'm concerned, it's 2 1sts.... or.... a 1st and a boatload of non 1sts. That's where we start. Anyone else interested, and are not willing to go either of those routes, will have to wow me with their creativity.

If you are suggesting that at the very least a team will offer 2 #1 picks, I originally agreed.
But based on what has been mentioned in the forums these past few days, my understanding is that, it is not etched in stone. some reports have even mentioned 1st round swaps, that could end up including two 1st rounders. Personally, I would assume if a team is desperate enough, and doesn't believe in the top 3 rookies available, they would offer a 2017 1,2 and a 2018 1 for Cousins and our 2017 1. Or they would offer multiple 2017 picks. I'd hope if the Redskins are giving up their best player on offense, they have a plan.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how does anyone think that sending a 17th pick overall and giving them a young PB qb is a good idea ?

Hell NO!! the idea is to maximize your return not minimize it. Suggestions like this are designed to infer that in our guys sell hot commodities cheaply and other teams take advantage of that sort of stupidity. Vinny and Dan and to a lesser degree Bruce and Dan might go for something like that, but I guarantee that Scott is not that cray cray.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell NO!! the idea is to maximize your return not minimize it. Suggestions like this are designed to infer that in our guys sell hot commodities cheaply and other teams take advantage of that sort of stupidity. Vinny and Dan and to a lesser degree Bruce and Dan might go for something like that, but I guarantee that Scott is not that cray cray.
tell it to daniel jeremiah

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's true, Scot McCloughan is back on the sauce?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are talking about the guy who cut a second round pick in his third year on the team, and the guy who thought Matt Jones was beastmode reincarnate. If we are being truthful here.. SMGM has been batting around .500 on his decisions since he got here.

I know some want to think the Redskins have most of the leverage in this thing. But truthfully, they have very little. Sure they can Tag Kirk or sign him long term... beyond that Kirk is holding 4 aces, a King and probably two jokers up hi sleeve.

Its not a matter of if the Skins are going to get screwed on this one, just a question of how.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are suggesting that at the very least a team will offer 2 #1 picks, I originally agreed.
But based on what has been mentioned in the forums these past few days, my understanding is that, it is not etched in stone. some reports have even mentioned 1st round swaps, that could end up including two 1st rounders. Personally, I would assume if a team is desperate enough, and doesn't believe in the top 3 rookies available, they would offer a 2017 1,2 and a 2018 1 for Cousins and our 2017 1. Or they would offer multiple 2017 picks. I'd hope if the Redskins are giving up their best player on offense, they have a plan.

That's the market period!! If anyone wants Kirk and I'm GM, that's where we start!! I don't buy that other argument where we don't want him so others won't meet the going price. The counter to that is if we don't want him why should they? Ya feel me? Kirk is a hot commodity right now, because we cannot come to terms with him does not make him any less hot as a commodity right?

I can see where a team balks at not wanting to give up either the 2017 1st or 2018 1st, but they either give up one of them and other considerations or both of them, That's the deal and none of that 2nd or 3rd bullshit either unless they were included in the bottom line package that I've just mentioned.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are talking about the guy who cut a second round pick in his third year on the team, and the guy who thought Matt Jones was beastmode reincarnate. If we are being truthful here.. SMGM has been batting around .500 on his decisions since he got here.

I know some want to think the Redskins have most of the leverage in this thing. But truthfully, they have very little. Sure they can Tag Kirk or sign him long term... beyond that Kirk is holding 4 aces, a King and probably two jokers up hi sleeve.

Its not a matter of if the Skins are going to get screwed on this one, just a question of how.

You either produce or you pack your shit and leave, that's the message that I got from Scott regarding those moves. There's still time for the batting average to go way up with current players that he's gotten. 500 is one hell of a step up from Vinny and to a lesser degree Bruce.

We don't have a lot of leverage I'll give you that, but what we do have is a hot commodity. To repeat...
because we cannot come to terms with him does not make him any less hot as a commodity right? Bottom line, teams want him now, we have him now, to get him you pay the price that we want or don't, their choice!

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This organization is insane. They have a history of overpaying for fat fucks who can't even pass a fitness test. They have over paid for other teams aging stars time after time after time. They have overpaid for so many worthless FA players who cared nothing about this team and who just wanted a fat paycheck. My God they even went and over paid for a has-been known as Deion. Yet when they finally have a promising young player (QB no less) who has been farm raised within these walls they suddenly have a problem to overpay this one... their own blood. Too funny.

I'm seriously laughing at the notion that some of you seem to be happy if they were too,,, swap the 17th for the 2 pick and then tossing in KC to the 49ers. What a bargain for us.. wow,, we'd be the talk of the town... SF can't be this stupid. I'm being sarcastic btw. First that trade would never happen. Yes, even your Beloved Redskins aren't even that stupid.

Not sure why KC is so hell bent to become the highest paid player in the NFL when he's not even better than the 10th rated QB in the league. I guess because he knows he can be. For the record not one player is worth more than the next imo. RB's are only good as their front line. Receivers are only as good as their QB. CB's are only as good as the defensive pressure put on a QB. However, since it is so fucked up and millions and millions and millions is giving to players not of the same status or stats at your same position than KC has every right to break the bank. This org had him before he blossomed and they balked... now they pay.

Trust me when I tell you that had KC not QB'd this team last year we would have been 4 and 12. Think about that and then ask yourself,, do I really want that 2nd pic after all.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This organization is insane. They have a history of overpaying for fat fucks who can't even pass a fitness test. They have over paid for other teams aging stars time after time after time. They have overpaid for so many worthless FA players who cared nothing about this team and who just wanted a fat paycheck. My God they even went and over paid for a has-been known as Deion. Yet when they finally have a promising young player (QB no less) who has been farm raised within these walls they suddenly have a problem to overpay this one... their own blood. Too funny.

I'm seriously laughing at the notion that some of you seem to be happy if they were too,,, swap the 17th for the 2 pick and then tossing in KC to the 49ers. What a bargain for us.. wow,, we'd be the talk of the town... SF can't be this stupid. I'm being sarcastic btw. First that trade would never happen. Yes, even your Beloved Redskins aren't even that stupid.

Not sure why KC is so hell bent to become the highest paid player in the NFL when he's not even better than the 10th rated QB in the league. I guess because he knows he can be. For the record not one player is worth more than the next imo. RB's are only good as their front line. Receivers are only as good as their QB. CB's are only as good as the defensive pressure put on a QB. However, since it is so fucked up and millions and millions and millions is giving to players not of the same status or stats at your same position than KC has every right to break the bank. This org had him before he blossomed and they balked... now they pay.

Trust me when I tell you that had KC not QB'd this team last year we would have been 4 and 12. Think about that and then ask yourself,, do I really want that 2nd pic after all.

I was with you until the last line, first there's just no way to tell if they would have been 4-12 without him. Wouldn't that depend on who was there instead? For all we know they may have finished with a better record than they did. Good post otherwise though. :thumb:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You either produce or you pack your shit and leave, that's the message that I got from Scott regarding those moves. There's still time for the batting average to go way up with current players that he's gotten. 500 is one hell of a step up from Vinny and to a lesser degree Bruce.

We don't have a lot of leverage I'll give you that, but what we do have is a hot commodity. To repeat...
because we cannot come to terms with him does not make him any less hot as a commodity right? Bottom line, teams want him now, we have him now, to get him you pay the price that we want or don't, their choice!

Were you in a Coma, or Simply high the last time we had a player under the franchise tag that Dan Snyder didnt want to pay who also didnt want to be here. Remind me again what we did with those two first rounders we got for Champ Bailey??

And yea yea, I know this is a QB which some how makes it different....

Reality check.. cousins is only a commodity to a point. Come draft day he becomes a liability. Because if he doesnt sign with another team, we either pay him for the year, or remove the tag and get nothing for him.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how does anyone think that sending a 17th pick overall and giving them a young PB qb is a good idea ?

Maybe they wanna trade for the QB that's 19-21-1 reg season and 0-1 postseason.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was with you until the last line, first there's just no way to tell if they would have been 4-12 without him. Wouldn't that depend on who was there instead? For all we know they may have finished with a better record than they did. Good post otherwise though. :thumb:

Well, there's also the fact that he's talking about shit that happened what? 3, 4, 5 years ago, but yeah, aside from that.........good post otherwise.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you in a Coma, or Simply high the last time we had a player under the franchise tag that Dan Snyder didnt want to pay who also didnt want to be here. Remind me again what we did with those two first rounders we got for Champ Bailey??

And yea yea, I know this is a QB which some how makes it different....

Reality check.. cousins is only a commodity to a point. Come draft day he becomes a liability. Because if he doesnt sign with another team, we either pay him for the year, or remove the tag and get nothing for him.

Turns out, I was not in a coma,(I purposely left out the high part) but you appear to be determined to conflate the 2004 - 2012 eras with this one. This organization, throughout the years has been a bane to our collective psyche, I get that, but we all have to deal with it at the time and move on. There's an old adage that goes: "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." (and its' many paraphrases and variants.)

Reality check.....he's still a commodity right now and like all tradeable commodities you maximize the return at peak levels. I can not imagine any team going into the draft, without first settling as many other spots as possible. Now we could very well be one of them, but that would mean a reversion back to Bruce and Dan.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the market period!! If anyone wants Kirk and I'm GM, that's where we start!! I don't buy that other argument where we don't want him so others won't meet the going price. The counter to that is if we don't want him why should they? Ya feel me? Kirk is a hot commodity right now, because we cannot come to terms with him does not make him any less hot as a commodity right?

I can see where a team balks at not wanting to give up either the 2017 1st or 2018 1st, but they either give up one of them and other considerations or both of them, That's the deal and none of that 2nd or 3rd bullshit either unless they were included in the bottom line package that I've just mentioned.

Hey you can take me out your crosshair, I'm just the messenger, lol. I didn't know the non-exclusive tag could be negociated. learning new stuff all the time, I did say some time back that if a unproven rookie could get two 1st rounders, i think Cousins "could" too. Obviously I want Cousins back, but if he's getting traded, you'd expect to have two 1st rounders in 2017 and 2018 to make up for the massive loss. Or -- For those that don't feel he's a big loss -- the advantage you would be giving to another NFC team standing in your way to the superbowl.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey you can take me out your crosshair, I'm just the messenger, lol. I didn't know the non-exclusive tag could be negociated. learning new stuff all the time, I did say some time back that if a unproven rookie could get two 1st rounders, i think Cousins "could" too. Obviously I want Cousins back, but if he's getting traded, you'd expect to have two 1st rounders in 2017 and 2018 to make up for the massive loss. Or -- For those that don't feel he's a big loss -- the advantage you would be giving to another NFC team standing in your way to the superbowl.

Here is a new nugget for you.

Say the Niners are willing to give up two first rounders, but dont want to give up the #2 over all pick this year. All they need do is hold off on signing Cousins to an offer sheet until after the draft.

At which point the niners would basically be agreeing to give the Skins their 1st rounders in 2018 and 2019.

Now this would require Cousins to agree to not sign until after the draft, and also agree he wont sign an offer with Washington. BUt something tells me the Niners could make it worth his while.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a new nugget for you.

Say the Niners are willing to give up two first rounders, but dont want to give up the #2 over all pick this year. All they need do is hold off on signing Cousins to an offer sheet until after the draft.

At which point the niners would basically be agreeing to give the Skins their 1st rounders in 2018 and 2019.

Now this would require Cousins to agree to not sign until after the draft, and also agree he wont sign an offer with Washington. BUt something tells me the Niners could make it worth his while.

Do we think that Cousins or his agent hate the organization? Can someone explain to me why Cousins would rather play for San Fran than the Skins? San Fran is an unmitigated disaster and a laughing stock of the NFL. I guess I am missing something here. Is it really about money then?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone hear Shanahan say Cousins is the best of the good QBs which start after 7 better than good QBs. Looks to me like he isn't wanting anyone to give up two No. 1's.