• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did you guys hear this?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah "would not be shocked at all" if the Redskins and 49ers agree to a trade involving Kirk Cousins at the Combine.

Jeremiah isn't a typical Rotoworld source on the NFL side, but with draft season upon us, he definitely has an ear to the ground and talks with numerous personnel people around the league. He believes there's a "better than 50 percent" chance that Cousins isn't with the Redskins in 2017, and a deal involving Cousins going to San Francisco, possibly along with the Redskins' No. 17 overall pick, in exchange for the 49ers' No. 2 overall pick is in the cards. Furthermore, Jeremiah reports the Redskins' front office still isn't sold on committing to Cousins long-term. Washington seems intent on bungling this offense that at times over the past two seasons looked like it could be one of the best in the league. Cousins would be a massive get for the rebuilding Niners.
Related: 49ers

Source: 1090 San Diego
Feb 22 - 12:11 PM

We cant even get a first round pick for KC? What? Only a swap? While Grap is going to get a 1st rounder? This is crazy.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah "would not be shocked at all" if the Redskins and 49ers agree to a trade involving Kirk Cousins at the Combine.

Jeremiah isn't a typical Rotoworld source on the NFL side, but with draft season upon us, he definitely has an ear to the ground and talks with numerous personnel people around the league. He believes there's a "better than 50 percent" chance that Cousins isn't with the Redskins in 2017, and a deal involving Cousins going to San Francisco, possibly along with the Redskins' No. 17 overall pick, in exchange for the 49ers' No. 2 overall pick is in the cards. Furthermore, Jeremiah reports the Redskins' front office still isn't sold on committing to Cousins long-term. Washington seems intent on bungling this offense that at times over the past two seasons looked like it could be one of the best in the league. Cousins would be a massive get for the rebuilding Niners.

We cant even get a first round pick for KC? What? Only a swap? While Grap is going to get a 1st rounder? This is crazy.

You want him gone, you got to take what you can get. I figured you would be thrilled that we could some how manage to get the #2 pick for a QB we dont want, even if it meant simply swapping spots with the Niners. After all, it would mean we didnt over pay Kirk right??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want him gone, you got to take what you can get. I figured you would be thrilled that we could some how manage to get the #2 pick for a QB we dont want, even if it meant simply swapping spots with the Niners. After all, it would mean we didnt over pay Kirk right??

If we can keep #17 I would do it. I come to terms to the fact that we wont get 2 firsts. But cmon, not gaining any extra picks in this deal sounds far fetched. I assume Kyle will still do this deal if we can keep #17. He wont nix the deal b/c of that.

Cmon Skins stay strong!!!!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can keep #17 I would do it. I come to terms to the fact that we wont get 2 firsts. But cmon, not gaining any extra picks in this deal sounds far fetched. I assume Kyle will still do this deal if we can keep #17. He wont nix the deal b/c of that.

Cmon Skins stay strong!!!!

Two days ago you were 100% sure we would get not only the #2, but a first rounder in 2018.

Now you would be ok if we simply got the #2 pick in the draft.

Come Friday are you going to be ok if it costs us the #17 and Kirk for the #2. Or worse, if it costs us Kirk for the #33.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would argue moving from #17 to #2 is worth more than just a first round pick but yes its almost like what everyone else was saying was right and we cant just whatever we want from SF for him.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just man up & admit that you don't like Cousins. Next thing we know you are going to start a thread titled something like "I just overheard some guys in a bar saying that Cousins is definitely getting traded to the 49ers for a future pick". Do you have a monitor on your PC to report all news related to Cousins' rumors?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just man up & admit that you don't like Cousins. Next thing we know you are going to start a thread titled something like "I just overheard some guys in a bar saying that Cousins is definitely getting traded to the 49ers for a future pick". Do you have a monitor on your PC to report all news related to Cousins' rumors?

Whats going to be real funny in a sad way is this..

If this deal goes down, Washington becomes the top candidate to draft Watson or Kizer, and the spin factor on how these guys are automatically better QBs than Cousins.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If this deal goes down, Washington becomes the top candidate to draft Watson or Kizer, and the spin factor on how these guys are automatically better QBs than Cousins.

I sure hope not. That could evolve into a situation where the team is once again rebuilding & the results are less than favorable. Next comes the inevitable firing of the coach and the GM being put on notice. Do folks really believe that Snyder is going to patiently wait through a 2-3 rebuild unless the results are immediate?

I am not stating that things would unfold in this manner but it is very possible.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope not. That could evolve into a situation where the team is once again rebuilding & the results are less than favorable. Next comes the inevitable firing of the coach and the GM being put on notice. Do folks really believe that Snyder is going to patiently wait through a 2-3 rebuild unless the results are immediate?

I am not stating that things would unfold in this manner but it is very possible.

Couple of things you have to figure into this whole mess.

1. Gruden was hired on the premise that he could fix our broken QB. Not the position mind you but the player. He failed, so he was already on the hot seat.

2. SMGM was brought in to assist the Coach in fixing the broken QB and to an extent the broken team. He is batting .500 on the reasons he was brought in.

3. I honestly believe that if we finished a boring 10-6 and and lost in the first round of the playoffs, Dan would be much more pleased with an exciting 9-7 with his face of the franchise being considered a possible elite.

Lastly, if Dan were on board with Kirk as the face of the franchise, this deal would have been done now. He would have told them pay Kirk what ever it takes to make him happy to be here. I think DAN is the person not willing to do what it takes to keep Kirk more so than the coach or the GM.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things you have to figure into this whole mess.

1. Gruden was hired on the premise that he could fix our broken QB. Not the position mind you but the player. He failed, so he was already on the hot seat.

2. SMGM was brought in to assist the Coach in fixing the broken QB and to an extent the broken team. He is batting .500 on the reasons he was brought in.

3. I honestly believe that if we finished a boring 10-6 and and lost in the first round of the playoffs, Dan would be much more pleased with an exciting 9-7 with his face of the franchise being considered a possible elite.

Lastly, if Dan were on board with Kirk as the face of the franchise, this deal would have been done now. He would have told them pay Kirk what ever it takes to make him happy to be here. I think DAN is the person not willing to do what it takes to keep Kirk more so than the coach or the GM.

Respectfully disagree. No way that Allen makes all of those positive statements about Cousins if he knows that Snyder really doesn't want to keep the guy. I think that they want to retain him but want to be sure that they don't overpay him. I really have to believe that the biggest naysayer on the Skins side is SM (but even he may really be on Cousins side for the most part).

People are just too impatient on this one. Again - folks need to stop paying so much attn. to rumors many of which have no basis & are pulled out of thin air. Just let this play out & don't just assume that this has to be settled by next week.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two days ago you were 100% sure we would get not only the #2, but a first rounder in 2018.

Now you would be ok if we simply got the #2 pick in the draft.

Come Friday are you going to be ok if it costs us the #17 and Kirk for the #2. Or worse, if it costs us Kirk for the #33.

If these rumors are true is just shows that KC contact demands are between 80-90mg. The team feels that he is not worth that, so they are moving on. That is fine but I just feel we should be able to keep the #17 pick. ehb2 has a good point b/c to move up 15 spots in the draft counts has 1650 points which equates to the 5 or 6 pick overall.

I just cant see Kyle walking away from this deal if the #17 pick is not included. He has a chance to get his guy and the #17 overall pick should not hold him back. Maybe the Bears to get into the fold and we would be able to keep the #17 overall pick.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way the Skins draft a QB at #2 over Allen. If this happens I would really be upset.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they let him get away, I've totally lost all hope in this organization. One player shouldn't make a team, but we've been looking for a QB for so long and now we have one that they may let go. I hate to say it but it may be time to find another team all though that's just about impossible for me, it's such a let down though. Now if someone wants to give us their whole draft or something stupid like that I could understand. Maybe he isn't as good as I think and the team will be better off but I'll not have very much patience. They need to prove it quickly

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way the Skins draft a QB at #2 over Allen. If this happens I would really be upset.

Yea but you'll be really upset if they sign Cousins long term. SO thats not saying a whole lot.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but you'll be really upset if they sign Cousins long term. SO thats not saying a whole lot.

No I would be upset if they game KC 80-90mg b/c I don't think he is worth it. If we cant get the #2 and keep #17 I would be happy.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ScotMac made it very clear "when he was allowed to speak" that 1 player will not be the demise of his roster taking up ample cap room for a good and still developing QB. I also believe "you like that" and "how you like me now", were directed at SM because of the unwillingness to sign KC last off season after a good 8 game run. Allen on the other hand as SoCal mentions above has been a political advocate for KC and likely for negotiating ploy in this unknown time of speculation. And if anyone thinks the Skins will agree to a swap from #17 to #2 only are delusional. The starting point is 2 first rounders so if a KC trade truly gains any traction, the very least compensation will look something like SF's #2, a 2nd rounder this year and possibly a 5th next year instead of two #1's. I would suggest resigning KC to a Luck type of deal, let Garcon & Jackson go (both on wrong side of 30) as the two will likely exceed $18-$20M per year in cap space (not ideal) and sign Pryor to play opposite of Doctson along with Crowder, Reed, Davis & a speedy draft pick along with a competent starting RB. This offense will continue to fire on all cylinders with a group assembled like this one.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they let him get away, I've totally lost all hope in this organization. One player shouldn't make a team, but we've been looking for a QB for so long and now we have one that they may let go. I hate to say it but it may be time to find another team all though that's just about impossible for me, it's such a let down though. Now if someone wants to give us their whole draft or something stupid like that I could understand. Maybe he isn't as good as I think and the team will be better off but I'll not have very much patience. They need to prove it quickly

KC is not being realistic is his contract demands That is why they would be entertaining trade offers. Kc is all about the money b/c if he wasn't how would realize that his best chance to win is here.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC is not being realistic is his contract demands That is why they would be entertaining trade offers. Kc is all about the money b/c if he wasn't how would realize that his best chance to win is here.

I guess its too bad that our best chance of improving from where we are will entail paying Kirk more than you think he is worth then.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ScotMac made it very clear "when he was allowed to speak" that 1 player will not be the demise of his roster taking up ample cap room for a good and still developing QB. I also believe "you like that" and "how you like me now", were directed at SM because of the unwillingness to sign KC last off season after a good 8 game run. Allen on the other hand as SoCal mentions above has been a political advocate for KC and likely for negotiating ploy in this unknown time of speculation. And if anyone thinks the Skins will agree to a swap from #17 to #2 only are delusional. The starting point is 2 first rounders so if a KC trade truly gains any traction, the very least compensation will look something like SF's #2, a 2nd rounder this year and possibly a 5th next year instead of two #1's. I would suggest resigning KC to a Luck type of deal, let Garcon & Jackson go (both on wrong side of 30) as the two will likely exceed $18-$20M per year in cap space (not ideal) and sign Pryor to play opposite of Doctson along with Crowder, Reed, Davis & a speedy draft pick along with a competent starting RB. This offense will continue to fire on all cylinders with a group assembled like this one.

If your trade offer is correct for KC there is no way the Skins will give KC the Luck deal and turn down that offer. I would take that offer from the 49ers in a heartbeat knowing that KC wants to be paid like Luck. Let Sf pay him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess its too bad that our best chance of improving from where we are will entail paying Kirk more than you think he is worth then.

That is your opinion. We already discussed this. the team is not doomed if KC leaves.