• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez Bryant fighting the entire Dallas sideline

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean did he lie. They got the hell beat out of them. If thats the worst thing to ever happen to him, he had a pretty good life would you think? I thought it was an awesome quote. I have heard bone headed, turnover prone, suckass, etc. but I have never heard him called selfish. That is just not the case with him

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean did he lie. They got the hell beat out of them. If thats the worst thing to ever happen to him, he had a pretty good life would you think? I thought it was an awesome quote. I have heard bone headed, turnover prone, suckass, etc. but I have never heard him called selfish. That is just not the case with him

I took it as flippant and like so what. Not very inspiring talk IMHO. But to each his own.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it inspiring to you when he played with a punctured lung? What about when he played with the broken ribs? What about when he volunteered to be the holder after the P got hurt a few yrs back. You know a guy thats gonna throw for 40k yards and 300 TDs , but his biggest memory from fans will be when he botched that snap in Seattle. Yes he was going to return to doing that thing in which made him known as a choker. A lot of words and criticisms you can give the guy, but selfish is not one of them IMO

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it inspiring to you when he played with a punctured lung? What about when he played with the broken ribs? What about when he volunteered to be the holder after the P got hurt a few yrs back. You know a guy thats gonna throw for 40k yards and 300 TDs , but his biggest memory from fans will be when he botched that snap in Seattle. Yes he was going to return to doing that thing in which made him known as a choker. A lot of words and criticisms you can give the guy, but selfish is not one of them IMO

I'm not sure why you keep using the word selfish like some kind of mantra. I haven't used that word once. I'm talking about a quote that I personally consider to be much worse than " we're good on that", "we're the best in the nfl on that". But again, to each his own. I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was called selfish earlier. Just proving he is not

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone read Whitlocks article on Dez???

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about a quote that I personally consider to be much worse than " we're good on that", "we're the best in the nfl on that". But again, to each his own. I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

I always thought that quote from Romo was a pretty poor choice of words. He came off like he was already over the loss. But, IMO it was a defense mechanism that kicked in and it just kind of came out. I think these losses stick with Romo longer than they do any of the other guys. Perhaps it's because he always seems to be in hte middle of what went wrong, but I do find it hard to believe there are more than a handful of players that take these losses harder. Yelling and screaming doesn't mean you care more. Garrett was pretty composed and I'm sure this loss was ripping him apart on the inside.

But, I will say that if Romo was shouting his quote with 15 seconds left in the game we were still winning on the sideline while on National TV and yelling it in all of his teammates faces and not watching the game unfold to even see if we win or lose the game, it would have lowered my opinion of him greatly. Agree?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do you people try to compare Dez`s temper tantrum to manning`s and Brady`s?
Manning and Brady have earned respect from every player,coach,owners fans and whoever else is involved with the NFL.....dez has not earned ahy type pf respect anywhere to warrant Dez yelling at anyone...

and Cutler is in dez`s shoes.............I`m a huge bear fan and can not stand diva cutler myself.

You can't compare them IMO. Brady was pissed because people weren't in the right position and didn't know what to do. The first baby fit Dez threw came when we were up 10. He was pissed because HE wasn't getting the ball. There's a big difference

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask your self this question: Did that look a good time for Dez to interrupt 4 or 5 other players and coaches who working on a game plan? Coming in on 1 knee into that conversation wasn't an option?

It was not his words but the manner in which acted. Think about how it looks and now it's a distraction for the rest of the week as well.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought that quote from Romo was a pretty poor choice of words. He came off like he was already over the loss. But, IMO it was a defense mechanism that kicked in and it just kind of came out. I think these losses stick with Romo longer than they do any of the other guys. Perhaps it's because he always seems to be in hte middle of what went wrong, but I do find it hard to believe there are more than a handful of players that take these losses harder. Yelling and screaming doesn't mean you care more. Garrett was pretty composed and I'm sure this loss was ripping him apart on the inside.

But, I will say that if Romo was shouting his quote with 15 seconds left in the game we were still winning on the sideline while on National TV and yelling it in all of his teammates faces and not watching the game unfold to even see if we win or lose the game, it would have lowered my opinion of him greatly. Agree?

Perhaps.

But as Jason Witten stated, he does this all the time "blows up on the sidelines". His own words. My only real contention is that it happens all the time, and its either not caught on camera, or taped, and noone on the team gives it a second thought. They arent called babies, or temper tarntrem types. Its a part of a football sideline. Im not sure why Dez is getting such heat for something that happens all during every game. Was it the best use of energy? Probably not, but youths is fiery(Tom Hanks shout-out)

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask your self this question: Did that look a good time for Dez to interrupt 4 or 5 other players and coaches who working on a game plan? Coming in on 1 knee into that conversation wasn't an option?

It was not his words but the manner in which acted. Think about how it looks and now it's a distraction for the rest of the week as well.

If something that happens every game on every team is a week long distraction for the Cowboys, then Jason Garret is absolutely not the guy for the job. You really think that anyone on the team is more concerned about that then how crappy they looked(offense and defense) in the last two minutes of the game?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps.

But as Jason Witten stated, he does this all the time "blows up on the sidelines". His own words. My only real contention is that it happens all the time, and its either not caught on camera, or taped, and noone on the team gives it a second thought. They arent called babies, or temper tarntrem types. Its a part of a football sideline. Im not sure why Dez is getting such heat for something that happens all during every game. Was it the best use of energy? Probably not, but youths is fiery(Tom Hanks shout-out)

It happens all the time and you think that makes it OK, while I think that makes it worse. Kind of throws out the argument about him being frustrated over losing a game they should have won.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It happens all the time and you think that makes it OK, while I think that makes it worse. Kind of throws out the argument about him being frustrated over losing a game they should have won.

I didnt say anything about it being ok(though Ive said I dont think its a big deal). My point is that there appears to be a double standard here, since we are discussing something that is apparently very commonplace.

Last edited by a moderator:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at this point I'm mostly hoping there is something else to discuss. Maybe Sunday will come quickly and we can get back to talking Football or discussing our latest debilitating injury!!!