• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the HELL did I NOT get invited to the 10 page party writings of mostly nothing. almost as bad but not quite as my ramblings with Vice the other day. shameful

Show up once a week and it gets worse. Been reading for a hour.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Machado couldn't hit at any point... He is a career .240 hitter in the minors... He at no point has ever been regarded as being able to hit or having a future as a average MLB hitter... There is a HUGE difference between players with skills sets that take time to develop a players with no skill set what so ever. Machado is going to be lucky to hit .220 for his career in the MLB. His bat is hot garbage. Castellanos has a plus skill that can't be taught... he is a natural hitter. Moya has a skill you can't teach.. power.... You hope he can at least hit enough to make him able to stick in a lineup... Machado has a skill that is much easier to find.. defense... you can't be an every day starter at SS if you grade out as a below average hitter... You have to hit at least league average. Moya is much like Machado.. neither is EVER going to hit for average... Guys don't come out of the minors as a 23 year old with a career BA in the minors of .240... and hit for average in the MLB. It doesn't happen.

Last edited:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong.. I like Machado.. I hope I am proven wrong... but reality is reality.. he isn't going to hit at the major league level enough to stick. I will be the first to admit I am wrong if he bats .275 in 500 ab... but I doubt I have to worry about that.

The Tigers farm system is so depleted that a guy like Machado gets sold to fans as an option... but trust me.. Avila isn't planning on Machado getting 500 ab. Good farm systems have legit MLB talent at every position.. not one or two... The Tigers have no sure fire MLB players in the minors at any position outside of pitcher. Their position player talent pool is so god awful its laughable. The position players the Tigers have in their top 30 prospects outside of Moya and Hill, and Stewart have about as much of a shot at being full time MLB players as I do of becoming president in 2016.

Last edited:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moya has a skill you can't teach.. power.... You hope he can at least hit enough to make him able to stick in a lineup.

so, he's Dave Kingman-esque in hitting but Adam Dunn-esque for the swing-and-a-miss

sweet.... can't wait to see that

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, he's Dave Kingman-esque in hitting but Adam Dunn-esque for the swing-and-a-miss

Which is why its embarrassing he is the best position prospect we have. Granted he was a kid that they signed for about 100,000 and cost nothing in the grand scheme of things.. so its a nice story if he makes it in the MLB.. unlike many teams top prospects that cost them millions upon millions.. but in the end of the day.. Moya has 2 things going for him... He is above average as a defender because of a cannon for an arm and decent range... and POWER... Machado doesn't have 2 things going for him.. He has one... he can play defense... that is why Moya has a much higher possibility of actually being useful....

I will say this.. Moya cost 100,000... is a better defender at his position... has comparable power... and has hit for better average with about the same k% as Joey Gallo.. and people still think Joey Gallo has a bright future... Gallo cost $2.5 mil...

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers talking about trading Andre Ethier. Instead of going into some fantasy Ethier for Iglesias for Puig for Castellanos bit...how about this:

Ethier is owed $38mil over the next 2 years (and a buyout of a 3rd). How about Detroit sending LA something small like Moya or Collins and taking Ethier if Dodgers pick up around $8-10mil of what Ethier is owed. Dodgers want to free up some cash to sign a pitcher and Moya or Collins can fill a hole at AAA or at the MLB level if Puig ends up in trouble with the cops.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steven Moya....LOL. Team's #2 prospect - hit .243 at AAA (175 Ks in 135 games) and .182 in the bigs. Thank you Dombrowski. He has to be looking at Moya and chuckling to himself.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prolly see that with Moya. He likes to swing and miss. Kid has power, I give him that, but sure does miss his fair share.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frazier is now a White Sox player Blue... Just informing you.

:gaah:

but there's still a chance the gun shooting dude is available, right ?

Mike Leake is willing to give a hometown discount to the D'backs.... I guess I can cross him off my wish list.

wait Leake sucked against the AL. I got a breakdown of MikeD #'s from Don.

so there's no way Leake could have had a reversal. Well, he's after the age of 27 so that was already set in stone that he couldn't EVER do well as an AL SP.

Last edited:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prolly see that with Moya. He likes to swing and miss. Kid has power, I give him that, but sure does miss his fair share.

Don thinks Moya could become really good. I have no other choice than to believe that.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prolly see that with Moya. He likes to swing and miss

sure. The batting average of Kingman combined with the KO's of Dunn. (not Dunn's HR prowess, imo)

I'm stoked to witness that.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hiw do you feel about his size while being in the OF?

closet guy I could relate to would have been the Dave's.... Kingman and Parker.. don't think they were 6' 7" but maybe close.... I'll wait for Crockett and Tubbs to answer then I'll know it's right. cuz it's always right.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like we're almost talking about Nicky C. but we weren't or were we

No, but we can. Already read through a bunch aboot Nicky. I realize he came up young and had to develop while being in the bigs. I'd love for Nicky to prove me wrong, as he's running out of time with me.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
closet guy I could relate to would have been the Dave's.... Kingman and Parker.. don't think they were 6' 7" but maybe close.... I'll wait for Crockett and Tubbs to answer then I'll know it's right. cuz it's always right.

When that cat gets as baseball savvy as Adrian was, is, then I'll listen. Not holding my breath.

You make so many predictions your going to be right on some. You just don't hear about the wrongs much. I tend to skim through his posts.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers talking about trading Andre Ethier. Instead of going into some fantasy Ethier for Iglesias for Puig for Castellanos bit...how about this:

Ethier is owed $38mil over the next 2 years (and a buyout of a 3rd). How about Detroit sending LA something small like Moya or Collins and taking Ethier if Dodgers pick up around $8-10mil of what Ethier is owed. Dodgers want to free up some cash to sign a pitcher and Moya or Collins can fill a hole at AAA or at the MLB level if Puig ends up in trouble with the cops.
Why would anyone trade anything of any value for a 33 yr old that can't hit lefties anymore, plays below average defense... and is owed 38 mil over the next 2 years??? Honestly.. The Dodgers would be lucky if they got Bryan Holaday straight up for Ethier after they pay 30 mil of th 38 mil remaining...

LOL at trading for him with the dodgers only picking up 8-10 mil... that would mean you are paying a guy 14mil+ to play below average defense in the OF and hit .200 vs lefties... yeah iffy wouldn't be all over that if it happened.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steven Moya....LOL. Team's #2 prospect - hit .243 at AAA (175 Ks in 135 games) and .182 in the bigs. Thank you Dombrowski. He has to be looking at Moya and chuckling to himself.
He also was third in the league in HR... in about 20 less games than the guy that led the league...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its rare that a player that hits a lot of HR doesn't swing and miss a ton. Miggy is a once in 50 years type...