• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moya is actually an above average defender in either corner outfield spot with a cannon arm... Gallo is pure shit as a defender where ever they put him.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bums... You do realize that the Royals top 4 position player prospects right now have minor league strikeout to walk rates that are just as puke inducing as Moya's right?

Mondesi, Starling, Bonifacio, and Vallot are all K machines that don't take walks... You should worry more about what is going to happen when Moustakas, Hosmer, and Cain are priced out of KC and they have nothing even close to decent in the minors to replace them.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bums... You do realize that the Royals top 4 position player prospects right now have minor league strikeout to walk rates that are just as puke inducing as Moya's right?

Mondesi, Starling, Bonifacio, and Vallot are all K machines that don't take walks... You should worry more about what is going to happen when Moustakas, Hosmer, and Cain are priced out of KC and they have nothing even close to decent in the minors to replace them.

I agree, I don't think Mondesi, Starling and Boni (haven't seen Vallots) will make it in the majors either, their ratios are bad and still don't come close to compete with Moya's though, his REALLY suck, not going to try to convince anyone they will like you are with Moya.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mondesi k/bb rate is 5.2... Moya was about 6.. .so yeah.. they are not to far off. Honestly.. none of them are good. If any of them actually have mlb careers I would be surprised... I am not trying to convince anyone about Moya... he has crazy power.. and plays above average defense.. I have been VERY open about the fact I don't think he will stick around.. but if he can play decent defense he will have a longer leash than a guy like Gallo that sucks as a defender...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cause you argue with everyone about anything.
Hey Bums,

wha'd'you think bout the Tigers bringing in Mike Aviles?

I think it is was to force me into appreciating Nick Castellanos. Or to make Ian Kinsler seem like he takes walks. Or.... I have no idea why Big Al signed him. Would have liked it 6-7 years ago. Seems pointless heading into 2016.

Very disappointing off season on the whole. In my opinion.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Machado's minor league OBP is higher than Iggys.

Who also has little to offer offensively going forward.

(Double dipped, to keep Vice busy.)

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mondesi k/bb rate is 5.2... Moya was about 6.. .so yeah.. they are not to far off. Honestly.. none of them are good. If any of them actually have mlb careers I would be surprised... I am not trying to convince anyone about Moya... he has crazy power.. and plays above average defense.. I have been VERY open about the fact I don't think he will stick around.. but if he can play decent defense he will have a longer leash than a guy like Gallo that sucks as a defender...

DAMN Vice stop with the made up stats, your are right about one thing, none of them are good but Moya's is way ahead of the others.

Mondesi - 4.19 k/bb rate or 94 walks and 407 k's, that's EVERY at bat the guy has ever had, so it might be cherry picking according you.

he never even had 1 season above about 4.5, how you come up with 5.2 is mind blowing

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Bums,

wha'd'you think bout the Tigers bringing in Mike Aviles?

I think it is was to force me into appreciating Nick Castellanos. Or to make Ian Kinsler seem like he takes walks. Or.... I have no idea why Big Al signed him. Would have liked it 6-7 years ago. Seems pointless heading into 2016.

Very disappointing off season on the whole. In my opinion.

Aviles is a great insurance for the hot dog injury prone SS, the weak bat and defender at 3b and a back up for Kinsler. He is a solid all around utility guy.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aviles is a great insurance for the hot dog injury prone SS, the weak bat and defender at 3b and a back up for Kinsler. He is a solid all around utility guy.
This puts Vice in a tough spot.

If I were a betting man, I'd put money on he sides with you.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This puts Vice in a tough spot.

If I were a betting man, I'd put money on he sides with you.

your a fool, vice would side against me if I told him water was good for him

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or at least make up some "stats" of something in the water that's bad for him

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk man....

Me not liking the Aviles signing much has to count for something. (I like how he wiggles his bat. It's fun.)

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAMN Vice stop with the made up stats, your are right about one thing, none of them are good but Moya's is way ahead of the others.

Mondesi - 4.19 k/bb rate or 94 walks and 407 k's, that's EVERY at bat the guy has ever had, so it might be cherry picking according you.

he never even had 1 season above about 4.5, how you come up with 5.2 is mind blowing
LOL Made up stats.... Mondesi's K/BB rate in 2015 in AA was 5.2... 88 k /17 walks... In 2014 his k/bb was 5.08....122/24.... so... yeah.... who has the made up stats... Do you even look?

LOL his mind is going to blown I guess.. when he actually looks up the stats and sees I am right.. can't wait to see his excuse.... oh please bums... please show me how I made up these stats that are provided on both milb.com and baseball-reference.com.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have Machado at SS than Aviles... His defensive numbers in the infield are disgusting the last few seasons.... At least Machado has range.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't give yourself so much credit bums... I could care less about you.. You are a clown. You care WAY MORE about me than I do about you. Is your mind blown still from the actual Mondesi stats? LOL

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk man....

Me not liking the Aviles signing much has to count for something. (I like how he wiggles his bat. It's fun.)
Aviles signing is pointless.. He is probably good in the clubhouse... but thats about it. The only place he plays decent defense at this point is the OF.. and he isn't going to get a ton of at bats there... I wouldn't be surprised if he is cut in spring training and doesn't even make the team. DFA'ing Lobstein was interesting..

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aviles signing is pointless.. He is probably good in the clubhouse... but thats about it. The only place he plays decent defense at this point is the OF.. and he isn't going to get a ton of at bats there... I wouldn't be surprised if he is cut in spring training and doesn't even make the team. DFA'ing Lobstein was interesting..
Really doesn't make sense on Lobstein to me.

Aviles seems like a good dude from the few times I've listened to him. But he's no Don Kelly....

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Made up stats.... Mondesi's K/BB rate in 2015 in AA was 5.2... 88 k /17 walks... In 2014 his k/bb was 5.08....122/24.... so... yeah.... who has the made up stats... Do you even look?

LOL his mind is going to blown I guess.. when he actually looks up the stats and sees I am right.. can't wait to see his excuse.... oh please bums... please show me how I made up these stats that are provided on both milb.com and baseball-reference.com.

I guess I was wrong on the last statement of single seasons, my bad. I used CAREER stats. So you used 1 season again, I see the pattern now, you cherry pick to prove your points.

Guess I should have used Moya's worst season of 10.58 or his season of 7 compared to Mondosi's 5.2, my bad.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really doesn't make sense on Lobstein to me.

Aviles seems like a good dude from the few times I've listened to him. But he's no Don Kelly....
There were other guys that could have been DFA'ed... not sure why they chose Lobstein.. He has 2 options left.. so he could have been put in the minors the next 2 years if they wanted.