• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deng to be traded again?

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deng for two time nba champion Shane battier

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a mess in Cleveland from top to bottom, at least the Lakers problems have been mainly do to injuries & we are in a competitive Western Conference. The whole East is a Joke!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that move TLF!

The Lakers will be looking at Deng as a free agent this summer and this would solve two problems with one trade and the Lakers would drop 5 million off of their salary and put them within the same range if they had done the Suns trade

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe but they wouldnt last more than 1 series 2 tops. No dependable inside scoring.

So the exact same as they are now. I love the Warriors but they are vastly underachieving but at this stage in the game injuries regardless it means they have not gelled and are very inconsistent at best.

Look at the teams most likely they play in round 1 and 2 and I do not see a whole lot wins in a playoff series, let alone 2.

OKC, SA (their best shot at a series win), POR (...ok tied as their best shot, I am still taking the villain), LAC and HOU.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know even though it would make us better on defense but we need more offense than we do need defense

I feel like it will take more O to get through the West but if you have to play IND or MIA you will need that D like Jenna Jameson.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is someone out there willing to pay more for him than the Lakers, I don't think the Lakers should go after him. Why trade for a potential rental at the tradeline? It isn't like we are contenders this year. Unless trading Gasol for him gets us under the cap then I don't see the point.

Because it comes with in 3.0 million to being under the luxary tax which means one more small trade and the Lakers will not only avoid the repeater tax for being over the cap, but reset it for the next three years or so and Luol Deng is a target for the Lakers in the summer, any way, so why not bring him on board and see if he can change things around.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it comes with in 3.0 million to being under the luxary tax which means one more small trade and the Lakers will not only avoid the repeater tax for being over the cap, but reset it for the next three years or so and Luol Deng is a target for the Lakers in the summer, any way, so why not bring him on board and see if he can change things around.

I agree the key is will the Lakers finally move Gasol or do they still want to keep him & sign him for cheap next season ? wich is irrelevant IMO, he needs a change of scene & I don't see him making us a contender again especially in Dumbtoni's system.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the key is will the Lakers finally move Gasol or do they still want to keep him & sign him for cheap next season ? wich is irrelevant IMO, he needs a change of scene & I don't see him making us a contender again especially in Dumbtoni's system.

Honestly at this point I think if you're the Lakers, I would take a good first round draft pick for Gasol, but forget that bum the Suns were trying to dump on us - Gasol is the only one that we can dump to go under the cap. Make the most of it and get it done

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TLF nobody is giving a 1st round pick for Gasol, unless they are dumb like cleveland...but is Cleveland that dumb?

@Repeater tax, you guys are under it next year even with Kobe's contract, you guys can't sign a butterfly at Center but if desired you are out of the tax.

@Deng changing things around...LOL no. He is a huge step in the right direction but honestly, this year just hope to get a good lottery pick. You really think Gasol, Deng and Sessions are going to get you out of the West? And if you aren't coming out of the West then get a good draft pick.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deng would be the best perimeter defender instantly, filling the void left by Ron Artest. If we can trade for him and get under the cap while retaining him at a reasonable salary for next year then I'm on board but I don't really see it happening. Cleveland should have just traded for Gasol when they had the chance, it was the best deal available for them. Gasol/Irving pick and rolls would be a lot better than what they got right now.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Cavaliers will be allowed to trade Deng - Isn't there a minimum of 60 days before they can trade him again?

Cavs are stuck with that one

no minimum time, just cannot be a package deal. It will be interesting to see what someone else gets for deng, bulls got basically nothing.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TLF nobody is giving a 1st round pick for Gasol, unless they are dumb like cleveland...but is Cleveland that dumb?

@Repeater tax, you guys are under it next year even with Kobe's contract, you guys can't sign a butterfly at Center but if desired you are out of the tax.

@Deng changing things around...LOL no. He is a huge step in the right direction but honestly, this year just hope to get a good lottery pick. You really think Gasol, Deng and Sessions are going to get you out of the West? And if you aren't coming out of the West then get a good draft pick.

I disagree, I think a few teams still will want Gasol enough to give up a first round draft pick.

The Lakers can easily fly under the luxary tax next season and avoid the repeater tax - all they have to do is to arrange the structure of the payroll each season correctly

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, I think a few teams still will want Gasol enough to give up a first round draft pick.

You might have a point, but only if a team knows he will re-sign with them next season, wich is why teams are hesitant to give up a 1st round pick for him.

elmouse03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm. I wonder if there is a playoff team that will make a move for him to see if they can be legit contenders.

Maybe a team like the Warriors if they have the pieces and stuff. Move Barnes off the bench and start Deng who is very good in an open court game.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm. I wonder if there is a playoff team that will make a move for him to see if they can be legit contenders.

Maybe a team like the Warriors if they have the pieces and stuff. Move Barnes off the bench and start Deng who is very good in an open court game.

Possibly - quite honestly though I think the Lakers were asking too much and asking for the wrong combination with the Suns - I would not do any trade that doesn't take the Lakers below the luxary tax, so that the repeater tax rule gets reset and gives them a clean slate short of Nash and Kobe's horrible contracts