• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defensive line units ranked by Fox Sports

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Browns fan I gotta serious question for you. What the hell is a successful QB? And w/ that dumbfuck owner Jimmy Haslam I wouldn't be surprised that if by week 5 he offers Johnny Football his old job back. Word in Cleveland is most expect RG III to get injured tying his shoes by week 4.

that is the other thing. It is not quite defined. RG3 was once a successful QB, so was Bradford. Now neither are considered successful. Rg3 hasnt been the same sicne his injuries, though attitude seems to be a large portion of his demise. Hopefully for your sake, that has changed.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Big 12 is a lot worse defensively these days. I mean, when stars like Todd Reesing, Zac Robinson, Nick Florence and Seth Doege are tearing your conference up, how hard can it be?

Definitely. its not like when Juice Williams, Mike Kafka, Joey Elliott, and Nathan Steelehaase were ripping up the Big 10

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure you understand efficiency. these are raw numbers.
Arkansas averaged 33.67 pts per game. 32nd in the nation
OU averaged 43.54 pts per game. 4th in the nation
Arkansas averaged 3.04 pts per drive 9th in the nation
OU averageed 3.09 pts per drive 8th in the nation

In terms of efficiency OU and Arkansas were very similar. Both offense scored a touch over 3 pts per possession. The difference is in the pace of how they score. Give either team 10 possessions and you would expect roughly 30-31 pts
And I'm still not seeing how this makes Arkansas the best offense in the nation.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is the other thing. It is not quite defined. RG3 was once a successful QB, so was Bradford. Now neither are considered successful. Rg3 hasnt been the same sicne his injuries, though attitude seems to be a large portion of his demise. Hopefully for your sake, that has changed.
RG3 had a great rookie year. Bradford has never had a great season. I sincerely have no idea how some people still think he's a good QB, or that he's ever been a good QB.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh huh.

So, can you actually explain what makes Arkansas supposedly "good" or "efficient"? Do you actually understand what's happening or are you just blindly following like you do with that moron who thinks a 6-loss team is top 10 in the nation?

Sure I can. I mean it won't be good enough for you though because anything that paints the B1G in a bad light you deem skeptical or moronish. I guess Ohio State wasn't any good on offense last year too? I'm trying to figure it out.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't have alotta faith in the Browns or RG III. All I can do is hope that Jackson is the right HC to finally turn them around.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure I can. I mean it won't be good enough for you though because anything that paints the B1G in a bad light you deem skeptical or moronish. I guess Ohio State wasn't any good on offense last year too? I'm trying to figure it out.
In the scope of this conversation, you're trying to use those certain statistics to deem some offenses bad and some good. So, in your view, Arkansas was the best offense in the nation. You also routinely pump up the SEC even when there's evidence against your argument, yet right now you don't get that Arkansas' offense was awful in two OOC games, one vs. a team (Texas Tech) who had one of the worst defenses in the nation. You are good at finding obscure data to back up your points when, in reality, you cherry pick and only prop up the parts that support your argument. What else is there to get?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. its not like when Juice Williams, Mike Kafka, Joey Elliott, and Nathan Steelehaase were ripping up the Big 10
Haha, those guys have never, ever put up the type of numbers those guys I mentioned did in the Big 12. And those were only a few of the many hacks that have put up video game numbers in that conference.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the scope of this conversation, you're trying to use those certain statistics to deem some offenses bad and some good. So, in your view, Arkansas was the best offense in the nation. You also routinely pump up the SEC even when there's evidence against your argument, yet right now you don't get that Arkansas' offense was awful in two OOC games, one vs. a team (Texas Tech) who had one of the worst defenses in the nation. You are good at finding obscure data to back up your points when, in reality, you cherry pick and only prop up the parts that support your argument. What else is there to get?

lol. I cherry pick stats when you bring up 2 games, or 15% of the data? Meanwhile, I use the entire season's worth of data. Arkansas was good on offense, they were extremely efficient, one metric had them as the most efficient offense, another had them as a top 5 offense. Yes they were 27th in ppg, some of that is contributed to strength of opposition and some of that is contributed to pace of play.

Also, I've never talked about any bad offenses this entire thread. - related to efficiency.

And yes I talk good about the SEC, here's a hint because it's the best conference.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. I cherry pick stats when you bring up 2 games, or 15% of the data? Meanwhile, I use the entire season's worth of data. Arkansas was good on offense, they were extremely efficient, one metric had them as the most efficient offense, another had them as a top 5 offense. Yes they were 27th in ppg, some of that is contributed to strength of opposition and some of that is contributed to pace of play.

Also, I've never talked about any bad offenses this entire thread.

And yes I talk good about the SEC, here's a hint because it's the best conference.
I'm sorry, that's exactly what you've done in this thread. That's why you're here.

And you always cherry pick your stats. You bring up that idiot on USA Today as being some sort of proof you're right when you yourself don't even agree with a lot of his rankings. You just believe in the ones that help out your argument.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, that's exactly what you've done in this thread. That's why you're here.

And you always cherry pick your stats. You bring up that idiot on USA Today as being some sort of proof you're right when you yourself don't even agree with a lot of his rankings. You just believe in the ones that help out your argument.

Misunderstood what you said. I've never used the efficiency metric to proclaim Arkansas being good on offense and for example Michigan being bad on offense(for 2015).

i have never cherry pick anything, cherry picking is using 2 games of data to come to a conclusion. And yes I bring up Sagarin alot along with Massey and Colley. Do I agree team for team with each individual ranking, no(because that's next to impossible) but it gives a good idea of how good a team is looking beyond W/L record because two teams can finish 7-6 and not be remotely close to each other in terms of how good they are.

Also, we're steering way to off base of my original premise which was that B1G offenses aren't good, which you've done nothing to dispute that. I guess since you like ppg so much, I can definitively say the B1G had one top 25 offense last year(Indiana t24th)

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Feldman: "Michigan: Former Wolverines head coach Brady Hoke, an old D-line guy, did not leave the cupboard bare. This is a young group that blossomed last year." :pound:

They really blossomed vs OSU. :pound:
You must have missed the part about our best lineman going down the last month.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. I knew Michigan was #1 before I even opened the thread simply because you posted it.
Bullshit. You might have known Michigan was in the list but I doubt you knew how high. Must be a Bama/OU thing to think you're smart for predicting a Michigan fan would post things related to Michigan.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misunderstood what you said. I've never used the efficiency metric to proclaim Arkansas being good on offense and for example Michigan being bad on offense(for 2015).

i have never cherry pick anything, cherry picking is using 2 games of data to come to a conclusion. And yes I bring up Sagarin alot along with Massey and Colley. Do I agree team for team with each individual ranking, no(because that's next to impossible) but it gives a good idea of how good a team is looking beyond W/L record because two teams can finish 7-6 and not be remotely close to each other in terms of how good they are.

Also, we're steering way to off base of my original premise which was that B1G offenses aren't good, which you've done nothing to dispute that. I guess since you like ppg so much, I can definitively say the B1G had one top 25 offense last year(Indiana t24th)
You use the efficiency metric as the barometer for how good offenses are. You were the one that brought that ranking into this discussion.

You have also several times cherry picked stats for arguments. You use Sagarin all the time for the conference rankings, but never for the team rankings. Weird that his rankings for one are so spot on yet not worth mentioning for the other, no?

And yes, last year wasn't a great year for B1G offenses, but they're definitely on the upswing in terms of bringing in talent through recruiting. They likely will never put up the sort of gaudy scores like in the Big 12 since the defense is much better in the B1G, but they're definitely on the upswing.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So which is it? Are you an obnoxious homer or not? Because you're saying conflicting things.
Posting things about your team doesn't make one a homer. Neither does optimism about your team. Unfortunately our coaches have held us back.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. You might have known Michigan was in the list but I doubt you knew how high. Must be a Bama/OU thing to think you're smart for predicting a Michigan fan would post things related to Michigan.

Nah, it's not a Bama/OU thing, it's a "I've been posting on the college football forum at sportshoopla for a few years now" thing.

Everyone knows all you do is suck off Michigan.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, it's not a Bama/OU thing, it's a "I've been posting on the college football forum at sportshoopla for a few years now" thing.

Everyone knows all you do is suck off Michigan.
And everyone knows you suck off Bama. Which isn't shocking as you're a Bama fan.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm still not seeing how this makes Arkansas the best offense in the nation.

So think of it this way.
Team A is a no huddle offense (think Leach offense). Averages 2 minutes per drive
Team B is a grind it out offense (think Ark offense). Averages 6 minutes per drive

Team B scores a TD every possession all season (just to keep it simple no FGs)
Team A scores a TD on 50% of their possessions.

Team A will obviously average more pts per game, but team B has a more efficient offense.

This is a simplified way of thinking about it, but it is the general idea of how a team can average less pts and still be more efficient