• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Day 8 Fall camp

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hows your team doing, and what's their main focus on up to this day?

Utah
1. WR Freshman were with the ones today on offense Tim Patrick and Kenneth Scott were in the "PIT"
it was the first day in pads today.
2. They are finding replacements for a CB and DE.
3. Special teams remember this name Britain Covey. (wes welker clone)
4. LT 2 guys battling for this spot. they say they will know in a week.
5. Offense has been getting there ass kicked by our Defense so far. Travis Wilson still sucks
I hope Kendall Thompson starts.
SP teams are looking great as usual.
Thoughts/remarks welcome

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. still looking for a quarterback, year 6. Swoopes looks great throwing the ball, but it's just PRACTICE. Heard can only stand out when he can run.
2. 2015 freshmen class is taking over the team. Strong told all upperclassmen that if a freshman is even with them, the freshman will start.
3. It's friggin hot
4. getting chippy

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to tell because Graham hands out superlatives like candy on Halloween. That being said, it sounds like a young defensive line last year may have improved enough that they'll play primarily 4-3 again and will more often just rush 4 because he thinks they'll get pressure on their own, which we didn't have last year. Apparently there's been a ton of physical development over the offseason.

The new tackles might be bigger and more athletic than the old ones. Just green, because they were stuck playing behind multi-year starters.

Kalen Ballage. We don't know where he'll play, but apparently he's just a monster of an athlete. Some RB, some LB. Demario Richard is up to 220 at RB and running people over. Can still take it 90 though.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read that our players are in better physical condition than they've been in the past, and Herman talks a lot about being a very physical team. The only evidence that I've seen so far is this pic of freshman LB Emeke Egbule's face mask:

920x920.jpg

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yesterday our coaches made 3 players haul a mattress around the practice field all afternoon because they slept too long and were late to a meeting.

-WR has been a big focus. 4* JoJo Robinson is having a good camp. JUCO transfer Dominique Reed has drawn comparisons to a young Randy Moss by one national radio guy (lol I'll believe it when I see it but he is super athletic)

-First team offense vs. first team defense has been mixed, but the 2nd team defense has killed the 2nd team offense.

-Freshmen Ryan Pulley at CB and Dre Greenlaw at WLB have been impressive and could play a lot of snaps this year

-Special teams still needs to step up in pretty much every area

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. O-Line group is deep and coming together well, which was an undermined issue going into the summer.

2. QB situation TBD. Most inside sources are varying in opinions, though most are consistently saying Coker is not showing promise. Some are saying Barnett has been the most impressive, Morris is showing the best leadership on and off the field (he is the veteran) but Cornwell has been the most consistent all around. Bateman is simply part of the show as of right now.

3. WR group is young but uber talented. Foster and Stewart aren't dropping many passes at all, Black is a veteran, and many of the newer receivers are showing out including Ridley and Charlotte.

4. Damien Harris is impressing, will probably be the breather back for Henry since Kenyan is taking a more Percy Harvin type role in the offense, practicing at RB and WR.

5. Defense is as advertised, CB play has improved, but still needs to stay healthy. Few guys got knicked up.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read that our players are in better physical condition than they've been in the past, and Herman talks a lot about being a very physical team. The only evidence that I've seen so far is this pic of freshman LB Emeke Egbule's face mask:

920x920.jpg
:eek:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yesterday our coaches made 3 players haul a mattress around the practice field all afternoon because they slept too long and were late to a meeting

I like it!

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. O-Line group is deep and coming together well, which was an undermined issue going into the summer.

2. QB situation TBD. Most inside sources are varying in opinions, though most are consistently saying Coker is not showing promise. Some are saying Barnett has been the most impressive, Morris is showing the best leadership on and off the field (he is the veteran) but Cornwell has been the most consistent all around. Bateman is simply part of the show as of right now.

3. WR group is young but uber talented. Foster and Stewart aren't dropping many passes at all, Black is a veteran, and many of the newer receivers are showing out including Ridley and Charlotte.

4. Damien Harris is impressing, will probably be the breather back for Henry since Kenyan is taking a more Percy Harvin type role in the offense, practicing at RB and WR.

5. Defense is as advertised, CB play has improved, but still needs to stay healthy. Few guys got knicked up.
I was wondering about Bateman. Since hes a Utah kid. I told someone on SportsHoopla that he probably wont even see the field. he was ok in High school not the best so............ keep me up on Cooper.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I trust nobody when it comes to the QB. I was just reading this morning Coker looked the part and would meet his hype.

Other times I heard Cornwell is least impressive and that it came down to Barnett and Coker. Then sometimes I hear Cornwell looks best.

I don't trust any of it.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laugh at all you teams searching for a quarterback to replace the one that left. :pound:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in before someone does not realize, IT'S A JOKE :sadbron:

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust nobody when it comes to the QB. I was just reading this morning Coker looked the part and would meet his hype.

Other times I heard Cornwell is least impressive and that it came down to Barnett and Coker. Then sometimes I hear Cornwell looks best.

I don't trust any of it.
Exactly...part of me wants Coker to win, part of me wants it to be Barnett or Cornwell. I guess we'll know in 3 weeks. But I trust Saban and co.