• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 camp

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day 3.

Injuries:

Carroll confirmed that Helfet will require surgery on his foot. Not sure what kind of injury status this means for the season, but he will most likely not be on the active roster for game 1 or more depending on recovery time.

Carroll confirmed that CJ Prosise has a grade 1 hamstring strain. It's a strain so nothing too serious. But will be out around 7-10 days.

Rawls and Graham will be re-evaluated after Wednesday. Even if one or both return to being able to do drills during the fall camp, this doesn't mean they'll be playing when the season starts. It will be drills related to their on-going rehabs.

Frank Clark was sidelined today and had ice put on his calf. Carroll says it's nothing major.

Shoulder pads were on for the first time. Contact allowed.

Today was a lot of 1 on 1 drills, but some 7-7 did happen as well with the first and second teams.

LT Garry Gilliam practiced.

Some nice reports about the Oline holding their own today. Britt, Glowinski, Ifendi and Poole all didn't take any crap from the D during drills. Nice to hear that Poole arrived at camp in great looking shape. He and Webb will be challenging for the starting RT.

Things also got chippy out there today with the D and O lines going for it very aggressively. Bennett tried to take it to Ifendi and the first time, they had to be separated by the coaches as it got very physical. Ifendi wasn't letting anyone push him around.
Second time, Ifendi took it to Bennett again, but both just walked it off after.

Cassius March got his reps at Strong LB today.

Shead continued to practice with the 1st team as CB. Lane as the nickle. Tharold Simon has been working mainly with the 2nd team, but is reported to be in very good shape and making plays. It's really boom or bust time for him. It's the last year of his rookie deal.

Sherman went one on one with Lockett on a go-route and got an INT.

Kearse made a nice catch after being given the biz by Shead as they moved down the field. He pulled a spin move after the catch, Shead blinked, and Kearse ran it all the way into the endzone.

Jake Heaps made some nice passes today.

08012016-seahawks02-1020x680.jpg

08012016-seahawks10-1020x1530.jpg

08012016-seahawks18VMAC-in-Renton-1020x680.jpg

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks training camp practice canceled for fans Tuesday 8/2 due to ‘inclement weather’

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day 4.

It ended up being called a closed practice after weather threats of lightening shut down the public access to watch.

Some of the vets were given the day off to rest. Tomorrow is a no practice day for entire team. Things resume on Thursday.

Nothing much to report besides things were still hot with the 1 on 1 drills with O and D line. Britt and Reed went at it a few times, but no actually fights broke out. Ifendi's toughness continues to be on display. Bodes well for the RG spot this year. He's not taking crap from anyone. Reed is also reported to be a total beast and looking like the real deal at DT.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ's Injury worries me because both him and fuller help with Kizer helped us reach 10-2

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reports from day#4 that I found interesting:

*Browner playing Safety, apparently exclusively.

*Cassius Marsh, Eric Pinkins, and Mike Morgan all played SAM with the first unit.

*Heaps looks good as a back-up QB.

*Brooks (7th round) is being noted as a stand-out at HB.

*Shead, Simon, and Lane all took first team reps at outside CB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ's Injury worries me because both him and fuller help with Kizer helped us reach 10-2

It's a concern, because if he doesn't get his reps in this off season, I can't see him making it to the field when the season starts.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. Was a crazy end to the work week. Let's get this back on track. Tons going down the past two days.

Day 7.

Significant signing: Seahawks have officially signed veteran OG Jahri Evens to add more NFL experience to the Oline.
Started in 153 NFL games.
Four pro-bowl teams.
Just turned 33.
He'll be competing for time with Glowinski and Ifedi who are currently locks to make the final roster.

Rookie FA Long Snapper Nolan Frese (UofHouston) is the only long snapper on the roster right now. He could end up making the 2016 team.

Injuries:

Graham and Rawls are still on the PUP. Carroll claims it will now go into day to day mode. He says they are both very close to practicing. We'll see.

WR Doug Baldwin got the back of his leg stepped on during practice earlier this week. He's getting treatment on his right calf, but it's nothing serious.

SS Kam Chancellor has a groin issue and was held out of practices this week. Nothing serious.

DE Frank Clark had a calf tighten up from cramps early in the week, and it stayed sore, so he's been on the sidelines as well. Nothing serious. He was back practicing on Friday.

DL Jordan Hill has something happen on friday practice. He's sitting out right now. No word yet on how serious.

RB CJ Prosise nursing a strained hammy. Will have to rest it another week.

RB Zac Brooks has a sore hammy. Not practicing right now.

FB Brandom Cottom has a serious achilles injury. He's probably done.

UDFA RB Tre Madden has a shoulder injury.

FA TE Ronnie Shields has a serious achilles injury. He's probably done.

Rookie FA DE Montese Overton has a calf injury.

Seahawks have brought in a bunch of players to fill practice spots.

SS Keenan Lambert (Kam Chancellor's brother), who was in the camp last year.

RB Cameron Marshall.

So moves were made today for sure:

5 players have been officially waived: TE Brandon Cottom, TE Cooper Helfet, TE Ronnie Shields, RB Tre Madden and DE David Perkins. All will revert to Hawks IR list if they pass through waivers.

Additional new players signed: RB Jonathan Amosa (Washington), LB Kache Palacio (Washington State), RB Troymaine Pope (Jackson State), WR Uzoma Nwachukwu (Texas A&M) and TE Joe Sommers (Wisconsin-Oshkosh)

Amosa has been brought in with FB in mind. He will compete with Tani Tupou who also played for the Huskies at the DT, but Hawks have been having been rotating him between DT and FB during practices all week.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow is the first full blown scrimmage format for the team, but will depend on weather, which is looking like it could rain hard in the afternoon. If so, it will be cancelled.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prosise is healing up, but will not play in the preseason opener vs KC

Even with Rawls off the pup, do not expect to see him out there for any real time during the preseason games.

Chancellor will be back to practicing on Tuesday.

Baldwin is day to day dealing with a deep bruise to his calf that got stepped on.

WRs Kevin Smith and Kasen Williams have tweaked hammys and not practicing right now.

Newly signed G Evans was out there in pads today. Drills, but didn't play during the scrimmage.

Starting offensive line continues to be, from right to left, J’Marcus Webb, Germain Ifedi, Justin Britt, Mark Glowinski and Garry Gilliam.

Lockett appears to be getting more time with the offense this year. Noticeable during the scrimmage that plays are being designed to make him one of the primary receivers. Slow start for Wilson, but he started dropping serious dead money dimes on receivers today. He's balling even with injuries all over the WR and RB corps. He's starting right where he left off in the second half of last year.

Alex Collins is continuing to impress. Not only running well, but made some real nice catches today.

Boykin made some nice throws today. Nice display of athleticism.

Bennett was everywhere today. Playing like a probowler.

Shead continues to get first team priority at CB.

S Kelcie McCray is really playing well covering for Chancellor right now. He may make the team as the backup S.

LB Eric Pinkins is playing really well at Irvins vacated spot. Appears to have moved up to 2nd place at that role right now.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2015, the Cowboys traded with Seattle for RB Christine Michael in efforts to improve their depth and running game. That never happened, as Michael was released in November despite Dallas having obvious needs at running back. Coming full circle, Michael is now back with the Seahawks and apparently, is finally ready to fulfill his potential.

Trust was a big issue during Michael’s brief tenure with Dallas. He hardly ever saw the field, appearing in just five games as a Cowboy and carrying the ball only 15 total times. Acquired just before the start of the 2015 season, Michael was left inactive on gameday for the season’s first three weeks. It was assumed he was using this time to learn the Cowboy’s playbook and acclimate himself to his new team, but apparently that was not the case. Even when Joseph Randle was released, Micahel’s role with the team did not increase, leaving many puzzled as to why.

In fact, there was a week when the Cowboys planned to have Michael start, but his performance during a week of practice prompted them to change their mind and insert Darren McFadden.

Now back with Seattle, Michael is reportedly more dedicated than ever to his craft. He was a 2nd round pick by the Seahawks in the 2013 draft after spending four productive years at Texas A&M. It’s not hard to imagine he still had a little growing up left to do. Hisrunning ability was never in doubt, but it was learning holes to attack, protection assignments and schemes that made Seattle originally feel okay with sending him to the Cowboys. Those shortcomings kept him off the field in Dallas and bounced him around the league before finally bringing him back to the team which drafted him.

Seattle’s running backs coach, Sherman Smith, said of Michael:

“He was grateful to get another chance because he thought when the Redskins released him that his career was over with. He thought he was going back to Texas. And he just came back and said, ‘You know what? I had a sense of entitlement. I’ve just learned that I’ve got to do better.’ He came in last year and earned a world of trust from myself and the rest of the coaches and players.”

With Marshawn Lynch retiring, the starting running back spot for the Seahawks is wide open. Thomas Rawls is on the PUP list, and Seattle has a trio of 2016 draft picks (C.J. Prosise, Alex Collins, and Zac Brooks) on their running back depth chart. The opportunity for Michael has never been more open, if he wants to take it.

A not-so-funny coincidence, Dallas had originally agreed to a UDFA deal with Rawls following the 2015 draft before he changed his mind and signed with Seattle.

If Michael has really gotten his act together, it will be a shame it happened too late for Dallas to capitalize. It would have changed the course of the team for 2016 and likely beyond.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham has been cleared to start practices. Very leary of anyone coming back that soon from a patella injury like that. Appears he paid the price of Seattle trying too agressively to turn him into a blocking TE as the season went on.

We'll see what he can do this year. He's a nightmare for defenses in the redzone. Hopefully, he can regain a lot of that.

--He lost 15 pounds during his rehabilitation to leave him at 260. That, he thinks, is another big plus.

Referring to the play in the end zone of CenturyLink Field Nov. 29 against Pittsburgh on which his knee buckled and pain seared through his body: “Back to my young weight, which is good. … Being 275 running go routes down the field, probably not a good idea.”

But this time last year, the Seahawks were concerned with making Graham, one of the NFL’s most prolific pass-catching tight ends, into an adept run blocker. Seattle has since drafted rookie tight end Nick Vannett and signed free-agent veteran Brandon Williams to handle interior blocking. That will presumably return Graham to his more comfortable role as an inside and outside receiver down the field.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not backing down is one thing but he might turn into a hot head that could cost this team some penalties. Let's hope he matures quickly.

Carroll knows how to deal with those types!

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not backing down is one thing but he might turn into a hot head that could cost this team some penalties. Let's hope he matures quickly.

I was torn when I first heard about it, but right now I'm viewing it as not willing to back down to Bennett and others, (as we know our D can talk) But its something to keep our eyes on during preseason games to see if he goes over the line. Having not seen him in college I can't recall if that was a problem.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team has always liked those 'to the whistle' types of O-linemen. So I doubt they're interested in reining him in at all.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team has always liked those 'to the whistle' types of O-linemen. So I doubt they're interested in reining him in at all.
Unless he continues pass the whistle. That's been a problem in the pass, one I hope doesn't continue this year. Those kind of penalties are drive killers and I have always cringed when they happened. I hopeful that's not going to happen often this year.:hope:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he continues pass the whistle. That's been a problem in the pass, one I hope doesn't continue this year. Those kind of penalties are drive killers and I have always cringed when they happened. I hopeful that's not going to happen often this year.:hope:

Oh I get what you're saying, I just figure that since he's so young (read: impressionable) they don't want to risk turning him passive. So they'll live with some whistles initially if he fills that Breno 'take no shvt from anyone' role.