• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 camp

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's being said of Day 1:

Two hour practice. Helmets, no pads.

Paul Richardson is back after 2 years of injuries, including knee surgery.

If he can stay healthy this year, he could be another big weapon for RW. His speed was on display multiple times during the day.

Brandon Browner was breaking up plays and was playing in the safety spot for the practice.

Shead was the starter opposite Sherman. Lane was in his usual spot at nickle.

Graham and Rawls were on the PUP as predicted. Carroll says they will continue to be evaluated.

Rookie C.J. Prosise tweaked his hammy early in the practice and sat out the rest of the day.

RB Christine Michael had some cramps during practice after getting some nice runs in. Sat out the rest. Doesn't appear serious.

Taniela Tupou who was signed as a UDFA from UofW. There was talk of using him as a FB, but appears he was practicing as a DT today.

DT Sealver Siliga, offseason signing, was list with a calf injury and didn't practice today.

LT Garry Gilliam didn't take part in any drills. That's probably just being careful with him. He'll probably be our starting LT for the opening game.

Expect to see a lot more of DE Frank Clark out in there in 2016. He was used sparingly last year during games, but is reported to be in amazing shape, and will factored into the defense a lot more going forward.

Clemons has indeed retired and will not be playing football for the Seahawks this season.

Carroll:
“We are really excited about watching the running back group develop. We are really excited to see how our pass rush comes together. The tight end spot, Nick Vannett really gave us a real boost when we saw him on our field, we are really excited about how all that is going to come together. The O-line is still, there will always be a focus for us there. It is a great looking group, but better than that there are competitive aspects in almost all positions. What is going on in the middle and the last few spots on the receiver thing is really exciting. We have some really good guys there and some guys to come challenge. Paul (Richardson) looked fantastic today, he’s back in action with us. I think all around the whole field I think it is like that. Defense and the secondary in the corner spots, there are a lot of corners here and a lot of guys that can play. It is a very talented group, so I see it in so many different areas.”

C.J. Prosise, who hurt his hamstring early and was out the rest of the day, leaving a lot of reps for Zac Brooks working behind Michael and Alex Collins: “He felt his hamstring a little bit in one of the special teams drills right off the bat. He’s getting some hard work in with Kam (Chancellor) and a bunch of other guys and then on the first day he gets out here and feels his hamstring a little bit, so I don’t know what that means.”

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
07302016-SeahawksCamp_050-780x546.jpg

Thomas congrats Chancellor on a INT.

07302016-SeahawksCamp_06-780x594.jpg

Lockett

07302016-SeahawksCamp_05-780x548.jpg

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Prosise been dealing with injuries all off season, he needs to get healthy and get some reps.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Prosise been dealing with injuries all off season, he needs to get healthy and get some reps.

Nice to see Richardson back, but he's had injury problems since his college days and his legs are rail thin. I was worried about those legs of his taking NFL punishment from the day we drafted him, and still am. He's always going to be an high injury risk.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Richardson back, but he's had injury problems since his college days and his legs are rail thin. I was worried about those legs of his taking NFL punishment from the day we drafted him, and still am. He's always going to be an high injury risk.
Yeah, he's a player I need to see hold up for a season before I put much stock in him.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Rawls and Graham on the PUP should surprise no one.

Both had very serious injuries last year during the season. I'm not counting on either being ready to play week 1.

Graham at 6'7" having a patellar blow out is bad. It's extremely dicey he'll play this year. In many ways, it's considered worse than an ACL injury for athletes. 18 months to 2 years is a realistic period to expect an athlete to return from one, and most are never the same.

HustleWilson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little worried about Prosise and not just injuries. Have a feeling the dudes head isn't in it yet. A very interesting quote from Carroll right there and there was another quote from Carroll last month that was kinda similar...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody get their tickets yet? Seems like I usually had them by now...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Two years of injuries" is a bit misleading to describe Richardson. He played 15 games as a rookie before hurting his knee in the playoffs of the '14 season, then was injured for pretty much all of '15. In my book, that's 1 year of injuries.

The comment about Gilliam not participating in drills is a bit curious as well, since I was watching the live stream of practice yesterday at seahawks.com and saw him out there doing things that looked suspiciously like "drills".

Anyway, good to see the players finally out on the field and inching closer to kicking off a new year. Hopefully Rawls & Graham can start at it soon.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody get their tickets yet? Seems like I usually had them by now...
No. Don't we usually get a shipping email letting us know they are on the way?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't received mine either yet, but you don't need them to get in the game or anything. Just print them out from the season ticket account manager. Anyone know what the gift is this year?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides Rawls and Graham, the Hawks were looking nice and healthy going into camp this year....

But it still begins.......

TE Cooper Helfet has cracked a bone in his foot. Bevell says no time table for return.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE Cooper Helfet has cracked a bone in his foot. Bevell says no time table for return.
Certainly not great news, but I think Helfet is a bubble guy anyway with JG, Willson, and Vannett all locks to make the final roster. Only window of opportunity seems to be inury to those 3 guys and/or JG starting the season on PUP (which certainly could happen).

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked the Vannett pick when we took him, and I'm really, really liking it now.

He's a rookie, but if Graham stays on the bench for part or all of the season, we could be looking at starting the season with just two active TEs. Willson and Vannett. Not optimal, but still doable for the position. We're thick at WR which helps a lot. I was hoping for some 2 TE sets this fall, but this may minimize that considering the depth issue.

Oh well. Vannett was one of those rookies I was picking to be out there getting time on the field right away and looks like that's going to happen for sure.

I expect the Seahawks to bring in another TE or 2 to camp in Aug going forward. We'll see.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked the Vannett pick when we took him, and I'm really, really liking it now.

He's a rookie, but if Graham stays on the bench for part or all of the season, we could be looking at starting the season with just two active TEs. Willson and Vannett. Not optimal, but still doable for the position. We're thick at WR which helps a lot. I was hoping for some 2 TE sets this fall, but this may minimize that considering the depth issue.

Oh well. Vannett was one of those rookies I was picking to be out there getting time on the field right away and looks like that's going to happen for sure.

I expect the Seahawks to bring in another TE or 2 to camp in Aug going forward. We'll see.
Vannett intrigues me. Hope he lives up to Pete/Jon expectations, that would be a nice boost to the offense. However, I think it may take a year or so for him to be a big contributor. Won't mind seeing it happen this year though.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually things aren't as bad at TE depth as I thought. I forgot that we did sign TE Brandon Williams this offseason as a free agent. Played the last three seasons for Carolina.

Seahawks today also signed rookie TE Clayton Echard who played for Missouri.

If Graham doesn't start the season, Williams might make the roster or find a way onto the practice squad. At 28, he's got plenty of NFL experience.

And thank you, no new injuries reported after day 2.

Alex Collins did some kick returns today and lined up as WR at times in no back sets with Prosise out He did kick returns when he was at Arkansas. He might take some this season when Lockett isn't.

Brandon Cottom is also listed as a TE, but at 6'2" and 260, they've put him the fullback jersey. Seahawks don't have anyone officially listed as a FB on the team right now.

LT Garry Gilliam was more active with the starting Oline today.

Britt was the starting C today a lot.

Eric Pinkens played Strong side LB today. Appears their going to keep rotating guys like Morgan, Louis, and Marsh at that spot and figure who gets the start as preseason continues.

Shead got the 1st team CB duties again today and Lane at the nickel in 5 DB sets.

Paul Richardson had another good day.

Kevin Smith made some nice catches today. Go Dawgs!!!!!

CJ Prosise didn't do any drills today. Nursing the strained right leg from yesterday.

Frank Clark was out there getting busy again today.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, thanks for the updates.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No prob. Between the Hawks loaded for another playoff run and Dawgs with a shot to get to the PAC champ game, gonna be a amazing fb season up here in the amazing PACNW.

Seemed like an eternity this offseason. So glad it's finally cranking up.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good info. Thanks for the updates.