• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots 53 Man Roster..........2016

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryan Stork is gone as well! Really hoping the Broncos pick him up. I know the whole concussion issue is big but we would use him as a back up Center that adds a lot of experience to our roster.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been toying with the roster as it presently exists and I've made cuts about as deep as I can. I've still got a 58 man roster and just can't figure out who should go. I'd really hate to be a coach on any team when the final cuts have to be done. I've cut vets, well known favorites and rookies. Two I've kept, but think will b next are Knighton and Isofea. That still leaves me at 56. Anyone else tried to make them?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind sounds like Stork is actually being traded to the Redskins for a conditional pick.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins fans are celebrating like they just got Mike Webster's re-incarnation.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins fans are celebrating like they just got Mike Webster's re-incarnation.

When healthy Stork is a starter quality Center in this league. For a 7th round pick that is not bad value. I mean even if he busts or is injured not like you gave up much and if he doesn't make the team then they cut him and get their pick back. To me it is a low risk medium reward type trade and for the Patriots most likely means they were going to cut him anyway so at least they get a chance at a draft pick.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When healthy Stork is a starter quality Center in this league. For a 7th round pick that is not bad value. I mean even if he busts or is injured not like you gave up much and if he doesn't make the team then they cut him and get their pick back. To me it is a low risk medium reward type trade and for the Patriots most likely means they were going to cut him anyway so at least they get a chance at a draft pick.

Pick is conditional with details still being worked out.
Glad they traded instead of cutting.
Concussions, inconsistent, and fighting too.
He's better than a lot of centers, but I'm damn glad we picked up Andrews last year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick is conditional with details still being worked out.
Glad they traded instead of cutting.
Concussions, inconsistent, and fighting too.
He's better than a lot of centers, but I'm damn glad we picked up Andrews last year.

Not saying it is a bad move for the Patriots. Sounds like they were thinking about cutting him anyway so to get a 7th round pick out of the deal is worth it. I just think when healthy he can be a quality starter for some team. I don't think he will ever be looked at as a top-5 Center in the league but I do know plenty of teams with a Center starting right now that Stork could beat out.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying it is a bad move for the Patriots. Sounds like they were thinking about cutting him anyway so to get a 7th round pick out of the deal is worth it. I just think when healthy he can be a quality starter for some team. I don't think he will ever be looked at as a top-5 Center in the league but I do know plenty of teams with a Center starting right now that Stork could beat out.

Yes, my sentiments also.

Heard on the radio on my travel home that Stork is contemplating retirement. So there may not be a trade after all.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not offended by the Stork "trade" I am concerned about Cannon being left as the R tackle. This coming from someone who thought that Scar would "turn him around" How does this go?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not offended by the Stork "trade" I am concerned about Cannon being left as the R tackle. This coming from someone who thought that Scar would "turn him around" How does this go?
Hopefully Scar turns him in the opposite direction then the direction pass rushers have been spinning him.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mingo trade is literally a warning to the entire team. Sheard and McLellin are both hurt and BB went out got a quality veteran replacement. This coming Wednesday, every team will have to make cuts to get down to 80 players. Most teams will cut to 70 because they don't like cutting 25 players on one day. That and having to trim so quickly causes mistakes and other teams benefit.

Feeling locally is that Bill started the cutting process this week shaving the 88 man roster by 5. He already knows that he's got at least one IR and possibly 2 on PUP. That makes 8. He'll start cutting Tuesday before the rest of the league and finish Wednesday. Caserio will be watching the wire very closely for veteran OL, primarily a RT and LT and most likely an experienced center.

I'll predict that the roster will be at 68 by this time next week. Potentially 10 practice squad guys and 5 direct cuts unless they decide to store a couple on the IR.

Guys will be playing for their NFL football lives tonight.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not watched the Pats / Painters game yet. I'll watch tonight. (slept good)
I agree, we'll be cutting. This year virtually everybody we cut will be signed elsewhere.
We have a lot of players with upside getting cut.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officially, the NFL must cut all rosters to 75 active players by Tuesday afternoon at 4 PM. The Patriots final preseason game is next Thursday at the Giants. The final rosters across the league must be set at 53 by 4 PM on Sept. 3. Solder got caught flat footed several rimes last night. He's always had problems with speed rushers off the edge. If he can't get a good push, usually Brady has been in trouble. JG is trying to do his college run around which does not work in the NFL. He should know that by now. A QB in NFL cannot run backwards. He must either step up in the pocket or get outside it in order to throw away the ball. JG got an 18 yard penalty last night because he intentionally grounded the ball 18 yards behind the line of scrimmage. The new rules state that if a QB grounds the ball more than 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage, the ball is place at the point of the throw and it's also a loss of down. JG isn't sharp enough yet to make up 2nd and 28.

There was a lot of talk about picking up a veteran back up for JG while Brady is out. Matt Chatham put it to rest when he said, "Why would you pick a an extra QB and give up a roster spot, when Brissett looks like he could take over for Brady." I have to agree. I think Jacoby should get the start against the Giants with the first team for as long as they're out on the field. Let JG know that he's not a rock solid 32 on this team. Brissett was going with the second team against the Panthers first team defense for a short time and he was doing very well. The Panthers decided that they didn't want to have a 3rd stringer make them look bad and started wholesale substitutions almost immediately.

Still think the Pats need to pick up a quality RT and back up center.

BTW, DJ Foster and Cyrus Jones locked up roster spots last night. Foster looked 10 times better than James White. AND he's got great hands.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that should be "rock solid #2"

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hate to say this, but Cannon, IMO; was the best OL over the past 2 games. Him and Andrews were pretty solid vs both the Bears and Car. The left side of Solder/Thuney were not solid. I thought Cannon had a very solid game and his name was not heard once. Call me crazy, but maybe.....just maybe Scar got to him.

IF Cooper can come back sometime soon, he will be the starting RG. Karras, Barker were not very good last night. Getting Mason/Cooper back would be a blessing before the season started. If that can happen, Jackson can go to season ending IR and get ready for next yr.

Chris Long is a straight out beasting it out there. Flowers is a stud in making also. This defense is going to be good.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm re-watching the game now. Taking a break.

The more I watch, the frustrated I'm getting with JG's play. Brady came in for a couple of series, lofts a pretty 33 yard TD to Chris Hogan. Brady/Edelman, Brady/Gronkowski, add to that Brady/Hogan and Brady/Bennett. Asshole Goodell will force the Patriots to disband and start from scratch. I'm not 100% sure JG will be able to take advantage of that much talent in front of him.....................inside the 20, I think BB should hand the ball to JB.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, DJ Foster and Cyrus Jones locked up roster spots last night. Foster looked 10 times better than James White. AND he's got great hands.

:laugh3: Duh statement of the day.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="BigKen, post: 8811591, member: 4063"
There was a lot of talk about picking up a veteran back up for JG while Brady is out. .[/QUOTE]

Matt Cassel is free...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt didn't look that bad playing for the Titans last night.