• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darrell Green opines..

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivera may just resign. He knows the hammer is coming. He had no input on trading both Sweat & Young because if he did, one would still be here.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to early to give up on Forbes. I said on draft day i would have taken Gonzalez but i was fine with Forbes. I just wanted a corner.

Looks like he's lost some confidence, but AJ is killing everyone right now. TBD
Some want to take shot at a kid with 8 games experience .... some, like me think coaching failed him. Why don't we all simmer down and give the kid a chance instead of pissing on him because he wasn't your draft choice. If he sucks in two or three years then you can roast him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can bust the team for picking a guy in round 1 who wasnt NFL ready . We passed on others that were and other positions with more of a need .

No one including me thought he wasn’t at least NFL ready , he hasnt produced and so far we are listening to the excuse line we make for Davis .

How many teams would Davis start for ?

RR needed to win to keep his job and he drafts a project in round one.

So far this draft class has gone belly up . In this day and age you can’t have draft classes like that .

I said from day one he wasn’t what we needed to win . It’s early and maybe he can be salvaged but he will have to be salvaged by a staff who didn’t draft him . He wasn’t just beaten by brown , he couldn’t cover many of the people he faced . I can concede fuller and BSJ have had issues but the foot was open for him to sieze the moment and he hasn’t but Johnson did

Davis hasn’t progressed and Forbes so far looks to be trending the same way . Can it change ? Yes but right now RR and his staff should be bashed for picking a guy who hasn’t even given a glimpse of what we were promised he would deliver

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to early to give up on Forbes. I said on draft day i would have taken Gonzalez but i was fine with Forbes. I just wanted a corner.

Looks like he's lost some confidence, but AJ is killing everyone right now. TBD
No doubt AJ is on that other level now, but there's also Denver n Chicago where he was riddled. I liked the pick as well n it'd be 1 thing if Gonzalez was playing better than him. Or Porter, Jr n Gonzalez. Or if he were in the top 5 discussion for rookies, Somethin cuz they all playing better than Forbes. I still like him n he didn't forget how to play.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can bust the team for picking a guy in round 1 who wasnt NFL ready . We passed on others that were and other positions with more of a need .

No one including me thought he wasn’t at least NFL ready , he hasnt produced and so far we are listening to the excuse line we make for Davis .

How many teams would Davis start for ?

RR needed to win to keep his job and he drafts a project in round one.

So far this draft class has gone belly up . In this day and age you can’t have draft classes like that .

I said from day one he wasn’t what we needed to win . It’s early and maybe he can be salvaged but he will have to be salvaged by a staff who didn’t draft him . He wasn’t just beaten by brown , he couldn’t cover many of the people he faced . I can concede fuller and BSJ have had issues but the foot was open for him to sieze the moment and he hasn’t but Johnson did

Davis hasn’t progressed and Forbes so far looks to be trending the same way . Can it change ? Yes but right now RR and his staff should be bashed for picking a guy who hasn’t even given a glimpse of what we were promised he would deliver
Fair points, but i really like what Davis has shown this year. Can't argue about the draft class in general. Hasn't been good. I'll take Darrell Green's word for it though. He rarely speaks on such thingd. TBD on Forbes but to your point he hasn't been good and ive said as much in some of my post game recaps.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t believe people are surprised that Forbes is struggling. He is physically just so small, he is man handled by a stud like Brown. Sorry, but Forbes is maybe 175lbs soaking wet. Brown is 230. Forbes succeeded in college because he was one of the best athletes on the field. In the nfl, they are all great athletes.
he needs to spend all off season in the weight room. He needs to put on at least 10lbs of muscle this year.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t believe people are surprised that Forbes is struggling. He is physically just so small, he is man handled by a stud like Brown. Sorry, but Forbes is maybe 175lbs soaking wet. Brown is 230. Forbes succeeded in college because he was one of the best athletes on the field. In the nfl, they are all great athletes.
he needs to spend all off season in the weight room. He needs to put on at least 10lbs of muscle this year.
I totally agree.

I was confused by the pick personally. It's going to take time with him.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be the worst draft class of all time. Perhaps Darrell is right but I'm trying to think of one rookie CB who was this bad who actually turned out good. If you can play corner it shows right away. I wanted Gonzales too but for some reason trusted our staff. I did notice that on a lot of his picks he was beaten and the ball was deflected but like an idiot I believe in our staff.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see .... a lot of you guys call bust before a guy has a full season. Especially if he wasn't you choice.

Whether he does turn it around it is already done. So if the new staff doesn't like him they get someone else. BTW he is about the same weight Darryl Green and Fred Smoot were.

Long story shorter we have new ownership, new ideas and time to go forward.

I'll eat my crow if I am wrong.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Forbes’ coverage been bad? I really don’t think so. So he has not played the position poorly but has physical limitations. That is coaching putting him in a position to fail…end of story.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing but questionable players taken i the rivera era anyway.young was the exception his rookie year but after that he was only decent.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Skins taking some of that 91m and going after a veteran lockdown corner to buy time for Forbes to get stronger while he plays behind Fuller.

What if it is coaching though?