• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All very true. I actually liked Monta during the first part of his tenure in Dallas. And he did score in bunches for sure. There were many nights where if Monta was cold the Mavs had no chance. But I think I started to sour on him right around the time the Mavs reportedly did. His good nights were less frequent, or maybe consistent is a better word, and he was almost an all-out malcontent by season's end. Refusing to join team huddles during timeouts, fighting with teammates away from the court, etc. to me were signs of a guy who wasn't happy and wasn't all that interested in the success of his team.

He's always had the reputation of a petulant child who pouts and sulks, and it kind of found its way back to him this last season. If he had put up better numbers in the second half, I think more people wouldn't care as much about his often poor attitude.

It was nice while it lasted, but I think their honeymoon is over.

He said about curry in his rookie season. " me and Steph playing in the same backcourt together? It's not gonna work" he was right lol

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears as though the Monta Ellis era in Dallas is all but over. One night before his deadline to opt-in for one last season, "sources" (aka Mark Cuban) have let it be leaked that if Monta chooses to opt-in, the Mavs will trade him to whichever team will take him in exchange for a draft pick.

In other words: "Hey Monta, if you want to have any say where you play next year, you might want to decline your player option and give us the cap room".

I say good riddance. His scoring often came at the expense of others and his moodiness reportedly really hurt the team morale quite often. Plus he didn't play a lick of defense. Give me Danny Green starting at the 2 for a lot less money and spend the extra money on retaining Tyson and signing either Aldridge or Jordan.

Ditto

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will there be any success from the Mavs draft this time?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will there be any success from the Mavs draft this time?

I can't see the future, but based on the last decade I'm going to say not likely. If we don't draft some white guy from Europe that will never wear a Mavs uniform, I'll be amazed.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see the future, but based on the last decade I'm going to say not likely. If we don't draft some white guy from Europe that will never wear a Mavs uniform, I'll be amazed.

Pretty much my line of thinking as well. They should be embarrassed at how shitty they are at drafting. Hell even the Cowboys do a better job than the Mavs nowadays

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much my line of thinking as well. They should be embarrassed at how shitty they are at drafting. Hell even the Cowboys do a better job than the Mavs nowadays

That's not even debatable. No comparison IMO.

The Mavs, under the present GM, named Nelson, has never scratched the surface of success.

Trades honestly, haven't worked too good either.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft is a cheap and easy way to get talent. Any team who doesn't utilize the draft is foolish. The Warriors just recently completed a rebuild which was heavily predicated on drafting success. Stephen Curry (7th overall), Klay Thompson ( 11th overall), and Draymond Green ( 35th overall) were the most important building blocks to that team. All acquired in the draft.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mavs are the worst team in the NBA when it comes to the draft. Their talent evaluations are garbage and always have been under Donnie Nelson. I can guarantee you that whomever the Mavs draft today either will be out of the NBA, in the D-League, or with another team in less than 3 years. The Mavs might as well not even show up on draft day. They essentially don't anyway.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mavs are the worst team in the NBA when it comes to the draft. Their talent evaluations are garbage and always have been under Donnie Nelson. I can guarantee you that whomever the Mavs draft today either will be out of the NBA, in the D-League, or with another team in less than 3 years. The Mavs might as well not even show up on draft day. They essentially don't anyway.

It's so simple. Get a guy who played well in college from a reputable school ( UCLA, Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina, Florida) he doesn't have to be a damn all star. Even a solid bench player would fill a role.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next up

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 21 Mavs take

Justin Anderson | SF, VirginiaHeight: 6-6 Weight: 228Terrific value at a position of need: 3-and-D and his shot mechanics don´t scare me. Anderson has great size at 6-foot-6 with a 7-foot wingspan. It´s a great pick up, and the Mavs needed him there.

GRADE: A

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 21 Mavs take

Justin Anderson | SF, VirginiaHeight: 6-6 Weight: 228Terrific value at a position of need: 3-and-D and his shot mechanics don´t scare me. Anderson has great size at 6-foot-6 with a 7-foot wingspan. It´s a great pick up, and the Mavs needed him there.

GRADE: A

3&D player, might be able to take reps at the 2 b/c of his athleticism and would provide a needed physical presence, doesn't need the ball to be effective, needs to continue working on his shot though

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mavs have made progress. They didn't draft some guy from Russia or Africa who nobody has ever heard of.

Gotta crawl before you can walk, baby steps here