• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell ya what, he came awfully close today. As close as Norm would ever come to saying something so crass.

He closed with, "I feel better. Let's move on." Then laughed.

Has turned out to be a really bad move picking him up. Even worse than Lamar Odom because we were counting on Rondo to take us up a notch. This team eventually needs to start from the ground up. Let's face it, when this team started to get better it started with the draft of Dirk. Plus Nash was just 24 when they picked him up. We need to get back to that philosophy of youth and veterans. We pretty much have abandoned the youth part.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has turned out to be a really bad move picking him up. Even worse than Lamar Odom because we were counting on Rondo to take us up a notch. This team eventually needs to start from the ground up. Let's face it, when this team started to get better it started with the draft of Dirk. Plus Nash was just 24 when they picked him up. We need to get back to that philosophy of youth and veterans. We pretty much have abandoned the youth part.

Sadly but truthfully, I thought it was a terrific move getting Rondo. WRONG.

And ya know, a lot of this problem stems from the total refusal of mark Cuban to recognize that the Dirk he'd so fallen in love with and counted on, is no longer here. Yet Cuban refused to tear it down, rebuild and move Dirk into a more advantageous situation.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from Charles Barkley on Mr Rondo:

That led to a snappy response from coach Rick Carlisle, personal talks with owner Mark Cuban and teammates and a tongue-lashing from TNT analyst Charles Barkley.

With Dallas trying to avoid falling into an 0-2 series hole, Rondo played only 34 seconds of the second half.

"He was not engaged whatsoever tonight," Barkley said on TNT. "If he is not going to play, then Rick (Carlisle) has an obligation to the other guys in that locker room. If he is just going to go through the motions, they have to move on.

"I'm not going to play Rondo anymore."

Apparently, I'm one of many who wants his ass outta here on the first thing smoking.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't come here often, b/c I don't follow the Mavs with much passion. However, I watched enough last night to know I'd not let that motherfucking Rondo suit up for the rest of the season! Clean out your locker you little bitch; YOU'RE FIRED! I'll pay ya, b/c I have too. But you are no longer a member of this franchise and therefore, no longer welcome here. Pack you cocksucker, and do it fast!

And if anyone got a chance to here Hitzges' opening today, he was totally on board with this thought process.

He's screwing him self out of so much FA money. That's the only good thing about it.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from Charles Barkley on Mr Rondo:

That led to a snappy response from coach Rick Carlisle, personal talks with owner Mark Cuban and teammates and a tongue-lashing from TNT analyst Charles Barkley.

With Dallas trying to avoid falling into an 0-2 series hole, Rondo played only 34 seconds of the second half.

"He was not engaged whatsoever tonight," Barkley said on TNT. "If he is not going to play, then Rick (Carlisle) has an obligation to the other guys in that locker room. If he is just going to go through the motions, they have to move on.

"I'm not going to play Rondo anymore."

Apparently, I'm one of many who wants his ass outta here on the first thing smoking.

He was brought into to do something that Ellis, Dirk, Parsons and other guys had shown they were not willing to do, and that was a tough task. They share some blame in their lack of defensive effort, but my goodness Rondo didn't appear to try much at all last night in his 10 short minutes.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was brought into to do something that Ellis, Dirk, Parsons and other guys had shown they were not willing to do, and that was a tough task. They share some blame in their lack of defensive effort, but my goodness Rondo didn't appear to try much at all last night in his 10 short minutes.

The ghost of Josh Hamilton has revisited a DFW area team.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't understand why the Mavericks forgo the draft every year. Look at 4 of the biggest stars in the game with right now. Stephen Curry, Anthony Davis, Blake Griffin, and Lebron James. What do they have in common? All currently playing for the team who drafted them. The easiest way to get talent is to draft and develop.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't understand why the Mavericks forgo the draft every year. Look at 4 of the biggest stars in the game with right now. Stephen Curry, Anthony Davis, Blake Griffin, and Lebron James. What do they have in common? All currently playing for the team who drafted them. The easiest way to get talent is to draft and develop.

I do agree that the Mavs need to do a better job of drafting. But those 4 guys you listed are all bad examples to use as proof. Three of them were picked #1 overall and the other was picked #7. No wonder they are some of the biggest stars in the game today. The Mavs haven't had the chance to draft anyone that good.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree that the Mavs need to do a better job of drafting. But those 4 guys you listed are all bad examples to use as proof. Three of them were picked #1 overall and the other was picked #7. No wonder they are some of the biggest stars in the game today. The Mavs haven't had the chance to draft anyone that good.
That and Lebron fucking left...he was a FA signing...so his comments are pretty fucking stupid.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mavs have such a poor track record with the draft for two reasons- mostly low picks and Donnie's poor drafting skills. Here is his entire list of draft picks made since he took over for his dad in 2006:

Maurice Ager, Danilo Pinnock, Nick Fazekas, Renald Seibutis, Shan Foster, Roddy Beaubois, Ahmad Nivins, Solomon Alabi, Jordan Hamilton, Tanguy Ngombo, Jared Cunningham, Bernard James, Jae Crowder, and Shane Larkin.

Some of those guys were 2nd rounders, so it's unfair to expect all gems from that group. But still, the best player out of Donnie's entire draft history is Jae Crowder. 8 years of picks with not a single player to show for it. So while the Mavs couldn't have picked a Curry or Griffin, they could have had:

Steve Novak, Paul Millsap, Glen Davis, Josh McRoberts, Marc Gasol, Ramon Sessions, Taj Gibson, DeJuan Blair, Jonas Jerebko, Patrick Beverley, Marcus Thornton, Chase Budinger, Danny Green, Patty Mills, Jimmy Butler, Chandler Parsons, Isaiah Thomas, Miles Plumlee, and Draymond Green.

That's a lot of decent or in a few cases elite talent that Donnie missed out on from the last few picks of the 1st round and the entire 2nd round over the last 9 years. The fact that he didn't hit on even one of those guys and opted for the other bums is astounding.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mavs have such a poor track record with the draft for two reasons- mostly low picks and Donnie's poor drafting skills.

Maurice Ager, Danilo Pinnock, Nick Fazekas, Renald Seibutis, Shan Foster, Roddy Beaubois, Ahmad Nivins, Solomon Alabi, Jordan Hamilton, Tanguy Ngombo, Jared Cunningham, Bernard James, Jae Crowder, and Shane Larkin.

Some of those guys were 2nd rounders, so it's unfair to expect all gems from that group. But still, the best player out of Donnie's entire draft history is Jae Crowder. 8 years of picks with not a single player to show for it. So while the Mavs couldn't have picked a Curry or Griffin, they could have had:

Steve Novak, Paul Millsap, Glen Davis, Josh McRoberts, Marc Gasol, Ramon Sessions, Taj Gibson, DeJuan Blair, Jonas Jerebko, Patrick Beverley, Marcus Thornton, Chase Budinger, Danny Green, Patty Mills, Jimmy Butler, Chandler Parsons, Isaiah Thomas, Miles Plumlee, and Draymond Green.

Sorry man, but that first list is absolutely brutal. I didn't see a quality player amongst the whole group. Most of the players on the second list would be appealing for any team. Gasol, Draymond Green, Parsons, and Beverly are no brainers in my opinion. Every team would want. Your post spells it out clearly, that the opportunities for quality players are indeed there, just gotta pick the right guy and put in work to develop.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry man, but that first list is absolutely brutal. I didn't see a quality player amongst the whole group. Most of the players on the second list would be appealing for any team. Gasol, Draymond Green, Parsons, and Beverly are no brainers in my opinion. Every team would want. Your post spells it out clearly, that the opportunities for quality players are indeed there, just gotta pick the right guy and put in work to develop.

In all fairness to Donnie, the Mavs were mostly in win-now mode over the last 10 years, so their draft strategy was often to trade down or pick a foreign player to stash overseas. Still, the Spurs were able to find multiple late-draft guys who contributed as role players on championship teams. I see no reason why Donnie couldn't have plucked at least one or two guys from that better list to help the Mavs win now. Hindsight is 20/20, but there were at least 4 or 5 guys on that good list who Donnie passed on which made me and a ton of others really mad the second he did it. Draymond Green is one specifically I wanted because of how dominant he was and how well he would have fit their needs, but Donnie inexplicably took Sarge instead.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RC has really dropped the ball in this series. He's left Dirk and Amar'e out there on Smith and Howard for too long too many times.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk misses a 3 that would have brought us to within 3, then fouls a below 50% FT shooter and let's Smith get the shot off :L

At least a 5 point swing. Dirk absolutely kills us now.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ellis is not a winner. What the hell was that? You had 6.7 seconds left dude. If you aren't gonna shoot a three, then you sure as fuck don't settle for that jumper. Get your ass to the basket and draw some contact man.

His inbound was pretty bad too. This team needs a lot of help to be a contender next year.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The no call on Howard when he pushed Harris into the bench that led to a 3 turns into an even bigger play after we lose by 2.

They showed a lot of heart but every time Dirk and Amar'e are on the floor together trying to guard their big 2 the game gets away from us.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ellis is not a winner. What the hell was that? You had 6.7 seconds left dude. If you aren't gonna shoot a three, then you sure as fuck don't settle for that jumper. Get your ass to the basket and draw some contact man.

His inbound was pretty bad too. This team needs a lot of help to be a contender next year.

They won't make the playoffs next year. Parsons is probably going to miss half the year. I bet we lose Tyson, and I'm not sure if we're interested in re-signing Monta anymore. Dragic and Wesley Matthews is where I would focus my attention. Maybe Monroe if Tyson leaves.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You give up 130 you're gonna lose most of the time

Absolutely no fucking defensive effort from most

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You give up 130 you're gonna lose most of the time

Absolutely no fucking defensive effort from most

This, especially in the playoffs. Giving up 130 is an embarrassment. That is just lack of effort. Even the worst defensive team would allow less than that with intense effort on D. So many players have reached personal bests against the Mavs... Harden tonight with his playoff career high. They're such a far cry from the 2011 Mavs. I hate to say it, but even Tyson looks less effective on D. Aminu is the only hustle defender they have.