• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DAK PRESCOTT

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all backups in, it is wise not puting Romo on the field. We all know hes an injury risk so why would you even consider playing him with inferior protection? Maybe you're secretly hoping hed get hurt one more time so the team will HAVE to be done with him.
sorry, but thats a stupid comment

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry, but thats a stupid comment
I knew it was before I typed it, just cant understand your stance that Romo should play behind a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers. If he wasn't a major injury risk I'd agree he should play, but putting him out there with 1/2 a team odds are more bad than good will come out of it. Reasons to pkay him are 1. See if he's a capable backup, 2. Showcase his trade value. If he goes out there without real talent it will hard to tell if hes capable or not, and its highly possible he plays bad enough he has no trade value. Not to mention if hes hurt behind that lesser talent he WON'T be the best BU in the league and he'll bring ZERO in a trade. I've always thought you were one of the smarter posters here, but not in this instance. Could he go out there with the rest of the BUs and prove hes ready? Yes, but IMO odds would be stacked against him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew it was before I typed it, just cant understand your stance that Romo should play behind a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers. If he wasn't a major injury risk I'd agree he should play, but putting him out there with 1/2 a team odds are more bad than good will come out of it. Reasons to pkay him are 1. See if he's a capable backup, 2. Showcase his trade value. If he goes out there without real talent it will hard to tell if hes capable or not, and its highly possible he plays bad enough he has no trade value. Not to mention if hes hurt behind that lesser talent he WON'T be the best BU in the league and he'll bring ZERO in a trade. I've always thought you were one of the smarter posters here, but not in this instance. Could he go out there with the rest of the BUs and prove hes ready? Yes, but IMO odds would be stacked against him.

You guys are so hung up on the wrong stuff. The reason to play him is to get him ready to play if needed. That's it. Trade value is nowhere on the horizon when you are trying to win a SB and I don't even get to "see if he's a capable backup" or to prove he's ready. It's to get ready if called upon. He's Tony Romo. Of course he's a capable backup. The team **cough**Jerry*** cough is still stating they want him back next year. Regardless, they are not thinking about next year and what he might bring in a trade. As far as the negatives, if he gets hurt that would suck, but so be it. It's NFL Football, not bridge at the Senior Center.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Adam Caplan reports Mark Sanchez is expected to get the "majority" of the Cowboys' reps at quarterback on Sunday.

It's looking more and more like Dak Prescott and company will only play a few series. The Cowboys understandably want their young players to maintain momentum heading into the postseason, but there's too much for the 13-2 team to lose. Sanchez will be a YOLO/minimum option in DFS leagues.

Play Dak a few series, but not Tony...Makes sense...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are so hung up on the wrong stuff. The reason to play him is to get him ready to play if needed. That's it. Trade value is nowhere on the horizon when you are trying to win a SB and I don't even get to "see if he's a capable backup" or to prove he's ready. It's to get ready if called upon. He's Tony Romo. Of course he's a capable backup. The team **cough**Jerry*** cough is still stating they want him back next year. Regardless, they are not thinking about next year and what he might bring in a trade. As far as the negatives, if he gets hurt that would suck, but so be it. It's NFL Football, not bridge at the Senior Center.
OK, how does he get game ready if he's on his back all game? I think we'll all agree he needs to play, the question is how much protection and weapons are you gonna give him. If he was a young rook, with little or no playing time I say yes put him in with the other BU's, and take my chances he's not hurt, but we all know Romo is a hard slide from the IR.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Adam Caplan reports Mark Sanchez is expected to get the "majority" of the Cowboys' reps at quarterback on Sunday.

It's looking more and more like Dak Prescott and company will only play a few series. The Cowboys understandably want their young players to maintain momentum heading into the postseason, but there's too much for the 13-2 team to lose. Sanchez will be a YOLO/minimum option in DFS leagues.

I betting Dak plays a few plays with the starters (Minus Smith), if Romo gets that same line up by all means put him in there.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J is hard on my guy - I know that , but I do understand his point. Nobody knew how this season was gonna turn out after Romo went down, but I would bet there was some hesitation to let him play vs Seattle- a game that didn't matter- without his best Olinemen. Turned out it was a blessing in disguise. Those first few weeks were probably a little icy though around that place considering what happened last year. 18 weeks later we are 13-2. Everything I have read though says he basically puts on a clinic in practice with how accurate he is. I know it's just practice. People that go to the games say it's crazy watching them warm up and the difference in Daks velocity compared to Romos. Of course that could be because they warm up different. People use to say Orton would make Romo so mad during practice because he would talk shit at how much better he could make a certain pass. Who knows ?

He hasn't played in a long time - I get it. Mo has been out for a long time as well. We are gonna throw him out there without a tune game too. I know different positions. I think back to 93 and Kosar coming off the bench for Aikman in the second half vs the 49ers. Kosar had played a little during the year- not well. That second half he was pretty damn good. When you have this OLine and capable RBs - that's some great pieces to lean on if it looks a little shaky. Just my opinion. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong here. I just don't like to see Romo degraded that's all.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's all hope all of this is a non issue and we see how the offseason plays out after a SB victory

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J is hard on my guy - I know that , but I do understand his point. Nobody knew how this season was gonna turn out after Romo went down, but I would bet there was some hesitation to let him play vs Seattle- a game that didn't matter- without his best Olinemen. Turned out it was a blessing in disguise. Those first few weeks were probably a little icy though around that place considering what happened last year. 18 weeks later we are 13-2. Everything I have read though says he basically puts on a clinic in practice with how accurate he is. I know it's just practice. People that go to the games say it's crazy watching them warm up and the difference in Daks velocity compared to Romos. Of course that could be because they warm up different. People use to say Orton would make Romo so mad during practice because he would talk shit at how much better he could make a certain pass. Who knows ?

He hasn't played in a long time - I get it. Mo has been out for a long time as well. We are gonna throw him out there without a tune game too. I know different positions. I think back to 93 and Kosar coming off the bench for Aikman in the second half vs the 49ers. Kosar had played a little during the year- not well. That second half he was pretty damn good. When you have this OLine and capable RBs - that's some great pieces to lean on if it looks a little shaky. Just my opinion. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong here. I just don't like to see Romo degraded that's all.

Romo needs to play. You have to prepare for the worst case senerio when it comes to the superbowl!! He needs to shake off the rust whether it be one quarter or a whole game. Next year is next year. It is playoff time. Get everyone ready!!!

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OURCES: ROMO EXPECTED TO PLAY SUNDAY
i

Tony Romo is expected to see action for the first time since Thanksgiving 2015 when the Cowboys end the 2016 regular season Sunday against the Eagles, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter and Todd Archer. Dak Prescott will start.

Well that ends that!!! Great!!!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like you get your wish bud. It will be fun to see him one last time

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, how does he get game ready if he's on his back all game? I think we'll all agree he needs to play, the question is how much protection and weapons are you gonna give him. If he was a young rook, with little or no playing time I say yes put him in with the other BU's, and take my chances he's not hurt, but we all know Romo is a hard slide from the IR.
Well, then I don't understand most of the responses on the topic if we all agree on that.

It's not a perfect situation and bad things could happen. But the fact is that he IS a backup. I'm much more worried about Dak getting hurt even if it seems less likely to happen. Heck, think about it factually for a second. There are probably 30 guys that would hurt this teams chances more if they got hurt right now than Romo. No one wants him to get hurt, but if he does it likely doesn't change anything about our season. The goal is playoff advancement and Romo with one series is more ready than Romo with no snaps IF NEEDED and it grows from there with each snap. I probably would have played him last week for a series but I understand fully why we didn't.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OURCES: ROMO EXPECTED TO PLAY SUNDAY
i

Tony Romo is expected to see action for the first time since Thanksgiving 2015 when the Cowboys end the 2016 regular season Sunday against the Eagles, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter and Todd Archer. Dak Prescott will start.

Well that ends that!!! Great!!!
Wow, unexpected.

Whatever happens it will be nice to see Romo out there. I know a lot of you have already written off any chance for him to play again with this team after this season. If I had to guess I would say he is a Cowboy next year, but it will still be a special moment for me to see him run out there and line up behind center even if the game is meaningless. If he gets hurt it will be an "i told you so" moment for many, but that's misguided IMO. You play the odds, but you know they are only odds, not guarantees. Life is a crapshoot. If he plays like shit it will be good we got it out of the way and if he plays well it will be another bullet in our arsenal come playoff time.

I hope he plays. I can't wait to see him. But, I really wish it was a home game. I think that would have really made it special.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you get your wish bud. It will be fun to see him one last time
It would be a moment to remember forever if it happened at home. I think the crowd would have gone absolutely crazy watching him run out there

I still think this will make Romo feel more part of the team. If you watch him on the sideline he just isn't the same guy. He doesn't interact with anyone and his body language seems to say he isn't comfortable being there. I don't think it's that he doesn't care and he is obviously following the game closely. I think it's just that he doesn't know what he's supposed to do right now and feels like the spotlight is on him and there is nothing he can do about it. I think running onto the field (even if in a meaningless game) will bring back some of that old Tony Romo and I think he will look much more engaged in the playoffs if he plays a bit.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, unexpected.

Whatever happens it will be nice to see Romo out there. I know a lot of you have already written off any chance for him to play again with this team after this season. If I had to guess I would say he is a Cowboy next year, but it will still be a special moment for me to see him run out there and line up behind center even if the game is meaningless. If he gets hurt it will be an "i told you so" moment for many, but that's misguided IMO. You play the odds, but you know they are only odds, not guarantees. Life is a crapshoot. If he plays like shit it will be good we got it out of the way and if he plays well it will be another bullet in our arsenal come playoff time.

I hope he plays. I can't wait to see him. But, I really wish it was a home game. I think that would have really made it special.
No, you're wrong Bro. If he gets hurt, no real Cowboys fan will be looking for an I told you so if Romo goes down .Hoping he has a great game

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I betting Dak plays a few plays with the starters (Minus Smith), if Romo gets that same line up by all means put him in there.
I think that is what will happen. Maybe not Zeke or Dez, but the OL will stay in while Romo is there IMO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you're wrong Bro. If he gets hurt, no real Cowboys fan will be looking for an I told you so if Romo goes down .Hoping he has a great game
I think you are misreading what I'm saying. I don't mean they will be happy. I mean they will be angry and say something like "i knew playing him was the bad decision".

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are misreading what I'm saying. I don't mean they will be happy. I mean they will be angry and say something like "i knew playing him was the bad decision".
Hopefully we won't have to worry about it. I think seeing Tyron limp off the field last week got Dak, Zeke and several others a little more sideline time this weekend

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is what will happen. Maybe not Zeke or Dez, but the OL will stay in while Romo is there IMO
I'd have no issues with this, and was gonna post that I think thats the game plan. Dak and Zeke play a series or two then Romo finishes the 1/2 with Sanchise plaing the 2nd half. Now that you mention Dez, yes I think he too sits early.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I willing to bet if the team tries to pull Witten when Romo is playing Witten gives Garrett the middle finger.