• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DAK PRESCOTT

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's a backup who hasn't played in over a year. he needs snaps. If he gets hurt that stinks, but that is Football. Need to do what is best for the team and I worrying about a backup getting hurt is way down on the list for this team I'm sure

I guess right now he has an undetermined value based on being "healthy" and if he stays that way, he may bring value in a trade. I don't know what a potentially healthy Tony nets you but it is more than if he suffers a career ending injury I guess?

That said I understand playing Tony, who is the backup with the idea in mind of keeping your starter healthy. Football happens and injuries are unfortunate but its just the nature of the game, so play the backup for a half and hope for the best for him.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's a backup who hasn't played in over a year. he needs snaps. If he gets hurt that stinks, but that is Football. Need to do what is best for the team and I worrying about a backup getting hurt is way down on the list for this team I'm sure
He's a backup who we need to know if he's ready to play. Sticking him in with nothing but 2nd and 3rd stringers tells us nothing. We dont know if he can take a hit or not but by not giving him some protection those hits will come early and often, possibly lwaving us Sanchise.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping he would get that final snap tonight. I would love to hear that crowd give him the send off he deserves. Maybe he will get it in the playoffs. Then again maybe it's not that important to some people. If they want to use him as a piece of meat next week so be it. I'm sure he will welcome the opportunity to just get a chance to play. He has played good guy through this whole thing. JJ is going to reward him for it too. Instead of trading him, my bet is he grants him his release and let's him choose where he wants to go.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones does not want Romo to take a snap in Sunday's Week 17 finale against the Philadelphia Eagles, either.

"Because I don't like the circumstance it would come under, which would be injury," Jones said before stepping onto the elevator to his suite after the game.

I find this to be a huge mistake.

They only thing that gets you ready to take hits in the NFL is to get hit in the NFL.
Do you think anyone is going after Romo in practice with in game intensity?

Is Romo slow?, is he stiff?, does his ball have zip?, can he take a hit and still hold on to the ball?.
If you see problems with Romo in the Philly game it cost you nothing. If you see problems with Romo in the playoffs, it might cost you everything.

Romo better be in Jerry's office this morning demanding he gets some snaps.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones does not want Romo to take a snap in Sunday's Week 17 finale against the Philadelphia Eagles, either.

"Because I don't like the circumstance it would come under, which would be injury," Jones said before stepping onto the elevator to his suite after the game.

They only thing that gets you ready to take hits in the NFL is to get hit in the NFL.

Is Romo slow?, is he stiff?, does his ball have zip?, can he take a hit and still hold on to the ball?.
If you see problems with Romo in the Philly game it cost you nothing. If you see problems with Romo in the playoffs, it might cost you everything.

Totally agree and if I'm Romo I want to play and it's not like he is getting many snaps with the first team Offense in practice anyway. I'd want to show everyone I can still play and I want to feel part of the team and I bet he'd feel amazing after hearing the fans cheer for him like we just won a SB when he runs out onto the field. The odds are we won't need him, but people are saying sitting Dak would be a problem because it would disrupt his rhythm and he has played every snap. What does that say for Romo??? He's going to come off the bench in a two minute offense in a playoff game and play at a high level after not throwing a pass in a game in well over a year??? That one drive, if it happens, could be our entire season. Romo needs to play Football or he should not be the #2 QB. He should have played the last series last night too IMO, but it's been made to be such a big deal now that I think Garrett kind of shied away from that aspect.

And if we are sitting him because we are worried about his trade value, then shame on us for not doing everything possible to win this year. You never know if it's another 20 years before you go in with HFA. Trade value for a backup versus having your backup QB ready if needed is a big difference.

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see their point, though I would play Romo the second half, not for his reps, but to protect Dak. Zeke, TSmith, Martin, Fredrick, Dez, Witten....if it were me, I'd tell every backup on the roster to be ready to bow up for a half of football Sunday

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo would shred the Broncos secondary for 500 yds . He doesn't need to play

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree and if I'm Romo I want to play and it's not like he is getting many snaps with the first team Offense in practice anyway. I'd want to show everyone I can still play and I want to feel part of the team and I bet he'd feel amazing after hearing the fans cheer for him like we just won a SB when he runs out onto the field. The odds are we won't need him, but people are saying sitting Dak would be a problem because it would disrupt his rhythm and he has played every snap. What does that say for Romo??? He's going to come off the bench in a two minute offense in a playoff game and play at a high level after not throwing a pass in a game in well over a year??? That one drive, if it happens, could be our entire season. Romo needs to play Football or he should not be the #2 QB. He should have played the last series last night too IMO, but it's been made to be such a big deal now that I think Garrett kind of shied away from that aspect.

And if we are sitting him because we are worried about his trade value, then shame on us for not doing everything possible to win this year. You never know if it's another 20 years before you go in with HFA. Trade value for a backup versus having your backup QB ready if needed is a big difference.

Exactly,

Don't you want the guy to come into that insanely intimidating scenario with at least a recent 2nd half of football under his belt?

Instead of an "Oh shit" it's a "I got this"

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly,

Don't you want the guy to come into that insanely intimidating scenario with at least a recent 2nd half of football under his belt?

Instead of an "Oh shit" it's a "I got this"

Come on RJ , it's never an Oh shit from Romo. It's always I got this.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo would shred the Broncos secondary for 500 yds . He doesn't need to play

If there is a QB out there who was out the entire regular season gets the call and make it look like he never missed a snap... it's Romo. No question.

But just because he can, does not mean he should.

It's just downside management.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on RJ , it's never an Oh shit from Romo. It's always I got this.

I understand what you are saying ..Romo was never short on confidence. But a little boost sure won't hurt.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you are saying ..Romo was never short on confidence. But a little boost sure won't hurt.

I could be wrong here , but he looks checked out to me. I did see him on the IPad thing some last night and had the headset on. I saw him give Zeke a high 5 after a TD. I just don't see him into it like I've seen him in the past. I never see him talk to Wit anymore. He is sort of a loner on the sidelines.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Worst owner ever.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. Let Romo play. He is ready. It will also showcase him for other teams.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jerry has his head up his ass as usual. If Dak is your future, why put him out there on Sunday day? You would rather risk injury to your starting franchise QB then the back up? I think Jerry is not sold on Dak and is still Partial to Romo. Just dumb!! Let Romo play to show other teams he still has it. Hell he can get injured in practice. The Romo ship has sailed in Dallas. The more this idiot gets it the better. Jerry you f'd up the back up QB for years. Just shut the bleep up!!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Let Romo play. He is ready. It will also showcase him for other teams.
Not if he's playing with 10 other backups. If thats the case playing could 1. Get him injured or 2. Drop his trade stock. Let him play withvtge starters and see what he looks like.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if he's playing with 10 other backups. If thats the case playing could 1. Get him injured or 2. Drop his trade stock. Let him play withvtge starters and see what he looks like.
Yes with some starters.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just never shuts the fuck up

Jerry Jones now wants to keep Tony Romo on the Cowboys' bench
Dak Prescott's phenomenal rookie season continued on Monday against the Lions

When Tony Romo went down with a back injury in the preseason, Cowboysowner and general manager Jerry Jones said the veteran quarterback would regain his job when healthy. That was before any of us knew just how good rookie Dak Prescott was going to be. Now, four months later, Prescott is the clear No. 1, a reality even Jones has come to grips with.

Prisco's Musings
On the heels of a convincing 42-21 win over the Lions, a game in which Prescott was an efficient 15 of 20 for 212 yards and three touchdowns, and with one meaningless game in the regular season remaining, Jones said there are no plans to get Romo back onto the field.

And why not?

"Because I don't like the circumstance it would come under, which would be injury," Jones said, via ESPN.com.

Jones added that there were no plans to play Romo against the Lions, even though the game was well in hand late, and some fans were chanting, "We want Romo!"

"We don't feel like that any game we'd get for him that him stepping out there running a few plays or series would be worth the risk," Jones explained.

So why no plans to rest Prescott next week against the Eagles, like other teams with their playoff fates decided will do?

"Look at what Dak Prescott learned tonight and what's now in his computer that wasn't there before tonight in terms of working with Dez [Bryant] in terms of executing the offense," Jones said. "With him being a rookie, we really need all these reps he can get, including any reps we get this week and next week, because we want him to be as educated and as well-prepared and have as much as experience as he can when we get in the playoffs."

Prescott agreed.

"I want to play every game," the rookie said. "I want to keep the momentum going. Any reps I can get is making myself better."

It's hard to imagine the Cowboys (13-2) would be any better with Romo under center, whether for the entire season or something less than that. And while there is still much to be decided in the 2016 season, things will really get interesting in the offseason, when the Cowboys and the 36-year-old Romo will have some decisions to make about his future in Dallas.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak looked fantastic against the Lions. If he continues to play at that level, the Cowboys will go to the Super Bowl IMO