• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DAK PRESCOTT

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WATCH: 'The Legend of Dak Prescott', legacy of Cowboys rookie
Take a walk through the roots of Dallas Cowboys rookie Dak Prescott, and see what truly makes him so special.

64925582.png

The 2016 season is clearly something special for the Dallas Cowboys and it has a lot to do with quarterback Dak Prescott.

With so many doubting him at every level of his life, Prescott has again seized the opportunity to prove the world wrong and is making those who've supported him all of these years beam with pride. On Sunday, the rookie took the Cleveland Browns to school and took ownership of new franchise records along the way.

The Cowboys are 7-1 after manhandling the Browns! Don’t miss any breaking news, take a second to sign up for our FREE Cowboys newsletter!

But just who is Rayne Dakota Prescott?

Jade McCarthy of ESPN took a journey through the legacy that he's already formed in his life thus far, giving a glimpse into the one he's forming for the future:

"She [late mother Peggy Prescott] would be up here right now telling us, 'I told you so I told you he was gonna play quarterback with the Cowboys." said Prescott's Haughton High School football coach Jason Brotherton, with an endearing grin.

It's clear Prescott is everything the NFL needs in a role model, and everything the Cowboys love in a leader.

And when asked what Prescott's late mother would say of her baby boy now, there could be no doubt she'd be all smiles.

"She [mother Peggy Prescott] would say she's proud," said other former high school coach Rodney Guin, fighting back tears. "And we all are."

Kid is playing at a damn high level, for a veteran QB, much less a rookie QB!

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a good guy and good player. It still blows my mind at what he has done this year. It's crazy to think about al the polls of who is the most important Cowboy/ Who is the best Cowboy , etc. Romo took them all before the season. Yesterday Garrett was talking about how well Joe Looney - a backup Olineman had been playing. My man hasn't even taken a snap. If he watched the games yesterday it had to make him sick at watching all the shitty QB play and he can't even get on the field. Since he has started dressing, I haven't seen him smile nearly as much.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's clear Prescott is everything the NFL needs in a role model, and everything the Cowboys love in a leader"

Onward Dak!
10-1 Baby!

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a smoking hot Playboy model too for a girlfriend

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to like that Dak is dedicated to his family and football. it's hard to fault him for playing smart football and not taking chances,yet he is not a game manager. he is a natural leader teams have film on him,but the fact remains he is a pocket passer who can run for big chunks if needed. hard to game plan that.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys won the lottery this year with Dak/Zeke. One thing I would do IF the Cowboys wrap up homefield before week 17....let Dak play one series the last game, then give Romo the rest of the game. Let Tony throw for 300 and a few TD's to get sharp, then when the off-season rolls around and Denver or the Jets call offering a 4th rounder, tell them nah, we think we will keep him...unless the offer is a late 1st or early 2nd

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys won the lottery this year with Dak/Zeke. One thing I would do IF the Cowboys wrap up homefield before week 17....let Dak play one series the last game, then give Romo the rest of the game. Let Tony throw for 300 and a few TD's to get sharp, then when the off-season rolls around and Denver or the Jets call offering a 4th rounder, tell them nah, we think we will keep him...unless the offer is a late 1st or early 2nd
Or let Dak play a series or two. Let Romo play most of the game and then let Sanchez mop it up in the 4th Qtr unless Romo looks really sloppy and rusty and looks like he needs more snaps.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think Romo will get some snaps in the final home game of the regular season. I hope so.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this was a good talking point with the local media heads this morning should Dallas beat NYG. One guy said no to Romo, not worth it, roll with butt fumble. While I agree with the other two who said if you're in it to win it, then you give the normal allowable time to the back up when home field is clinched. Romo hasn't played in over a year. I'd like to see him play a lttle in week 16 and start/play the entire game against Philly. Only real problem with that is philly and Romo playing large part with second teamers.

I don't think you change the back up QB playing rules cause it's Tony Romo. I play him when I can knowing should Prescott get hurt in a playoff game, I'm not rolling butt fumble out there

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the final home game so he can say good bye. Just the last few snaps.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way he plays a whole game with the starters.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo should get no special treatment. He's the back up. He should be treated as such. Whole game against Philly if nothing is on the line.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo should get no special treatment. He's the back up. He should be treated as such. Whole game against Philly if nothing is on the line.
The key is preparing this team for the playoffs. If Dak gets hurt in a playoff game Romo needs to be ready to play. The best way to do that is to give him some snaps and we will do so once seeding is decided. He isn't a figurehead. He is a Football player and I think he finally feels part of the team again. He was a totally different guy last game. Immediately after the first drive he was talking to Dak and I don't think that was just for the cameras. Also, was talking to Elliott at one point and seemed to be "into the game" for the first time in a while. I'm sure there is a lot of good advice he can give Dak to help him not just down the road, but right now. It was good to see the old Romo that we like so much back and the old Romo wants to get on the field whenever possible.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't say he deserved special treatment dumb ass. I said take one fucking snap st the end of the final regular season home game. Don't be so fucking stupid. The guy isn't a Top 10 Cowboy for nothing. Do you actually think he wants to be in Dallas next yr? It may be his last game there, unless he walks in there next yr. and kicks our ass.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key is preparing this team for the playoffs. If Dak gets hurt in a playoff game Romo needs to be ready to play. The best way to do that is to give him some snaps and we will do so once seeding is decided. He isn't a figurehead. He is a Football player and I think he finally feels part of the team again. He was a totally different guy last game. Immediately after the first drive he was talking to Dak and I don't think that was just for the cameras. Also, was talking to Elliott at one point and seemed to be "into the game" for the first time in a while. I'm sure there is a lot of good advice he can give Dak to help him not just down the road, but right now. It was good to see the old Romo that we like so much back and the old Romo wants to get on the field whenever possible.

Figurehead- lol. He is a freaking legend. Not engaged in the game. I'm glad you think you know what's going through his mind. You even describing him as thin skinned is laughable

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say he deserved special treatment dumb ass. I said take one fucking snap st the end of the final regular season home game. Don't be so fucking stupid. The guy isn't a Top 10 Cowboy for nothing. Do you actually think he wants to be in Dallas next yr? It may be his last game there, unless he walks in there next yr. and kicks our ass.
Check your fucking tone with me you Romo blowhard. I didn't even really address you at all. I was making a general statement. If I was talking directely to you, you would fucking know it because I would have quoted you.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figurehead- lol. He is a freaking legend. Not engaged in the game. I'm glad you think you know what's going through his mind. You even describing him as thin skinned is laughable
Legend is a little strong LOL. Staubach is a Legend. Danny White is not. Romo is Danny White, which isn't an insult

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check your fucking tone with me you Romo blowhard. I didn't even really address you at all. I was making a general statement. If I was talking directely to you, you would fucking know it because I would have quoted you.

If only