• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dadi Nicolas was suspended indefinately

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ekanem was the only 4 star DE we got last year. I really don't care about losing a 3rd string DB when VT recruits so well at that position. I haven't read that the coaches were all that impressed with Norman anyway but I did hear praise for Nicolas

Jarontay Jones?

Also, fuck star ratings, look at offer lists.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
every keeps saying "loosing". IMO he'll be back, maybe in a little "hot water" but he'll be back.

I cant name a single VT player who was permanently dismissed for their first incident.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As of now Dadi is "Suspended indefinitely" do not count him out just yet, let all the facts come out and see what happens.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if the felony sticks, he will not be back .. but i seriously doubt it will stick. he'll be back. yes -- he would be a bigger loss than norman because he has made his way up through the depth chart but we would manage. he hasn't played a snap. it's not like we're losing james gayle or collins or exum .. it's a 3rd stringer .. it would hurt but we're fine on the DL

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe the state needs to some felony limits. $200 isn't what it used to be, and nobody should be going to jail for over a year based on that amount on a first offense!

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Maybe the state needs to some felony limits. $200 isn't what it used to be, and nobody should be going to jail for over a year based on that amount on a first offense!

They rarely get jail time on a first larceny offense. And talk to the legislature about changing what qualifies as grand larceny as opposed to petit larceny.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They rarely get jail time on a first larceny offense. And talk to the legislature about changing what qualifies as grand larceny as opposed to petit larceny.

Petit Larceny?

Oh hon hon, monsieur Rocco. I had no idea you studied law at UVA.

Also, it depends on what fiefdom in Virginia you're tried. If it's Botetourt County you might get the death penalty. I know I almost did for going 80+ in their BS 55 MPH zone (it was a reckless driving charge that turned into 50 hours community service, driving school, three months suspended license and a $250 fine + court costs). I also fought a ticket near Heathsville, VA and I knew I was fucked when they brought in a poor, dried-out sod from county lock-up who was in fucking chains for shoplifting a $0.55 candy bar.

He got three months.

EDIT: Holy fuck, it IS Petit Larceny. WTF? I thought it was petty? Why are we getting all french in our Virginia penal code?

Last edited by a moderator:

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

why does everyone keep saying they need to change the laws?? here's a novel idea...DON'T BREAK THE LAW....

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fooz is really just Jeffro fucking with us. Come clean Jeffro!:pound:

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Petit Larceny?

Oh hon hon, monsieur Rocco. I had no idea you studied law at UVA.

Also, it depends on what fiefdom in Virginia you're tried. If it's Botetourt County you might get the death penalty. I know I almost did for going 80+ in their BS 55 MPH zone (it was a reckless driving charge that turned into 50 hours community service, driving school, three months suspended license and a $250 fine + court costs). I also fought a ticket near Heathsville, VA and I knew I was fucked when they brought in a poor, dried-out sod from county lock-up who was in fucking chains for shoplifting a $0.55 candy bar.

He got three months.

EDIT: Holy fuck, it IS Petit Larceny. WTF? I thought it was petty? Why are we getting all french in our Virginia penal code?

UVA's law school would never let me darken their halls. My parents aren't old money.

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
why does everyone keep saying they need to change the laws?? here's a novel idea...DON'T BREAK THE LAW....

Because they really do need to change the larceny standards. And he shouldn't be stealing things. So both statements are true.

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they really do need to change the larceny standards. And he shouldn't be stealing things. So both statements are true.

i disagree 100%....larceny is larceny...i don't give a crap if it's 200 or 2000....if you don't like the punishment for stealing...then don't steal...

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i disagree 100%....larceny is larceny...i don't give a crap if it's 200 or 2000....if you don't like the punishment for stealing...then don't steal...

Well, yes. That is true. However we're talking about statutes passed in 1950 when things were valued differently. And it does matter, as there are different punishments depending on what you still. Petit larceny is misdemeanor and12 months in jail max. Grand larceny (over $200) is a felony and 20 years max. That's a significant difference. No one is saying that it should be legal to steal things as long as it's less than $200.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

My point wasn't what someone ends up with, but that he was charged with a felony. This is generally a crime for which the sentence is more than a year. This is a big difference from a misdemeanor. It's just a different classification, and $200 is pretty petit (and petty).

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, yes. That is true. However we're talking about statutes passed in 1950 when things were valued differently. And it does matter, as there are different punishments depending on what you still. Petit larceny is misdemeanor and12 months in jail max. Grand larceny (over $200) is a felony and 20 years max. That's a significant difference. No one is saying that it should be legal to steal things as long as it's less than $200.

i get what you're saying. but i disagree with you is all i'm saying. punishments SHOULD be harsh. it doesn't matter that the value of money has changed...a crime is a crime..and it should come with a steep penalty.

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i get what you're saying. but i disagree with you is all i'm saying. punishments SHOULD be harsh. it doesn't matter that the value of money has changed...a crime is a crime..and it should come with a steep penalty.

Trespassing should be punishable by death then?

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trespassing should be punishable by death then?

oh wow...so we're gonna be childish? what i was saying is there are laws ALREADY IN PLACE for a reason...and IMO..there is absolutely NO reason to make them any more lenient.. If you don't like my opinion..fine..you're entitled to that...but let's be adults.

dngrcnnn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, Federal standards are $400 for grand larceny. New York is anything over $1,000. So Virginia might be a bit behind the times on this one. But it'd be political suicide to try to change it, because people are stupid.

Edit: Well, it's not actually a Federal law I don't think. But it is generally $400.

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ne1 know what happened with Dadi in court yesterday?