• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dadi Nicolas was suspended indefinately

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah good luck to the coaches getting someone as good as him. Sure Hand or Brown would be but they're far from locks. VT is not a program that can afford stuff like this. I would put up with so much shit if I were Beamer. I mean if he likes letting the defense win games for him then he's got to do whatever he can to keep this type of player on the team. Suspend him from team practices for half the year, take the scholarship away for a year, whatever but keep him on the team

i love that he runs the program like that...it's called INTEGRITY....

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"By the time you get to college, you need to know better than to steal a bike."

How about "by the time you get to college, you need to know how to steal a bike better" lol

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok but I hope you enjoy watching another "Drager experiment" down the road

if it means we are running a clean program, i love it. winning means nothing when it's tainted. but anyway...i'm not getting into another tangent with you.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey who didn't hire Steve Haga in college? I did. Haga is the man and got it dismissed.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if it means we are running a clean program, i love it. winning means nothing when it's tainted. but anyway...i'm not getting into another tangent with you.

I agree. I would rather lose in the right way, than win in the wrong way.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah good luck to the coaches getting someone as good as him. Sure Hand or Brown would be but they're far from locks. VT is not a program that can afford stuff like this. I would put up with so much shit if I were Beamer. I mean if he likes letting the defense win games for him then he's got to do whatever he can to keep this type of player on the team. Suspend him from team practices for half the year, take the scholarship away for a year, whatever but keep him on the team

????
And this is based on what? A good spring? Your film study? We have plenty of good ones on board and coming up behind Nicholas.

I don't doubt that Dadi has some significant upside but it is not like people were knocking the doors down to get him. Will (would) he be good? probably, great?? Not so sure about that. We are starting to recruit the D-Line pretty well, We have turned Gayle into a moster, Recruited a highly touted McCray, Collins, Marshall, etc. We will get our fair share of DE's. We are fine on D. With or without this guy.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Because he was 3rd string after only 1 year in the program. He was on a faster development path than overrated McCray. Because many DEs have already passed on us this year and Teller might join them. Because once schools really start after Brown and Hand next year they might be off the table too. Recruiting on both lines has been an uphill battle and will continue to be because VT has almost no one in the league

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Every good program is tainted it's only a matter of how much

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L I'm glad you're not Beamer.

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Beamer tried that before. It resulted in the abortion that was the 2003 team and Marcus Vick.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You people are ridiculous. You can't lose one recruiting battle after another and expect to shrug something like this off. This is how 2010 defenses happen.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You people are ridiculous. You can't lose one recruiting battle after another and expect to shrug something like this off. This is how 2010 defenses happen.

By your standards Dadi should be too small and nowhere near highly recruited enough to compete for a big name program anyways. Just another one of our guys that nobody else wanted right?

slntkilla

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is lost for the season or off the team it is a big loss IMO

Unless the courts reduce it to a misdemeanor, I'm not sure if Weaver will reinstate a felon (seeing as the charge is currently a felony).

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No you are ridiculous. The marketing arm of our UNIVERSITY, does not need the reputation of putting up with criminal behavior.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you are ridiculous. The marketing arm of our UNIVERSITY, does not need the reputation of putting up with criminal behavior.

And putting up with it leads to more of it. I want the rest of the team very scared of what will happen to them if they go out and do something stupid.

Not to say Dadi wouldn't be a big loss. He certainly would be. And I hope this turns out to be a much smaller deal than we're fearing, gets plead down, and he's readmitted to the team. For his sake as well as ours. But if it doesn't, that's life. We shouldn't sacrifice discipline and integrity for a short term gain. That kind of behavior will always bite you in the long run.