• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CTE

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this talk lately about the NFL and the CTE lawsuit. I wonder how this holds water? You have MMA and boxing where blows to the head are the MO of the sport. How is it that Dana White isn't getting sued? Inherent risk involved with a contact sport. What is going to become of the NFL when all the players want to be bubble wrapped. Continued wussification of sport.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this talk lately about the NFL and the CTE lawsuit. I wonder how this holds water? You have MMA and boxing where blows to the head are the MO of the sport. How is it that Dana White isn't getting sued? Inherent risk involved with a contact sport. What is going to become of the NFL when all the players want to be bubble wrapped. Continued wussification of sport.

Yeah, my thing is, people will complain if the NFL creates more rules to protect players and if they don't, they will get sued by players. If there were a way to play the same without the injuries they'd do it. I also feel that if you didn't think running into each other every play and getting hit in the head repeatedly was going to leave you with some physical damage, you were too damn stupid. You get paid a lot, take a risk, and now, when there are better protocols, people not named Alex Smith, fake like they are ok.

Now, if there's this scan that can eliminate you from playing until it's better, you can bet people who are too unhealthy to play but feel ok will complain about the procedure. You can't operate upon complaints, you have to just pick a side and stick with it. I recommend the side that doesn't get you sued. If fans don't like it, stop watching. Current players have to know that they brought this on themselves and must take solace that they are better for it. Past players, I don't believe you for a second if you told me that you wouldn't have played if you had known or that you didn't or shouldn't have known.

Take away the sport of it, just run yourself into a wall at the same speed for awhile. Do it everyday for years. Why not? Because you'd get hurt? This is the same damn thing - just because it's a sport or you're paid and supervised don't mean your body is any different. I know athlete's attitudes sometimes, when they are told something like how to save money or report concussions, they don't listen. They say it's their money and their business. Their body and their competitiveness will make them play, even if they have to lie about it.

Alex Smith was replaced due to football reasons, but do you think for a second people who are borderline will now be as willing to report symptoms?

Last edited by a moderator: