• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A call for end to Tackle Football for kids.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck getting this to happen in Texas. Because it ain't.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play hockey, kids. Play lacrosse. Just don't pussy out and choose soccer.

If I had had a son, I would not have let him play football as a kid.

Enjoy the game while you can, because in 20 years it will be a shadow of its former self.

kindly GFY :D

I played and I had my far shares of getting knocked out!

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kindly GFY :D

I played and I had my far shares of getting knocked out!

The h.s. I went to had grades 7-12, and they allowed the 7-8 graders practice with us. One day while scrimmaging during practice, I broke away and was going down field full speed with just little Paul M, an 8th grader & me a 12th grader, left on def, I cranked off a shot that went straight at him and hit him in the nose. He went down like a ton of bricks, OUT!.

I still to this day have no idea why he didn't even flinch as the ball came straight at his face.:nod:

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still to this day have no idea why he didn't even flinch as the ball came straight at his face.:nod:

I took a puck square in the mask in hockey on Tuesday. I never even saw it. Shook it off and located the puck right away. This happens every 2-3 weeks to me. Today's goalie helmets are extremely good at protecting your head.

Many years ago, a guy took one from the blue line that I saw all the way. I remember thinking, "That's coming right at my face, so it's over the net and I can duck," which I did. It broke the glass behind me.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The h.s. I went to had grades 7-12, and they allowed the 7-8 graders practice with us. One day while scrimmaging during practice, I broke away and was going down field full speed with just little Paul M, an 8th grader & me a 12th grader, left on def, I cranked off a shot that went straight at him and hit him in the nose. He went down like a ton of bricks, OUT!.

I was drilled in the face from about a foot away with the ball, shot right to the face, hurt like hell.. To make it worse it was a cold/rainy day! Then I reacted to trying to stop a ball from going in the net and hit my head on the goalpost, yup knocked out

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those sports are expensive as fuck.
:dingdingding:

The idea of me playing hockey as a kid, is laughable. I probably would've been laughed at, scolded and had chores added to the already retarded list of chores, just for asking.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also took a ball right to the nuts from 1 foot away.... No cup!

Went out for a few minutes... No sooner then I stepped back onto the pitch.... Wham right in the nuts again!

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also took a ball right to the nuts from 1 foot away.... No cup!

Went out for a few minutes... No sooner then I stepped back onto the pitch.... Wham right in the nuts again!

I've taken a few shots to the twigs and berries. Would rather have the wind knocked out of me instead, which I have also had happen.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've taken a few shots to the twigs and berries. Would rather have the wind knocked out of me instead, which I have also had happen.

Yeah that is one of the worst feelings in the world! I don't know how I didn't throw up!

It was the same kid the 2nd time too... He wasn't trying, just my shit luck!

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might prevent injuries to kids which I'm all for but it won't change the fact that as they get older, they are still forgetting form tackling and launching themselves because it looks cool. Too many guys in the pros going for the big hi-lite hit instead of just getting the guy to the ground, imo.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember playing peewee football. Me and a friend of mine played in one of those uniforms you got in a toy store. I cried a lot back then.
Yea I remember one year me and my brother got those football outfits from the JC Penny catalogue and immediately went out and start running each other over

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started playing tackle football at age 8. The league was 8-12 year olds on the same team. It was fantastic. I played till Freshman year in High School when the coach wouldn't play me because he saw me as too small (I didn't break 100#'s till my Junior year in High School). I was a middle linebacker up until that time...loved hitting people. No brain damage that wasn't caused by my love for the Grateful Dead.

this is nonsense. teach correct form and there isn't much of a problem...that's the problem

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Enjoy the game while you can, because in 20 years it will be a shadow of its former self.

Football just need to remove the helmets like Rugby ..... Helmets make players naturally lead with there heads, take the helmets away and player will stop doing that.. Rugby is a physical tackle sport, and were not hearing of CTE affecting them... Watch how they hit and tackle, they don't smash there heads like NFL players do ...

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw more pussies play lacrosse than soccer. Lacrosse is a girls sport.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hockey has the same issues, doesn't it.. or is it all no checking for youth hockey now ?