• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Credit for Team Wins

Who should get the credit?

• Total voters

zach

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good one Zach. Let me be the first to welcome you to the hoop and provide you with your first rainbow icon. Chances are you'll likely get plenty more. Just sayin
Thanks @NWPATSFAN just thought it had to be said and I like this forum.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very much the team as a whole, coaches, QB, players, GM etc. And every situation is different, GM could be the one in Denver, Coach the one in Carolina, QB the one in GB, overall team talent in Houston.

But it's hard to argue the impact of the QB. Sure greats will have some down years record wise, but there is no QB version of Tony Gonzalez, Joe Thomas, etc... You can basically set your watch to QB play and a teams record. There are outliers, but overall, where's the Joe Montana or Dan Marino with a losing record?

Obviously that becomes less so in the post-season, but that's I think mostly because you've eliminated almost all the bad QB's.. So you have good QB with a good roster vs. good QB with a bad roster.

In the past 4 years, 16 QB's have won playoff games, Brady, Flacco, Wilson, Luck, Peyton, Rodgers, Kaep, Cam, Carson, Ryan, Romo, Brees, Rivers, Big Ben, Alex, and Matt Schaub. Schaub is the worst of that group, and is barely a .500 career QB, who won his only playoff game when he was playing some of his best football of his career and got to face a rookie Dalton in that game. Others there who are hit and miss in the post-season tend to hit when they are playing well and miss when they struggle (Flacco, Kaep, Ryan, Alex)..

Again, don't take this as it has to be 100% every time, but look at the teams that have won the most over the past 10 or so years and you can name them by their QB's. Look at the dynasties, what stayed the same? Brady, Aikman, Montana, Bradshaw. Look at your team's best success the past 25 years and most likely, it is tied to the best QB play in that time too.

It's tough to ignore the only position that touches the ball on half the plays, the only one who accounts for the majority of a teams turnovers, yards, and TD's, and the one which every coach wants to be their leader.

Look at the pats.. is that all about Belichick's great drafting on the O-line and run game? Is it the borderline top 10 D they have? Stud wideouts like Edelman and Amendola? No, it's Brady. Not saying Belichick is worthless, but Brady is the reason they win most of their games, and that's why they pay him twice as much as Bill.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gets/should get credit for team wins? You can select only one. It's not designed to be an easy answer. Select and discuss.

Obviously Team, and even though that includes coaches, sometimes the team plays better than they are being coached....Other times they are being coached well but aren't playing up to it.....
So it's 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other if you ask me....

I'll take the Al Davis approach;

just-win-baby.jpg