• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crap....NCAA has penalized OU over a violation

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a Pasta Bowl.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is bad!!

I hope the NCAA throws the recipe book at them.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sometimes this stuff just writes itself. OU can't even turn themselves in correctly:

@NCAA: Just to clarify… there are no NCAA rules regarding portion sizes, though we appreciate Oklahoma's commitment to play by the rules.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes this stuff just writes itself. OU can't even turn themselves in correctly:

@NCAA: Just to clarify… there are no NCAA rules regarding portion sizes, though we appreciate Oklahoma's commitment to play by the rules.

So do you think OU is being a bit sarcasitic with the NCAA? Stoops and Co, have been pretty vocal about the NCAA's......how do you say......non consistent rulings on violations. One school may get the hit hard while another school a slap on the wrist. That Bomar deal I think really hacked Stoops off, because they self-reported it and the NCAA blew up and made a big deal about it, while other programs hid what went on or just weren't cooperative. So I can't but think Stoops is being a bit sarcastic.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you think OU is being a bit sarcasitic with the NCAA? Stoops and Co, have been pretty vocal about the NCAA's......how do you say......non consistent rulings on violations. One school may get the hit hard while another school a slap on the wrist. That Bomar deal I think really hacked Stoops off, because they self-reported it and the NCAA blew up and made a big deal about it, while other programs hid what went on or just weren't cooperative. So I can't but think Stoops is being a bit sarcastic.

If true, that makes it even better, imo. Great way to point out the stupidity of the NCAA!!

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, i dont. Do you really think OU went out to troll the NCAA? As a Texas fan I question OU's intelligence alot, but even I dont think they would do that.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, i dont. Do you really think OU went out to troll the NCAA? As a Texas fan I question OU's intelligence alot, but even I dont think they would do that.

I hope they did it would be awesome and my opinion of Stoops would go way up.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they did it would be awesome and my opinion of Stoops would go way up.

-
Just zero upside in going out of your way to piss off the NCAA. Just a bad move with 0 reward and a lot of downside.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Just zero upside in going out of your way to piss off the NCAA. Just a bad move with 0 reward and a lot of downside.

Agreed, pissing off the NZAA with their current administration is dumb. Their current self-admitted policy is every case is unique, they have no standards, no guidelines, they follow no precedence, nothing.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Didn't say it was smart just awesome...Youtube is full of these moments.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU has deserved some of the flak it's received over the years for breaking the rules. But no one outside the Oklahoma program can understand the anger OU felt over the Rhett Bomar fiasco. Bomar was being paid by Big Red Sports/Imports for work not done. That's a definite no-no. But OU didn't know about it until they were told. Bob Stoops immediately kicked his starting QB (and 5* recruit) off the team which left OU in a hell of a bind. OK, that's life. But the NCAA wanted to make a federal case out of it even after OU SELF REPORTED. That's chicken shit. If there is ever a similar situation and the NCAA over reacts again, OU will fight the NCAA in court all the way. Think they won't do it? Then you don't remember how Oklahoma did every college program in the country a huge favor by kicking the NCAA directly in the balls all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court one time before.

NCAA v. Board of Regents of the University of Oklahoma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia