• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowherd: just admit you're critical of Lebron because you're worried he's better than Jordan

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan played 15 seasons (two of which he was well past his prime with the Wizards). Lebron's already wrapping up season #14. Of course Lebron was going to pass Jordan in those stats. Lebron didn't have to go to college like Jordan did.

Jordan never had the meltdowns that Lebron did though.

All this might be true, but I guarantee Jordan would not have nearly as beloved if he played in the social media era. Dude wasn't exactly a nice guy. If every move he made had been picked apart the way LeBron's have, he would have had his share of haters too.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this might be true, but I guarantee Jordan would not have nearly as beloved if he played in the social media era. Dude wasn't exactly a nice guy. If every move he made had been picked apart the way LeBron's have, he would have had his share of haters too.

Jordan's an asshole, but he doesn't come off as fake. Everyone knew he was a dick.

Jordan also never gave off the impression that he was a perfect teammate, him and Kobe are of the same mold.

Lebron, or at least his fans give off the impression that he could do no wrong. Although he doesn't come off as a dick like Jordan nor has had any off the court issues - he's done his fair share of throwing teammates under the bus as well as handling business in a not so delicate manner.

But yeah, Jordan would've been universally hated through social media if he played in today's age.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably right, but LeBron does have a shot.

th

Ain't happening.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget Cowherd's comment. I don't think LeBron will ever surpass Jordan, but this rings thing is garbage. GOAT conversation is about a lot more than just titles. They are important, but not the only measure. LeBron does not need 7 or even 6 to put himself in the discussion. I think 2 more will make it pretty interesting.

Let's just say hypothetically that in 20 years some player comes along and posts insane numbers while carrying a mediocre supporting roster to 3 or 4 rings. Are we really going to say that player isn't GOAT worthy because they don't have 6? Because if that is the case, then Bill Russell is the GOAT.

I am not saying LeBron is that player. He isn't. But 6 rings is not a necessity to be in GOAT conversation. The landscape of the league continues to evolve and each era presents new and different obstacles to winning titles. An individual player's greatness needs to be evaluated by much more than just rings. That is an extremely lazy argument.

The rings are pretty much the ONLY thing that matters. How can a player even be considered the GOAT when he has a losing record in the finals?

It's not the fact that Jordan his 6 titles. It's the fact that he's 6-0 as the #1 guy. Heck, he probably would have been 8-0 if it weren't for his little baseball side-project.

You just KNEW that when Jordan made the finals, he'd win it. Can't say the same about lebron - in fact you could almost say the opposite. For me, THAT is the reason lebron shouldn't even be in the same breath as MJ.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

You're the one who keeps pressing the issue on a clear sarcastic comment. But feel free to keep responding.

Yep. You outed a cuck, alright

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey its true

am a just not going to penalize lebron for his longevity though.

So- If Jordan made and won 6 finals in 15 years---- itll be interesting to see where lebron gets too

i mean- if lebron gets to something like 11 finals at wins 5 - and has stats like no one in history - its gonna be a done deal- but we are still a long way away from that.

its just not impossible. thats for sure.

i of course still give the edge to jordan right now- and if i were to handicap it--- id say its less than even odds lebron passes him- but there is no doubt its on the table if he can reach certain levels.

Let me explain this to you as succinctly as possible: Unless Lebron wins the next 3-4 titles in a row, there is NOTHING that Lebron can do to eclipse MJ. Nothing.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Cowherd says a lot of off the wall stuff but you can't deny that most that is true lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care either way, but in order to pass Michael Jordan - LeBron would need to win six titles and that is still possible, so we have to wait and see. Jordan had one hell of a run though and he walked away from the NBA for two years and came back and won three more titles as if he had never missed a step. Most likely - Houston would have won a third title if not for Jordan - I just doubt that LeBron could walk away from the game for two years and then come back and play the same. I would have to see it happen

Who cares. Why does he have to walk away from the game and replicate MJ. As an overall team player Lebron is right up there with Magic as the best, Magic is hard to beat. I do agree that he probably needs 6 titles even though the title he just got was better than any title MJ won. He needs five to be right there, but if he gets six don't surprised if people say he IS better than MJ. All that being said, I doubt he could get to six but you never know, their are a couple of great teams that will be in the league as long as Lebron lasts so it will be difficult to win 3 more.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares. Why does he have to walk away from the game and replicate MJ. As an overall team player Lebron is right up there with Magic as the best, Magic is hard to beat. I do agree that he probably needs 6 titles even though the title he just got was better than any title MJ won. He needs five to be right there, but if he gets six don't surprised if people say he IS better than MJ. All that being said, I doubt he could get to six but you never know, their are a couple of great teams that will be in the league as long as Lebron lasts so it will be difficult to win 3 more.
great post.

I mean- if LeBron makes the Finals 11 times in a 20 year career and wins 5 of them- and wins between 4-5 MVP's and 5 finals MVP's- there will be an argument for him.

Jordan- making 6 Finals in 15 yeras and winning all 6 is obviously the Gold standard right now- but you just wont be able to ignore the shear supremacy of LeBron's overall numbers.

Its not LeBrons fault MJ went to college for multiple years and quit the game for multiple years.

Plus- as we saw- the Bulls had FAR less of a let down once LeBron left then the Cavs and Heat did... the Cavs and Heat were pretty much bullshit after LeBron left. The Bulls won 55 games and kept on ticking.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me explain this to you as succinctly as possible: Unless Lebron wins the next 3-4 titles in a row, there is NOTHING that Lebron can do to eclipse MJ. Nothing.
you bummed Archie left UD? me to

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you bummed Archie left UD? me to

meh, not really. I'm not so much of a diehard Dayton guy, i like 'em ok, but I have a lot of friends who are, so I was hoping to see them do something big this time around. but yeah, losing miller will hurt.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Cowherd says a lot of off the wall stuff but you can't deny that most that is true lol

The only way I can tolerate Cowherd is if I have the mute button on. My worst sports broadcasting nightmare was that espn was going to give Cowherd, Stephen A. Smith & Skippy Bayless their own show.:gaah:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great post.

I mean- if LeBron makes the Finals 11 times in a 20 year career and wins 5 of them-

If he made it to the finals 11 times and wins 5 of them he'd still have a losing record in the finals...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People can say it all they want, but in my mind Michael Jordan will always have been then better player for several reasons. To me it's a lot like the saying the apple never falls far from the tree, but in my example Jeanie Buss, controlling owner of the Los Angeles Lakers will never be as great as her dad, the Late Dr Jerry Buss. Michael Jordan was a pioneer by analogy and did things that no player has ever done. He has been a leader, player, he walked away from the game and came back without missing a step and he won six straight titles while in the game. The second three was separated only by his absence from the game. LeBron had different challenges than Michael Jordan and limitations in the rules of the game that made a small difference. If these young kids want to kiss LeBron's ass though - I have no big problem with that - I think they would had to see both of them in action and be more mature in order to understand the difference and you can't teach them maturity. In time I think history will leave Michael Jordan as the better player over both LeBron and Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan who has also had an outstanding career.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he made it to the finals 11 times and wins 5 of them he'd still have a losing record in the finals...

No one cares. He still would have 5 titles and 5 Finals MVP's. Before Pippen came along MJ hadn't won anything and some will say Pippen is better than player Lebron has had on any team. I would disagree bc I think Wade is damn good but Wade wasn't exactly in his prime when Lebron was there but still very very good.