• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowherd: just admit you're critical of Lebron because you're worried he's better than Jordan

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People can say it all they want, but in my mind Michael Jordan will always have been then better player for several reasons. To me it's a lot like the saying the apple never falls far from the tree, but in my example Jeanie Buss, controlling owner of the Los Angeles Lakers will never be as great as her dad, the Late Dr Jerry Buss. Michael Jordan was a pioneer by analogy and did things that no player has ever done. He has been a leader, player, he walked away from the game and came back without missing a step and he won six straight titles while in the game. The second three was separated only by his absence from the game. LeBron had different challenges than Michael Jordan and limitations in the rules of the game that made a small difference. If these young kids want to kiss LeBron's ass though - I have no big problem with that - I think they would had to see both of them in action and be more mature in order to understand the difference and you can't teach them maturity. In time I think history will leave Michael Jordan as the better player over both LeBron and Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan who has also had an outstanding career.

You are stuck in the old times man, while I appreciate the game back then I realize it has changed. Some things are easier, some things are more difficult. You have to open your mind and realize that. While MJ has done things nobody has done, so has Lebron. You not opening your mind and realize what Lebron is doing is actually you kissing MJ's ass. He is the greatest but saying Lebron couldn't eventually pass him is being close-minded and stuck in the old times. Lebron is the most versatile player we have ever seen in NBA history. Kobe was never in the conversation for GOAT ever.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one cares. He still would have 5 titles and 5 Finals MVP's. Before Pippen came along MJ hadn't won anything and some will say Pippen is better than player Lebron has had on any team. I would disagree bc I think Wade is damn good but Wade wasn't exactly in his prime when Lebron was there but still very very good.

How many top 10 players do you know that have a losing finals record?

And GTFO with Pippen. Lebron purposely jumped ship TWICE to team up with TWO all-stars each time.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are stuck in the old times man, while I appreciate the game back then I realize it has changed. Some things are easier, some things are more difficult. You have to open your mind and realize that. While MJ has done things nobody has done, so has Lebron. You not opening your mind and realize what Lebron is doing is actually you kissing MJ's ass. He is the greatest but saying Lebron couldn't eventually pass him is being close-minded and stuck in the old times. Lebron is the most versatile player we have ever seen in NBA history. Kobe was never in the conversation for GOAT ever.
No argument here. What I was referring to is that Michael Jordan had the tendency to use his elbows a lot to clear space and knock people out of his way - That's not allowed nearly as much like it was. Michael Jordan also was allowed to travel more. In the game of basket ball growing up, If we took two steps - that was travelling. Michael took more steps - so those two things have been tightened up - but they changed the three second rule in the pain which opens the game up for better scoring and I agree that Neither Kobe nor Lebron were ever in the conversation. Kobe comes in at a distance second at the best and quite frankly - I put Magic Johnson and Kareem ahead of Kobe. I think I also might put Bill Walton and Larry Bird of ahead of Kobe. LeBron is the best player in the NBA today though.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron would have to win another title or two in order to catch Michael and be in the same conversation in my opinion - that might happen - We will have to wait and see.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's how I see it...

The only way any teams had a shot to win a championship in MJ's prime, were the years he quit playing basketball.

He won 3 championships, skip basketball for 2 years where the Rockets won back to back titles, then he came back and won 3 more.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you prefer to be called "cuckold" instead?

I don't care one bit what you idiots call me. It's you dopes that look stupid using that term.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rings are pretty much the ONLY thing that matters. How can a player even be considered the GOAT when he has a losing record in the finals?

It's not the fact that Jordan his 6 titles. It's the fact that he's 6-0 as the #1 guy. Heck, he probably would have been 8-0 if it weren't for his little baseball side-project.

You just KNEW that when Jordan made the finals, he'd win it. Can't say the same about lebron - in fact you could almost say the opposite. For me, THAT is the reason lebron shouldn't even be in the same breath as MJ.

No, not really.

It depends entirely on a) personal performance, and b) what you got on your team compared to what you are going against.

That could unfold in all sorts of ways, with all sorts of combinations.

Imagine a situation where a Westbrook-type player took a team like the Thunder to the Finals 10 years in a row, putting up 38/12/12, but simply lost out to a super-team out East 8 out of 10 times.

He would have a 2-8 Finals record. Shameful?

Would it be less shameful if he simply petered out in the middle rounds of the playoffs and ended up with a 0-0 record? Or won a title one year and didn't make it the rest for a 1-0 record?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not really.

It depends entirely on a) personal performance, and b) what you got on your team compared to what you are going against.

That could unfold in all sorts of ways, with all sorts of combinations.

Imagine a situation where a Westbrook-type player took a team like the Thunder to the Finals 10 years in a row, putting up 38/12/12, but simply lost out to a super-team out East 8 out of 10 times.

He would have a 2-8 Finals record. Shameful?

Would it be less shameful if he simply petered out in the middle rounds of the playoffs and ended up with a 0-0 record? Or won a title one year and didn't make it the rest for a 1-0 record?

Would said Westbrook type player say "Not one, not two, not three, not four..." then hop from team to team recruiting a total of FOUR all-star players in the process, come up with a 3-4 finals record still be under consideration for GOAT?

Making the finals and not winning it doesn't mean shit to anyone who's lips aren't firmly attached to lebrons ass.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would said Westbrook type player say "Not one, not two, not three, not four..." then hop from team to team recruiting a total of FOUR all-star players in the process, come up with a 3-4 finals record still be under consideration for GOAT?

Making the finals and not winning it doesn't mean shit to anyone who's lips aren't firmly attached to lebrons ass.

So if he was 3-0 in the finals and lost the other times in earlier rounds of the playoffs that would be better in your opinion than making it to the finals? lol

The Bulls the first 6 years after drafting Jordan:

Regular Season: 260-232 .528%

Postseason: 24-29 record...5-6 series record

Thank goodness for Scottie Pippen and Phil Jackson and no other super team competition. There was no 73 win team he had to beat. The years Jordan left for gambling, his team was winning 55 games without him...How did the cavs do?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if he was 3-0 in the finals and lost the other times in earlier rounds of the playoffs that would be better in your opinion than making it to the finals? lol

The Bulls the first 6 years after drafting Jordan:

Regular Season: 260-232 .528%

Postseason: 24-29 record...5-6 series record

Thank goodness for Scottie Pippen and Phil Jackson and no other super team competition. There was no 73 win team he had to beat. The years Jordan left for gambling, his team was winning 55 games without him...How did the cavs do?

Are you basically saying lebron is better than Jordan? Just like you said Kyrie is better than Curry or Westbrook?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If if if. Here's a fact:

Jordan 6-0 in the finals
lebron 3-4 in the finals

Stop making yourself look like a moron.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you basically saying lebron is better than Jordan? Just like you said Kyrie is better than Curry or Westbrook?

If if if. Here's a fact:

Kyrie 1-0 in the finals

Curry 1-1 in the finals

Westbrook 0-1 in the finals

Guess Kyrie is better according to finals records, i just shit on your argument...don't bother responding with something stupid.

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thread failure. The rule is (or should be) that if you mention Cowherd, it must be accompanied by a pic of his co-host, Kristine Leahy. Fixing it for you.

Kristine-Leahy.jpg

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If if if. Here's a fact:

Kyrie 1-0 in the finals

Curry 1-1 in the finals

Westbrook 0-1 in the finals

Guess Kyrie is better according to finals records, i just shit on your argument...don't bother responding with something stupid.

How about Kyrie record in the finals as the alpha? Which is what this whole argument is all about if you bothered to put your reading glasses on.

Or shall I bring up Robert Harry's finals record too and say that he's better than Tim Duncan?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Kyrie record in the finals as the alpha? Which is what this whole argument is all about if you bothered to put your reading glasses on.

Or shall I bring up Robert Harry's finals record too and say that he's better than Tim Duncan?

No you seem confused once again. The entire point of the argument was that finals record is all that matters.

Kyrie was more alpha than anything curry or westbrook put up in a finals, you are right

Anyways back to the topic, you keep moving the goal posts after saying finals record is the only thing that matters...If Jordan had dragged 1 of those shitty bulls teams to the finals instead of losing in the ECF or ECSF and lost would you count that against him for being 6-1? Would that be worse?

U lost accept it

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was more alpha than anything curry or westbrook put up in a finals, you are right

Anyways back to the topic, you keep moving the goal posts...If Jordan had dragged 1 of those shitty bulls teams to the finals instead of losing in the ECF or ECSF and lost would you count that against him for being 6-1? Would that be worse?

So if Kyrie was the alpha, was lebron the second option?

And what is it with you and "if"?

Read post #71 for the FACTS again and pay particular attention to that last sentence.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Kyrie was the alpha, was lebron the second option?

And what is it with you and "if"?

Read post #71 for the FACTS again and pay particular attention to that last sentence.

You are still talking? Lol

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I can tolerate Cowherd is if I have the mute button on. My worst sports broadcasting nightmare was that espn was going to give Cowherd, Stephen A. Smith & Skippy Bayless their own show.:gaah:

Pretty much this.

The premise may or may not be accurate but I damn sure am not going to quote Cowherd, Bayless or Stephen A. if I want to give the point to make any credibility.

I'd find someone else who actually has some credibility in sports knowledge to quote to back up my point.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much this.

The premise may or may not be accurate but I damn sure am not going to quote Cowherd, Bayless or Stephen A. if I want to give the point to make any credibility.

I'd find someone else who actually has some credibility in sports knowledge to quote to back up my point.

Cowherd is usually spot on.