• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

counterpoint: If the team was smart they would keep Griffin!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you rather keep Gruden and lose RG3 or keep RG3 and hire a coach that fits RG3's strengths?

Remember this is the Redskins we are talking about here. There is just as good a chance we trade Griffin for nothing AND fire Gruden. Think big.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember this is the Redskins we are talking about here. There is just as good a chance we trade Griffin for nothing AND fire Gruden. Think big.

Until recently I was totally in the camp that says that you always keep a coach for at least 2-3 years. However - after what we have seen this season & more specifically the last 3 weeks I would not have an issue if they gave Gruden the boot this offseason.

The guy looks totally lost out there and really has not handled much of anything very well this season. His 4th & short decision yesterday was a joke. Maybe I need to calm down a bit & be patient, but at this time his hiring appears to be yet another poor decision by the Redskins.

BTW - given the recent horrendous nature of this organization I would like to believe that nobody not actually on the team refers to the Redskins as "we". I believe that most of us here have better decision making skills.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it around week 4 or 5 that Gruden had shown me nothing to make me think he has what it takes to turn this mess around. Now its week 13... does anyone else still see anything in Gruden to make you think he's the long term answer at HC?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it around week 4 or 5 that Gruden had shown me nothing to make me think he has what it takes to turn this mess around. Now its week 13... does anyone else still see anything in Gruden to make you think he's the long term answer at HC?

SO lets say we fire Gruden, who with any sort of ability do you think would take this job right now??

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO lets say we fire Gruden, who with any sort of ability do you think would take this job right now??

There will always be some good candidates available for an NFL head coaching job regardless of the team. After all - there are only a handful of these opportunities available. Remember around 2000 when Marty blasted Snyder on ESPN only to turn around & become the next Redskins head coach (& sadly to be let go after one year)?

That being said - in all likelihood Gruden will be here next season. I just hope that he shows some signs soon that he was a worthy choice (if it happens soon I will probably just read about it since I might opt not to watch this train wreck until next season).

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So lets say we keep Gruden because we're afraid of the results of another coaching search? How long do we stay with Gruden before we think a good HC would come in and follow him up?

We all know the ultimate truth.... so long as Dan Snyder owns the team, top quality individuals with other options will stay away from this team likes its the Ebola. Internally, good quality people will flee as soon as they have other options - See: Morocco Brown.

We can talk about all this stuff for another decade. Won't change much. All we can really do is control how much we emotionally invest in this dumpster fire of a franchise.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So lets say we keep Gruden because we're afraid of the results of another coaching search? How long do we stay with Gruden before we think a good HC would come in and follow him up?

We all know the ultimate truth.... so long as Dan Snyder owns the team, top quality individuals with other options will stay away from this team likes its the Ebola. Internally, good quality people will flee as soon as they have other options - See: Morocco Brown.

We can talk about all this stuff for another decade. Won't change much. All we can really do is control how much we emotionally invest in this dumpster fire of a franchise.

Reality is, you have got to give Gruden at least three years. Anything less and no coach with any real ability would want to touch this thing.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just too early to declare Gruden a failure. It's just more panic moves if they can him after only one year.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just too early to declare Gruden a failure. It's just more panic moves if they can him after only one year.

Fine - then he better get his ass in gear & start proving that he is worthy of being an NFL coach. To date I have seen precious little of this - if anything. Step # 1 - FIRE HASLETT.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not really advocating fire him after one year. I'm just calling it like I see it, that I don't think he'll be successful, not only based on the circus around him, but primarily because he's another clown, not a real ring leader.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Gruden. He calls it as he sees it. But he needs to start being a HC and not just a glorified OC. He needs to understand that he is responsible for more than just the QB and the offense. This may very well include him giving up play calling duties.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Gruden. He calls it as he sees it. But he needs to start being a HC and not just a glorified OC. He needs to understand that he is responsible for more than just the QB and the offense. This may very well include him giving up play calling duties.

Supposedly McVay calls a lot of the plays already. Saw some report where they watched Gruden and during the play calls, he's often not speaking, so McVay has been doing some.

No idea when or how much, or if McVay was doing well or not.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gruden needs a total of 3 years to be fair

year one he is seeing what he has , year 2 to get the players and learn to play together , year 3 to make a run

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gruden needs a total of 3 years to be fair

year one he is seeing what he has , year 2 to get the players and learn to play together , year 3 to make a run

I'm sorry dad but this plan is not feasible. You cannot turn around chaos in 3 years, period. A coach needs a full 5 years to see his plan through. The roster as it stands needs a complete over haul. Our scouting decisions have been so poor and quite frankly, have led us to where we are now. As others have stated, Gruden needs to take the bull by the horns as a HC and insist moves be made to improve this team personnel wise. Our o-line stinks, our QB play stinks, our D-line stinks, our secondary stinks, hell, our coaches for the most part stink. We have so many holes in his first year (Mostly Allen decisions) that the Titanic has sunk!

I believe its time to start making some serious moves with coaching (keep Gruden), our scouting department or anyone who has a hand in bringing in Gruden type players immediately after the season is over. I'm sick and tired of watching this dysfunctional garbage.