• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could the Clippers go after Love?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, Lakers went through a 19 year drought without a title. You need to know your teams history. I have always scratched my head how many LA posters dont know their own teams history prior to 1990

Uh, I do know my teams history and that there was a 19 year drought.

I used the Celtics drought in my example because it is more recent and was much worse. During the Lakers 19 year drought, they still made it to the finals on multiple occasions (losing to the Celtics).

During the Celtics 20+ year drought, they not only didn't make it anywhere close to the finals, they rarely made the playoffs. I seriously doubt that any Celtics fan thought that would happen.

Any more questions about my teams history?

Last edited by a moderator:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, you went 19 years without a title. Put what ever lipstick you want on that. Adding to that, you got spanked hard by Boston during that period when you did get to the dance. real hard

Will Boston always have their way with LA? No, we will not. We did not most recently. The past rarely determines the future. I do not expect we will always dominate LA

I dont use the past as a crutch, neither should you all.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, you went 19 years without a title. Put what ever lipstick you want on that. Adding to that, you got spanked hard by Boston during that period when you did get to the dance. real hard

Will Boston always have their way with LA? No, we will not. We did not most recently. The past rarely determines the future. I do not expect we will always dominate LA

I dont use the past as a crutch, neither should you all.

Not sure what any of that has to do with what was being discussed. I said that there are no guarantees, that the Lakers could be looking at a long drought and used the Celtics drought as an example.

Sorry you got butthurt over the example I used. I recommend Desitin. It works great when my grandson gets diaper rash. I'd imagine it would be pretty good for butthurt too.:lol:

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good to see other posters who see the antics of lakers posters. The conversation can at times be about today but inevitably, it has to revert to the past results. I have never heard Celtics posters on here using the past to predict the future. Yankee posters use to act like this too. They got overconfident. It is humbling and it will take time here as we'll.

Until then, we all will continue to hear the same spiel. It's a crutch.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good to see other posters who see the antics of lakers posters. The conversation can at times be about today but inevitably, it has to revert to the past results. I have never heard Celtics posters on here using the past to predict the future. Yankee posters use to act like this too. They got overconfident. It is humbling and it will take time here as we'll.

Until then, we all will continue to hear the same spiel. It's a crutch.

Any worse than the extreme negative prognostications of posters like you? The Lakers aren't in dire straits like lots think they are. I don't think they are serious contenders for a couple more seasons. However, they haven't suddenly turned into the Cavs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any worse than the extreme negative prognostications of posters like you? The Lakers aren't in dire straits like lots think they are. I don't think they are serious contenders for a couple more seasons. However, they haven't suddenly turned into the Cavs.

"Logicman" is so stuck in his own opinion that he can't see why the past is used or that Lakers fans aren't trying to "guarantee" anything based on the past.

The Lakers have earned the confidence that Lakers fans have that they will get this figured out and turned around. How have they earned it? By figuring things out and getting them turned around every time there has been turnover in talent, coaching, management and/or ownership.

Is it entirely possible that this will finally be the time that the Lakers don't get it figured out and that we are finally looking at a long period of irrelevance? Of course it is. Anything is possible and the new cba won't make it as easy as it has been in the past.

But "logic" would dictate that a franchise that has always been able to bounce back quickly and for long periods of time isn't likely to suddenly stop or forget how.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I think the LA way is broken right now (and I am not saying this post Magic's comments). We will find out. I am not a genius. But I will say thinking the past determines the future is very foolish.

I

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for not saying Timberwolves... :peace:

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic Johnson rips Lakers owner with team in disarray | New York Post

basically Magic stated the issues I have been.

You do realize that people smarter than you guys (and me) is saying these things too?

Once you honestly come on here and say, ya know, magic is on to something, then all this goes away. Until then, the Lakers Past will ensure the future.

You really believe we believe you really feel this way. hardly

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I think the LA way is broken right now (and I am not saying this post Magic's comments). We will find out. I am not a genius. But I will say thinking the past determines the future is very foolish.

I

Magic Johnson rips Lakers owner with team in disarray | New York Post

basically Magic stated the issues I have been.

You do realize that people smarter than you guys (and me) is saying these things too?

Once you honestly come on here and say, ya know, magic is on to something, then all this goes away. Until then, the Lakers Past will ensure the future.

You really believe we believe you really feel this way. hardly

Amazing!! You still can't grasp the concept. Let me try typing slower:

No one is saying that the Lakers past ensures anything. All Lakers fans have been saying is that the Lakers past has earned them the confidence that Lakers fans have that they will figure this out.

Lakers fans will maintain this confidence until it is no longer deserved. It's entirely possible that in a couple of seasons Lakers fans will be on here pissed off at management and the direction of the franchise. By then, we may be screaming for them to sell it. Who knows?

What we do know is that management says they have a plan, Kobe has said he's happy with the plan and that is all anyone has to go on. Lakers management, for obvious reasons, hasn't made their plan public or discussed it with anyone outside of the organization, including Magic.

Btw, those "wrong decisions" he referred to? He was talking about what great decisions they were at the time they were made. So, he was pretty hypocritical on that.

I also love how you say that the only possible honest option is the one that agrees with you. I guess if I read the article and honestly disagree with Magic, then I'm dishonest.

I'll tell you what: When you come on here and "honestly" admit that your real issue is that you are scared to death that Lakers fans are right, and that they'll catch and pass the Celtics in titles long before the Celtics are relevant again, I'll come on here and "honestly" say that Magic has a point.

Deal?

Last edited by a moderator:

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not be happy if the Lakers pass the Celtics, thats a given. But scared, not at least in the next 5 years, no. If Phil or someone like Magic gets control, perhaps.

As an FYI, I dont need to have anyone else's opinion to be in any form in order to provide my own.

No need to reply. I already know how LA fans really feel, I just look on the other boards:L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not be happy if the Lakers pass the Celtics, thats a given. But scared, not at least in the next 5 years, no. If Phil or someone like Magic gets control, perhaps.

As an FYI, I dont need to have anyone else's opinion to be in any form in order to provide my own.

No need to reply. I already know how LA fans really feel, I just look on the other boards:L

Translation = "I'm going to keep twisting the words of Lakers fans until they fit my narrative".

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: I wont accept that somebody reads all the threads on the Laker boards, and has uncovered the hypocritical behavior. Instead, I will state they are twisting the truth, especially because they are a Celtics poster

(problem is, any poster can go onto the Lakers board, and read the anti management tirades Laker posters have that they wont share on the main board)

But continue the facade. You have me convinced

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: I wont accept that somebody reads all the threads on the Laker boards, and has uncovered the hypocritical behavior. Instead, I will state they are twisting the truth, especially because they are a Celtics poster

(problem is, any poster can go onto the Lakers board, and read the anti management tirades Laker posters have that they wont share on the main board)

But continue the facade. You have me convinced

What's the façade? Lakers fans have shown their disdain for the management (mainly Jim Buss) on both boards.

Very silly to think things would necessarily improve if Magic owned the team. He was a horrible coach. He was horrible on ESPN. Great basketball player (my GOAT) but not great on the other side of things. When he owned 5% of the Lakers, he had nothing to do with basketball decisions.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the façade? Lakers fans have shown their disdain for the management (mainly Jim Buss) on both boards.

Very silly to think things would necessarily improve if Magic owned the team. He was a horrible coach. He was horrible on ESPN. Great basketball player (my GOAT) but not great on the other side of things. When he owned 5% of the Lakers, he had nothing to do with basketball decisions.

Yeah, Logic has somehow gotten into his head that Lakers fans have decided that the teams past history alone somehow guarantees that they will easily be right back in contention.

He can't seem to grasp the fact that we pretty much all acknowledge that nothing is guaranteed and that the teams history simply gives us confidence that they will figure it out sooner rather than later.

I even pointed out that this could be the time that the Lakers finally don't figure it out quickly. Yet, somehow he still thinks we're all using the past as some crutch to guarantee that the Lakers will be back winning titles soon.:L

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic has been a winner at everything he has touched. He is a smart smart businessman and he surrounds himself with smart people.

Trojan, I will give you this, while other Laker posters complain on the Lakers boards but act like Lakers are just a year or two away from contention on this board, you have not waffled. You are optimistic on both.