• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could the Clippers go after Love?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question would be resigning Jordan and at what price vs finding a better player for the price. I think Cp3 love and griffin could work it out and they could get vet big men to play traditional 5 spot

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 3 could work but I would rather have what they have now and look for an elite 3 and D guy. Redick is not bad and neither is Barnes or even Granger but I just think they need a little more to put them over the top.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asik?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if they moved Love to the SF and they played really big? That could be sick if they could get it to work just like in HOU with 2 Cs.

Whatever perimeter player is being guarded by Love would be feasting. He doesn't have the lateral quickness to cover the 2 or 3 if you play him at the 3. You still need a center.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what are the Wolves getting in this deal?

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking they would get Jordan , 2 firsts and 2 seconds and a few pieces

Jordan May not resign so just draft picks

Maybe not enough versus what other teams could offer

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong as nothing the Wolves do would surprise me but I doubt they would deal him for picks alone.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. It's a long shot for the clippers. Yes Minnesota will want some youth back

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers have a good chance to get him if he makes it to free agency Trojan. I dont think thats reality tho. Bird Rights are valuable to both him and the team he is with next. I still believe its a trade ahead. Feel same way about Rondo

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation = Please God, let him go to anybody except the Lakers. :hope:

tumblr_m4h38rz2Aa1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers have a good chance to get him if he makes it to free agency Trojan. I dont think thats reality tho. Bird Rights are valuable to both him and the team he is with next. I still believe its a trade ahead. Feel same way about Rondo

You act like Love has no say in this. He does. In fact, he holds all of the cards. No team is likely to trade for him unless it's via sign and trade. If he doesn't want to go to a particular team, he simply has to refuse to sign an extension.

This limits the Wolves trade options to teams that Love is willing to go to. Guess who's said to be at the top of that list?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act like Love has no say in this. He does. In fact, he holds all of the cards. No team is likely to trade for him unless it's via sign and trade. If he doesn't want to go to a particular team, he simply has to refuse to sign an extension.

This limits the Wolves trade options to teams that Love is willing to go to. Guess who's said to be at the top of that list?

:10:

I could see a sign and trade for Gasol happening this summer. Slim chance but Gasol would get to play with Rubio - A guy who Pau really admires and has admitted to wanting to play with in the NBA.

That way the Wolves actually get something in return for Love.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could see a sign and trade for Gasol happening this summer. Slim chance but Gasol would get to play with Rubio - A guy who Pau really admires and has admitted to wanting to play with in the NBA.

ZERO chance of that happening, the Wolves even as clueless as they have been are not going to give away the best PF in the game for a 34 year old player who is clearly passed his prime. The only way Love is a Laker is if he plays out his contract and goes there as a FA. The Lakers have nothing to trade...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. I think it would be a good trade both ways. The Lakers would obviously have to package some sort of other asset(s) along with Pau whether it be another player, picks or both. But it definitely could benefit both teams.

I know making a trade to pair Pau with Rubio has been discussed by the teams in the past. If memory serves one or the other of them was injured the previous couple of times it was discussed.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ZERO chance of that happening, the Wolves even as clueless as they have been are not going to give away the best PF in the game for a 34 year old player who is clearly passed his prime. The only way Love is a Laker is if he plays out his contract and goes there as a FA. The Lakers have nothing to trade...

There's no way that it would be a straight up Pau for Love deal. The Lakers would have to package some other assets along with Pau. Also, if you think the Lakers have no assets, you haven't been watching them play. They have a few good young players who would do well playing alongside Rubio.

Remember, when it comes to Kevin Love, the Wolves are in the same spot as the Lakers when Shaq left. Kevin Love has all of the power and can basically force the Wolves to trade him to whatever team he wants so they get something for him, or he can play out his contract and leave the Wolves with nothing in return.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rather than lose him for NOTHING the following year? The Wolves aren't going to win anything this year or the next and they know that.

Pau can still give you a double/double every given night and even at his age is one of the best passing big men in the league.

Throw in a couple of young guys (Bazemore, Marshall, Henry etc) and the Wolves almost win that trade

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way that it would be a straight up Pau for Love deal. The Lakers would have to package some other assets along with Pau. Also, if you think the Lakers have no assets, you haven't been watching them play. They have a few good young players who would do well playing alongside Rubio.

Remember, when it comes to Kevin Love, the Wolves are in the same spot as the Lakers when Shaq left. Kevin Love has all of the power and can basically force the Wolves to trade him to whatever team he wants so they get something for him, or he can play out his contract and leave the Wolves with nothing in return.

20 - 39 those assets aren't as good as you think they are. I think it's hilarious you guys think the Wolves are going to want a 34 year old player whos body is in break down mode and whos game is clearly not what it once was and they want him so bad they will trade the best power forward in the game. The Lakers have no other assets that are even close to worth what Kevin Love is worth. Seriously as was said the Wolves aren't winning now why would they want to add a player with 1 maybe 2 years left? It just makes zero sense, I believe they will risk losing him trying to resign him before he would be dealt to the Lakers. But hey this is the NBA so nothing would surprise me, it makes wrestling look real...