• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could 49ers-Skins do Cousins deal at Combine?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "Kirk does not want to be here" theory has been alive and well for a while now. I'm not buying it for an instant. He and his agent are playing this perfectly, like most every athlete he will sign the best offer. All things being equal hard to see him wanting to move across the country to a worse team but if that's where he ends up I'm sure he is fine. However that's a long way from "Kirk does not want to be here and will never sign long term"

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "Kirk does not want to be here" theory has been alive and well for a while now. I'm not buying it for an instant. He and his agent are playing this perfectly, like most every athlete he will sign the best offer. All things being equal hard to see him wanting to move across the country to a worse team but if that's where he ends up I'm sure he is fine. However that's a long way from "Kirk does not want to be here and will never sign long term"

That is my point. If the 49ers are offering 5-10m more in g money will KC leave? I ma just given that impression that he is going to the highest bidder no matter what team it is. It was reported on a radio show that KC did live that he wasn't going to gouch the Redskins. Lets see if this is true.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have to separate the private Kirk from the business Kirk. Privately, I fairly certain that he and his family want to stay here. However, like any other man that takes care of his family, he goes where he's best able to do that. Right now his loyalty is for sale, he will go or stay where he's "wanted" and feel that way where his best monetary interests are. Some will want to call this selfish, but uh un Fellas, this is business!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called negotiating . Relax. It will all come together

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to separate the private Kirk from the business Kirk. Privately, I fairly certain that he and his family want to stay here. However, like any other man that takes care of his family, he goes where he's best able to do that. Right now his loyalty is for sale, he will go or stay where he's "wanted" and feel that way where his best monetary interests are. Some will want to call this selfish, but uh un Fellas, this is business!!

I love how you guys characterize Professional football players as average Joes. "take care of his family" Kc's family is already taken care off. Its a matter of taking the money elsewhere or stay in Washington and try to win.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is always hope. lol

At the risk of beating a dead horse...

The problem is, you are more hoping we deal him and get the two firsts ( or damn near anything at this point) Instead of hoping we resign him and get off the QB roller coaster for a while.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how you guys characterize Professional football players as average Joes. "take care of his family" Kc's family is already taken care off. Its a matter of taking the money elsewhere or stay in Washington and try to win.

They are "average Joe's" who just happen to do a job that others failed to do, unfortunately, for most of them their professional lives are extremely limited and they must maximize the earning potential while it lasts. Cousins or every other player at his position "might" and I emphasize MIGHT, appear to be set for life but there are too many things that could happen between now and that end that changes everything. If you get a chance, catch up on the story of Jim McMahon, who currently has a condition stemming from his playing days. I'm not saying that this can or will happen to Kirk, but they know that in this game no one escapes injury, and that is a major factor in the way they see being "set for life". Of course then you have the foolish types who blow through a stack of hundreds in a single night at the titty bar.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the risk of beating a dead horse...

The problem is, you are more hoping we deal him and get the two firsts ( or damn near anything at this point) Instead of hoping we resign him and get off the QB roller coaster for a while.

I have come to terms that we probably wont get 2 1sts. I just think right now that KC is going to go wherever the highest offer is. No matter how bad the team is.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are "average Joe's" who just happen to do a job that others failed to do, unfortunately, for most of them their professional lives are extremely limited and they must maximize the earning potential while it lasts. Cousins or every other player at his position "might" and I emphasize MIGHT, appear to be set for life but there are too many things that could happen between now and that end that changes everything. If you get a chance, catch up on the story of Jim McMahon, who currently has a condition stemming from his playing days. I'm not saying that this can or will happen to Kirk, but they know that in this game no one escapes injury, and that is a major factor in the way they see being "set for life". Of course then you have the foolish types who blow through a stack of hundreds in a single night at the titty bar.

I think KC has already made close to 30M in his playing career up until now. So to call him an average joe is crazy.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think KC has already made close to 30M in his playing career up until now. So to call him an average joe is crazy.

So you define people by the size of their wallet? Really Dean? C'mon man!! Unless I've been totally misinformed, even the rich, live, breathe, bleed and die. No diffrent than you or I. BTW, by a lot of comparative standards, a lot of us are rich because of circumstance of birth. You know what, let me ask you this, What defines the "Average Joe?"

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you define people by the size of their wallet? Really Dean? C'mon man!! Unless I've been totally misinformed, even the rich, live, breathe, bleed and die. No diffrent than you or I. BTW, by a lot of comparative standards, a lot of us are rich because of circumstance of birth. You know what, let me ask you this, What defines the "Average Joe?"

An average Joe hasn't made 30M by the age of 28 years old. Are you serious? All these guys are set for life it just comes down to money management. Its like you feel sorry for the people who won the Powerball jackpot and now they are broke. Who's fault is that?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An average Joe hasn't made 30M by the age of 28 years old. Are you serious? All these guys are set for life it just comes down to money management. Its like you feel sorry for the people who won the Powerball jackpot and now they are broke. Who's fault is that?
Again...What defines the "Average Joe?"

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again...What defines the "Average Joe?"

a man or women who makes under 50K per year. We are talking about money here. Nothing else.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is my point. If the 49ers are offering 5-10m more in g money will KC leave? I ma just given that impression that he is going to the highest bidder no matter what team it is. It was reported on a radio show that KC did live that he wasn't going to gouch the Redskins. Lets see if this is true.

And again if he got a better offer from the Niners there was nothing wrong or "greedy" about him jumping on it. It has nothing to do with wanting to be here or not. He will go where he gets the best offer and again there is absolutely nothing wrong with an athlete maximizing his income with the small window they have to do it.

Nobody ever called Matt Damon "greedy" for making $51 million in 2015 and he has a 40 year career ahead of him. Kirk has maybe 10.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again if he got a better offer from the Niners there was nothing wrong or "greedy" about him jumping on it. It has nothing to do with wanting to be here or not. He will go where he gets the best offer and again there is absolutely nothing wrong with an athlete maximizing his income with the small window they have to do it.

Nobody ever called Matt Damon "greedy" for making $51 million in 2015 and he has a 40 year career ahead of him. Kirk has maybe 10.

b/c he has a better chance to win here than SF. That is why its greed. He would still get the security of a long term deal here.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a man or women who makes under 50K per year. We are talking about money here. Nothing else.

Well, I guess like myself there are others here who are over qualified to wear the label "average Joe" yet here we are posting on a sports site with "average Joes"

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess like myself there are others here who are over qualified to wear the label "average Joe" yet here we are posting on a sports site with "average Joes"

You just called a 28 year old man who has made 30M in his lifetime an average joe. If you don't think that is crazy then I don't know what else to say.