• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could 49ers-Skins do Cousins deal at Combine?

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah "would not be shocked at all" if the Redskins and 49ers agree to a trade involving Kirk Cousins at the Combine.

Jeremiah isn't a typical Rotoworld source on the NFL side, but with draft season upon us, he has an ear to the ground and talks with numerous personnel people. He believes there's a "better than 50 percent" chance Cousins isn't a 2017 Redskin, and a deal sending Cousins to San Francisco, possibly along with the Redskins' No. 17 overall pick, in exchange for the 49ers' No. 2 overall pick is in the cards. Further, Jeremiah reports the Redskins still aren't sold on Cousins long-term. Washington seems intent on bungling an offense that had become one of the best in the league. Cousins would be a massive get for the rebuilding Niners.
Source: 1090 San Diego
Feb 22 - 12:11 PM

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would we do this ? is there any benefit to this ?

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
horriable deal we gain nothing lose kirk just to move up to 2 what the POOOOOOOOOOOOOP is this POOOOOOOOOP

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol 9ers would get kirk plus are 17 and we lose kirk and we only get 2nd pick this is poop just fucked up my evening

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
horriable deal we gain nothing lose kirk just to move up to 2 what the POOOOOOOOOOOOOP is this POOOOOOOOOP

Another timely Poop coach, gotta love the extended versions as well.:yes:

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if this happend bruce allen needs to be fired holy fucking mother of god :gaah:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins kinda sucks. Moving up to the second pick for one year less of Cousins is really a win on both fronts.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would we do this ? is there any benefit to this ?

I agree. I think "fake news" is a buzz word right now but if it should ever be used, it is now. How in the world does it make sense for the Skins to trade a Pro-Bowl QB and 3rd in total pass yards PLUS the 17th overall pick for the #2 pick.

Last monthly, these idiots were claiming that San Fran would offer two 1st round picks for Cousins.

I don't know who these idiots are but this is beyond pathetic. SM should be fired immediately if this trade goes through. I honestly think this is garbage.

I have no idea why the media is hell bent on trashing this team and making up stories. There are several more teams that are a dumpster fire than the Skins.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we trade Cousins there better not be a swap of picks or trading of any picks if so everyone needs fired and Snyder better sell the damn team or Redskins fans will be rioting

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think "fake news" is a buzz word right now but if it should ever be used, it is now. How in the world does it make sense for the Skins to trade a Pro-Bowl QB and 3rd in total pass yards PLUS the 17th overall pick for the #2 pick.

Last monthly, these idiots were claiming that San Fran would offer two 1st round picks for Cousins.

I don't know who these idiots are but this is beyond pathetic. SM should be fired immediately if this trade goes through. I honestly think this is garbage.

I have no idea why the media is hell bent on trashing this team and making up stories. There are several more teams that are a dumpster fire than the Skins.

This organization is like a very bad boxer with horrible reflexes, who then drops his guard and dares his opponent to hit him. Yeah there are writers and reporters that naturally don't like this team, but for fucks sake our guys, just like the boxer, have got to stop making it easier for them to do this sort of stuff. Sadly, because we are who we are, we can't easily dismiss this as a real possibility. #Historybitesagain

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins kinda sucks. Moving up to the second pick for one year less of Cousins is really a win on both fronts.

Based on what exactly? Cousins is the single biggest reason this team went from 5-11 to playoff contenders. We had the same crap defense, similar offensive weapons with a much better running game in 2015 and that produced 5 wins.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what exactly? Cousins is the single biggest reason this team went from 5-11 to playoff contenders. We had the same crap defense, similar offensive weapons with a much better running game in 2015 and that produced 5 wins.

I wouldn't go that far. KC had a lot of weapons to make him look like a star. You cant discount what Reed, Jackson, And Garcon have done for this team. Gruden even said that KC has to work on his reads better. So I wouldn't call him the messiah.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go that far. KC had a lot of weapons to make him look like a star. You cant discount what Reed, Jackson, And Garcon have done for this team. Gruden even said that KC has to work on his reads better. So I wouldn't call him the messiah.
RG3 had the same , how de that work out ?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reed was not the player he is now when RG3 was there. Plus Djax was hurt.

Reed wasnt the player he is now because he didnt have a QB capable of making him into that player.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who said he is the messiah? I think that most folks are just maintaining that he is a good QB who probably does as well as anyone in this system but still has some issues to work out in the near future (& no reason to believe that he cannot). I challenge you to name a replacement out that there that the Redskins can acquire who will do better in the near future. At best you will name someone who is a project & those type of things don't usually work well on this team.

This notion that any success that he has obtained are strictly due to his surrounding players is BS. He has very solid fundamentals & has done well even when several of his weapons have not been available. Sure he has the reputation of not coming through in the clutch, but I see no reason why this cannot be overcome especially if the Redskins improve in other areas like in the running game or on defense.

I just find this very strange coming from you. For most of last season you appeared to be the president of the Kirk Cousins fan club. Now - mainly because of a few bad games - you can't wait to see the Redskins dump the guy. It just makes no sense.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said he is the messiah? I think that most folks are just maintaining that he is a good QB who probably does as well as anyone in this system but still has some issues to work out in the near future (& no reason to believe that he cannot). I challenge you to name a replacement out that there that the Redskins can acquire who will do better in the near future. At best you will name someone who is a project & those type of things don't usually work well on this team.

This notion that any success that he has obtained are strictly due to his surrounding players is BS. He has very solid fundamentals & has done well even when several of his weapons have not been available. Sure he has the reputation of not coming through in the clutch, but I see no reason why this cannot be overcome especially if the Redskins improve in other areas like in the running game or on defense.

I just find this very strange coming from you. For most of last season you appeared to be the president of the Kirk Cousins fan club. Now - mainly because of a few bad games - you can't wait to see the Redskins dump the guy. It just makes no sense.

@deanpet21 lost all faith in Kirk the moment the #2 pick in the draft became a possibility. Its called winning off the field. Our team President coined the phrase, and Dean is a firm believer in the principle.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KC is being greedy in this situation with nothing to show for it. I don't like it at all. that is my point.