• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could 49ers-Skins do Cousins deal at Combine?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@deanpet21 lost all faith in Kirk the moment the #2 pick in the draft became a possibility. Its called winning off the field. Our team President coined the phrase, and Dean is a firm believer in the principle.

that is bullshit and you know it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is bullshit and you know it.

really... the only options you have thrown out are ifs buts and maybes.

If we deal Cousins, we can plug in any old stiff and we will get better.

But we CANT pay Cousins that kind of money because he isnt Elite in your eyes.

Maybe we can get the #2 pick and will improve despite a downgrade at QB that is likely to result from dealing Kirk.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC is being greedy in this situation with nothing to show for it. I don't like it at all. that is my point.

Nothing to show for it? First back to back winning seasons in ages. A playoff appearance (& would have been two save for a botched FG & horrible game ending defense). Franchise records in multiple categories. This is "nothing to show for it"?

Your standards are ridiculous. You brand Kyle Shanahan as an awful coach because he did poorly in ONE half in the FREAKING SB! You are applying this same logic to Cousins. Time for a reality check. Again - NFL QBs don't get the highest contract just because at the time they are the best QB in the NFL. It is simply a matter of timing and supply and demand. Really puzzled as to why you don't understand this concept.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really... the only options you have thrown out are ifs buts and maybes.

If we deal Cousins, we can plug in any old stiff and we will get better.

But we CANT pay Cousins that kind of money because he isnt Elite in your eyes.

Maybe we can get the #2 pick and will improve despite a downgrade at QB that is likely to result from dealing Kirk.

You think this team is doomed if KC isn't here in 2017, I disagree. Leave it at that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to show for it? First back to back winning seasons in ages. A playoff appearance (& would have been two save for a botched FG & horrible game ending defense). Franchise records in multiple categories. This is "nothing to show for it"?

Your standards are ridiculous. You brand Kyle Shanahan as an awful coach because he did poorly in ONE half in the FREAKING SB! You are applying this same logic to Cousins. Time for a reality check. Again - NFL QBs don't get the highest contract just because at the time they are the best QB in the NFL. It is simply a matter of timing and supply and demand. Really puzzled as to why you don't understand this concept.

I understand the concept I just don't think he is worth that kind of money. Gaudy stats doesn't do it for me. Sorry.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think this team is doomed if KC isn't here in 2017, I disagree. Leave it at that.

I think this team regresses if we are back in the we need a QB mindset. And most sane individuals agree. Question is, can you show me anything more than a maybe to prove otherwise??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this team regresses if we are back in the we need a QB mindset. And most sane individuals agree. Question is, can you show me anything more than a maybe to prove otherwise??

Posters on here agree with me that Kc doesn't deserve a blank check and if offered draft picks that we should take them. I don't know where you are coming from on this one.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posters on here agree with me that Kc doesn't deserve a blank check and if offered draft picks that we should take them. I don't know where you are coming from on this one.

Two problems with this line of thinking Dean.

1. We are down to A pick, not picks.
2. You all throw out the line of we should consider it, but none of you can offer up better than a wish and a prayer that the team actually IMPROVES on the field going this route. Not on paper, not in the winning off the field. Give me an option that doesnt stand a good chance of regressing the team and Im all ears.

When the main point of why we shouldnt retain a player is, well he isnt worth that kind of money, its usually spouted by guys who were down on the player to begin with and Money is the reasoning behind hoping the team does something you wanted them to do any way.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two problems with this line of thinking Dean.

1. We are down to A pick, not picks.
2. You all throw out the line of we should consider it, but none of you can offer up better than a wish and a prayer that the team actually IMPROVES on the field going this route. Not on paper, not in the winning off the field. Give me an option that doesnt stand a good chance of regressing the team and Im all ears.

When the main point of why we shouldnt retain a player is, well he isnt worth that kind of money, its usually spouted by guys who were down on the player to begin with and Money is the reasoning behind hoping the team does something you wanted them to do any way.

I already gave you options is KC leaves. Im not going through that again.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already gave you options is KC leaves. Im not going through that again.

Stephen HAwkins is an option.

Give me an improvement, since thats what we should be looking at. Not well this guy MIGHT be able to do what Cousins did. Give me some one that WILL improve the team and the QB position. Otherwise you are just downgrading at QB to upgrade another spot... maybe.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Give me an improvement, since thats what we should be looking at. Not well this guy MIGHT be able to do what Cousins did. Give me some one that WILL improve the team and the QB position. Otherwise you are just downgrading at QB to upgrade another spot... maybe.

Romo. lol. Hey if he was on our team last year we would of went to the playoffs. lol

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What do you think of Glennon?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo. lol. Hey if he was on our team last year we would of went to the playoffs. lol

Now that was funny. Romo couldnt even stay healthy through ONE preseason series. If he were on our team last year, MCCoy would have been starting by week three.

And Romo aint coming for less than $20M dawg, you can bank that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that was funny. Romo couldnt even stay healthy through ONE preseason series. If he were on our team last year, MCCoy would have been starting by week three.

And Romo aint coming for less than $20M dawg, you can bank that.

I am joking cmon man.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of Glennon?

failed retread backup. If Glennon were a starter, much like McCoy and the tons of other names floated, they wouldnt be available.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear we could make another thread about SMGM, Bruce & Gruden all not being on the same page --
and THAT is why we are in this situation.
Starting a RB that was NEVER good in college, never addressing the dline. NOT paying the QB when you had the chance. Botching the 2015 draft, and based on the defense we run, one could argue 2016 sucked too.
--Red zone failure throughout the year, looking DEAD from the opening snap as a TEAM against CAR and NYG.
Despite all of that, the team missed the playoffs by one game. Granted, signing Cousins is going to effect what the team can do on one side of the ball, but not both. No disrespect to Djax but his role can be replicated with good scouting, and addressing ILB, NT & FS can get us into the playoffs.

Is there a part of me that is "curious" what the Redskins could get for Cousins in a trade since it appears they don't want him anyway -- yes. But, again who knows what they would do with the picks? ignore needs? very likely. I hate to say this but -- As long as Synder is the owner, this team will not succeed. Its beyond all understanding

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear we could make another thread about SMGM, Bruce & Gruden all not being on the same page --
Starting a RB that was NEVER good in college, never addressing the dline. NOT paying the QB when you had the chance. Botching the 2015 draft, and based on the defense we run, one could argue 2016 sucked too.
--Red zone failure throughout the year, looking DEAD from the opening snap as a TEAM against CAR and NYG.
Despite all of that, the team missed the playoffs by one game. Granted, signing Cousins is going to effect what the team can do on one side of the ball, but not both. No disrespect to Djax but his role can be replicated with good scouting, and addressing ILB, NT & FS can get us into the playoffs.

Is there a part of me that is "curious" what the Redskins could get for Cousins in a trade since it appears they don't want him anyway -- yes. But, again who knows what they would do with the picks? ignore needs? very likely. I hate to say this but -- As long as Synder is the owner, this team will not succeed. Its beyond all understanding

Dude.. if we deal Cousins and get the #2 pick, we will take Watson... provided the Browns dont do it first.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the concept I just don't think he is worth that kind of money. Gaudy stats doesn't do it for me. Sorry.

Yep - Cousins was only about gaudy stats - give me a break. I like how you conveniently ignored the part about winning seasons & the playoffs. I am sure that your counter will be that this was all due to the rest of the offense & Cousins was just another guy. You are hopeless.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You left out Wade Phillips also we turned him down for the great Joe Barry

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.. if we deal Cousins and get the #2 pick, we will take Watson... provided the Browns dont do it first.

I won't dispute that. Since the real issue is about having to pay too much for Cousins, a stopgap QB wouldn't make sense. They would put that money in the defensive line, and free safety. They would also let both Garcon and Jackson walk and draft another WR at #17. I finally get it Shark.
My SMGM Conspiracy theory #1 -- But isn't this what he wants anyway, new coach, new QB?
not saying it's going to work, but if RG3 doesn't get hurt - Scott probably gets to reset the team.
Is it possible Kirk unwittingly ruined that?