• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

commanders off season thread 2023

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on the QB play whether this team take the next step or not. Defense should be strong.

It depends on the QB play whether this team take the next step or not. Defense should be strong.
I disagree. Nothing is really changing until Rivera is gone.

Also read an article that said wentz is probably not getting signed and might be out of the league. I told you TH was more valued in then league than wentz but you wanted to argue about it.

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Nothing is really changing until Rivera is gone.

Also read an article that said wentz is probably not getting signed and might be out of the league. I told you TH was more valued in then league than wentz but you wanted to argue about it.

so good QB play wont make this team win? TH has value as a backup but its been proven he is not a starting QB in this league. Many people said he was overpaid as a backup. Wentz career could be over, I could careless right now. At the time we invested draft picks and paid for him, so I wanted to give him more than 6 games.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so good QB play wont make this team win? TH has value as a backup but its been proven he is not a starting QB in this league. Many people said he was overpaid as a backup. Wentz career could be over, I could careless right now. At the time we invested draft picks and paid for him, so I wanted to give him more than 6 games.
Not as long as Rivera is in the equation..no. You never look at the big picture and only focus on the qb.

He hasn't won here in 3 years and has 3 winning seasons in 12 years. So you tell me, what is the problem?

I don't cate is overpaid as a backup, he is still in the league. Wentz isn't even in the league currently. I tried tell you that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as long as Rivera is in the equation..no. You never look at the big picture and only focus on the qb.

He hasn't won here in 3 years and has 3 winning seasons in 12 years. So you tell me, what is the problem?

I don't cate is overpaid as a backup, he is still in the league. Wentz isn't even in the league currently. I tried tell you that.

oh c'mon now. So, let me get this straight if Howell or Brissett play well here, the team wont get over 7 or 8 wins like you predicted b/c of RR?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh c'mon now. So, let me get this straight if Howell or Brissett play well here, the team wont get over 7 or 8 wins like you predicted b/c of RR?
9 wins tops Dean.

Look at Rivera history and his record as a head coach.

Once again, you overhype this team as always. We aren't a qb away like you think. You continue to live in a fantasy world with this team.

I am not going down your rabbit holes this year with your absurd predictions. Count me out.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 wins tops Dean.

Once again, you overhype this team as always. We aren't a qb away like you think. You continue to live in a fantasy world with this team.

I am not going down your rabbit holes this year with your absurd predictions. Count me out.

So your ceiling is 9 wins. I will probably take the over again at 7.5. Is that overhyping?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy who has never produced double digit sacks ? I don’t think so
Payne had never come close to double digit sacks till last year. One season n bam he's making 22 mill per with almost 60 mill guaranteed now.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your ceiling is 9 wins. I will probably take the over again at 7.5. Is that overhyping?
You are sandbagging.

You called people out last year for not supporting your 11 wins total. You weren't close.

Claiming turner was a good OC
Claiming wentz was the answer
Claiming we would tie the eagles

Those are examples of overhyping from last year. Not sure what you will say this year.
I am not getting involved in it again. If you claim we will win 16 games, I am not going to bite this time. I learned my lesson.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are sandbagging.

You called people out last year for not supporting your 11 wins total. You weren't close.

Claiming turner was a good OC
Claiming wentz was the answer
Claiming we would tie the eagles

Those are examples of overhyping from last year. Not sure what you will say this year.
I am not getting involved in it again. If you claim we will win 16 games, I am not going to bite this time. I learned my lesson.

lol. Hey i was off by 3 games. duke, i know you will never be positive about an RR team. I dont remember saying Turner was a good OC. I said give him a chance. I also did say that CW could fail but I liked the QB pickup at the time.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Hey i was off by 3 games. duke, i know you will never be positive about an RR team. I dont remember saying Turner was a good OC. I said give him a chance. I also did say that CW could fail but I liked the QB pickup at the time.
Why should be positive about a Rivera team? He hasn't had a winning season as a coach in over 5 years.
He is a coach pretending to be a GM.

I am actually trying to give him some props by saying we could hit 9 wins. This goes against his historical performance as a coach.

You sang turner's praises and made excuses for him. You also said we found our qb after week 1.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should be positive about a Rivera team? He hasn't had a winning season as a coach in over 5 years.
He is a coach pretending to be a GM.

I am actually trying to give him some props by saying we could hit 9 wins. This goes against his historical performance as a coach.

You sang turner's praises and made excuses for him. You also said we found our qb after week 1.

Hey, if we can get 9 wins and get into the playoffs and beat a 13-win team in those playoffs there is nothing wrong with that. Alot of fans would take that.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we'll have to wait and see, i think Payne will have nearly identical production from last year, with the exception of his sack total increasing.
Best wishes for Sweat though, and yes you're right...sack totals shouldn't be the only measuring stick for him as an edge setter/rusher

I would expect Payne to have a much worse season. Last year was an outlier and when the outlier is in a contract year, they seldom get better and usually get much worse.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 wins tops Dean.

We were 8-8-1 last season with the worst QBs in the league. If our QBs play well, you think that equates to a max of .5 games difference in record? That doesn’t make any sense at all.

IF the QBs play just to the median of starters, meaning 230 ypg, 65% comp, 17 TDS, and 9 int, then we will win 10 minimum.

Last year, we averaged 204 ypg, 62%, 24 tds, 16 picks, sacked 48 times, and had a rating of 84.7. Wentz had a QBR of 32 and TH didn’t show up.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy who has never produced double digit sacks ? I don’t think so

Dremont Jones- 17.1 mil/year, best season 6.5 sacks signed in 2023

Carl Lawson- 15 mil/season, best season 5.5 sacks signed in 2021

Bradley Chubb 22 mil/season, rookie season had 12 and 8 is best since

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were 8-8-1 last season with the worst QBs in the league. If our QBs play well, you think that equates to a max of .5 games difference in record? That doesn’t make any sense at all.

IF the QBs play just to the median of starters, meaning 230 ypg, 65% comp, 17 TDS, and 9 int, then we will win 10 minimum.

Last year, we averaged 204 ypg, 62%, 24 tds, 16 picks, sacked 48 times, and had a rating of 84.7. Wentz had a QBR of 32 and TH didn’t show up.
We literally had the easiest schedule in the league and played teams with qb issues as well.
Cooper rush beat us and Mariotta almost pulled off a win. We literally had 2 teams make boneheaded decisions within the 5 yard line: falcons and bears.

Sorry, you are not going to convince me that all we simply need is a qb to win.
Google Ron Rivera and then we can continue. The facts are what they are.

I expect the eagles to sweep us, dallas to probably sweep us, and I see a split with the giants. We are still the worst team in the division. We have the worst head coach and worst qb. Those are the facts and they cannot be disputed.

Last edited:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, if we can get 9 wins and get into the playoffs and beat a 13-win team in those playoffs there is nothing wrong with that. Alot of fans would take that.
Nope, not interested in that scenerio as it would more than likely keep Rivera around. In 12 years, Rivera had never maintained any form of meaningful continued success. Unless he magically figures it out as a GM and a coach, why would you want to keep him around?

That has always been the difference between you and me Dean. You focus on the current year and never see the big picture at all. I am interested in sustained success with year to year improvement. You are interested in sneaking in to the playoffs and attempting an upset. That is why I will never be on the same page with you. A fluke season means literally nothing to me. It's the long haul I am interested in.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We literally had the easiest schedule in the league and played teams with qb issues as well.
Cooper rush beat us and Mariotta almost pulled off a win. We literally had 2 teams make boneheaded decisions within the 5 yard line: falcons and bears.

Sorry, you are not going to convince me that all we simply need is a qb to win.
Google Ron Rivera and then we can continue. The facts are what they are.

I expect the eagles to sweep us, dallas to probably sweep us, and I see a split with the giants. We are still the worst team in the division. We have the worst head coach and worst qb. Those are the facts and they cannot be disputed.

Easiest based on what? They played 9 games against playoff teams.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, not interested in that scenerio as it would more than likely keep Rivera around. In 12 years, Rivera had never maintained any form of meaningful continued success. Unless he magically figures it out as a GM and a coach, why would you want to keep him around?

That has always been the difference between you and me Dean. You focus on the current year and never see the big picture at all. I am interested in sustained success with year to year improvement. You are interested in sneaking in to the playoffs and attempting an upset. That is why I will never be on the same page with you. A fluke season means literally nothing to me. It's the long haul I am interested in.

everyone wants sustained success. Very tough to maintain in the league. Sometimes fluke seasons win Super Bowls. Look at the 2021 Rams, then in 2022 they were bad. Thats not sustained success like you say. Are you routing for the team to lose this year b/c it will fire RR? I want the team to win no matter who the coach is. Is RR on the hot seat? Yes, but im not going into the season negative b/c some fans want him out.