• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

commanders off season thread 2023

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe history and analytics don't support my statement, but it seems like there's always solid edge rushers available every year. Sweat hasn't shown me anything where he MUST be re-signed. Good player sure, gamechanger, no....unless its against 3rd string cowboy QBs
At 16 mil he is worth it

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will change

Yes…we will have these players as FAS…

Montez Sweat- which will cost more than 16 mil
Chase Young (unless we exercise fifth year which will be 17 mil)
Kamren Curl- I expect will cost 10 mil at a min
Kendall Fuller-
Cody Barton-

Jacoby Brissett-
Curtis Samuel
Antonio Gibson
Cornelius Lucas

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes…we will have these players as FAS…

Montez Sweat- which will cost more than 16 mil
Chase Young (unless we exercise fifth year which will be 17 mil)
Kamren Curl- I expect will cost 10 mil at a min
Kendall Fuller-
Cody Barton-

Jacoby Brissett-
Curtis Samuel
Antonio Gibson
Cornelius Lucas
I see 2 must signs in that group , 2 and 100 mil sportstrac doesnt update yet

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 2 must signs in that group , 2 and 100 mil sportstrac doesnt update yet

I assume you are referring to Sweat and Curl. You are just going to let Young walk?

You still have to replace those other players. And the 56 mil looks pretty up to date but does include the option on Young.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you are referring to Sweat and Curl. You are just going to let Young walk?

You still have to replace those other players. And the 56 mil looks pretty up to date but does include the option on Young.
Nope it isn’t, I already posted this in another thread with the sources

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young or Sweat must be traded. You cannot pay everyone up front. I'll take the guy without 2 knee surgeries for 100 Alex. Trade Young for a 1st this year and move on. While I love the thought of Young, Allen, Payne & Sweat dominating because all are healthy this year, paying them all takes away from construction of the roster moving forward. Someone over there in Ashburn make some grown up decisions with personnel as RR keeps screwing it up with his input.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not the debate , saying you can easily replace someone and then find out it isnt is

Replacing all-pro Scherff through the draft will be difficult. Replacing 2nd alternate pro bowler Sweat should not.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope it isn’t, I already posted this in another thread with the sources

I am not going looking but I see nowhere online where it says 100 mil except for a random twitter back in mid March by Colin Dunphy.

Over the Cap shows basically the same as Spotrac.

Pretty sure your numbers were before this free agency period.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young or Sweat must be traded. You cannot pay everyone up front. I'll take the guy without 2 knee surgeries for 100 Alex. Trade Young for a 1st this year and move on. While I love the thought of Young, Allen, Payne & Sweat dominating because all are healthy this year, paying them all takes away from construction of the roster moving forward. Someone over there in Ashburn make some grown up decisions with personnel as RR keeps screwing it up with his input.

Why would somebody trade a first for Young when they can just draft a guy?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to miss Sweat, i do feel bad injuries to Chase likely is my motive to see him gone

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair the OL lost Scherff and Flowers and almost right away Roullier. It wasn't a one person situation and Jacksonville was not 100% happy with Scherff.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There continues to be speculation that starter Chase Roullier will be asked to re-do his deal to lower his cap hit, potentially by accepting a pay cut for the coming season. Roullier’s last two seasons have been cut short by serious leg injuries, and — despite the fact that he is probably the team’s most consistent and talented player on the O-line — there is no guarantee that the 30-year-old 7th year player will still be on the roster when training camp starts in July.

Starting tight end Logan Thomas was considered by many to be a candidate for release or restructure this offseason due to his $8.75m cap hit and inconsistent play since returning from a devastating knee injury suffered in 2021, but at the Combine in February, Ron Rivera spoke glowingly about Thomas and the team’s expectations for him this season. There has been no indication that Washington has pursued any free agent tight ends this offseason, and the unit is fairly deep with young players who have all flashed potential.

from
the screw with dean dept falco has a job , wince does not

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There continues to be speculation that starter Chase Roullier will be asked to re-do his deal to lower his cap hit, potentially by accepting a pay cut for the coming season. Roullier’s last two seasons have been cut short by serious leg injuries, and — despite the fact that he is probably the team’s most consistent and talented player on the O-line — there is no guarantee that the 30-year-old 7th year player will still be on the roster when training camp starts in July.

Starting tight end Logan Thomas was considered by many to be a candidate for release or restructure this offseason due to his $8.75m cap hit and inconsistent play since returning from a devastating knee injury suffered in 2021, but at the Combine in February, Ron Rivera spoke glowingly about Thomas and the team’s expectations for him this season. There has been no indication that Washington has pursued any free agent tight ends this offseason, and the unit is fairly deep with young players who have all flashed potential.

from
the screw with dean dept falco has a job , wince does not
What a mess.
There is no reason Thomas should be on the opening day roster. What is to be gained by it? He has proven that he has limited availability.

Oh well, I am honestly not expecting much this year to be honest. Until Rivera is gone, it will be status quo. I am sure Dean will disagree with me. I am sure his "predictions" will be something else. I see him saying we will win 13 games with Howell being the MVP. I can't wait!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 16 mil he is worth it
That no doubt will change as well, significantly, with a big year from Sweat.

I agree though. Thinking it'll be easy to replace a player who's been good, but doesn't have the sexy stats can be a fickle game to play.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Young is not just a guy
He wasn't even a guy last year n he was terrible his sophomore year. As it stands right now. His rookie season is more the outlier than his 2nd or 3rd year.