• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colts and Ravens setup the Patriots?

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow....on 3 freaking non-scoring plays, such an embarrassment....

I'm sure Harbaugh is still crying himself to sleep over such deception :rollseyes:

LOL... I know, really?

Most Patriot fans are just scared of the big bad evil Ravens. The team with the mediocre QB, terrible coaches and criminal players.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how being out coached by a 4 time super bowl winning HC is that big of an insult.

Are you suggesting that the Ravens need a new HC?

Not at all. I said before the playoffs started that the one team I did not want to see come into Foxboro were the Ravens. I just responded to the comment that 'trickery' was the sole reason the Pats won. I think we'll see a post season rematch next season.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how being out coached by a 4 time super bowl winning HC is that big of an insult.

Are you suggesting that the Ravens need a new HC?

I don't. I just think Haurbaugh should just take some responsibility for his team being less than 100% prepared. It happens to the best of them

I think Haurbaugh is an excellent coach and the Ravens are a team that always matches up well against the Patriots and always give them an epic game. But as in most close games, the Patriots just made a few more key plays when they needed to and the Ravens didn't.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't. I just think Haurbaugh should just take some responsibility for his team being less than 100% prepared. It happens to the best of them

I think Haurbaugh is an excellent coach and the Ravens are a team that always matches up well against the Patriots and always give them an epic game. But as in most close games, the Patriots just made a few more key plays when they needed to and the Ravens didn't.

I don't see how he could have handled the situation any other way. He brought the situation to the officials and they made the proper adjustments. I guess most of the blame should be put on the media outlets for not conveying the message properly but, who can blame them for not wanting to run with it as "The Patriots Are Cheating Again". That's the sort of things that create buzz which is what the media strives for.

John Harbaugh says problem with Patriots plays was officiating mechanics | ProFootballTalk

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how he could have handled the situation any other way. He brought the situation to the officials and they made the proper adjustments. I guess most of the blame should be put on the media outlets for not conveying the message properly but, who can blame them for not wanting to run with it as "The Patriots Are Cheating Again". That's the sort of things that create buzz which is what the media strives for.

John Harbaugh says problem with Patriots plays was officiating mechanics | ProFootballTalk

That sometimes teams makes substitutions and in the heat of the game the message is not going to announced on a silver platter?

That his players need to pay to attention to the referees and be prepared to respond quickly and efficiently?

That's on the coaches plate.

Why should the message be about cheating.

Last edited by a moderator:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And JH was wrong. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the officiating mechanics, unless you want to include when the officials had to coach the defense for JH. On the third occasion the official actually told the defense not to cover the ineligible guy.

They are required to give a signal, which they did, then announce it over the PA, which they did. Then signal when they (officials) are set, which they did, then the ball can be snapped, which it was. All within the rules to a T.

JH is was just butthurt.:pound:

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that the NFL addressed it and made the proper changes for the Super Bowl.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that the NFL addressed it and made the proper changes for the Super Bowl.

The squeaky wheel get the oil.

It's still a game with a lot of action performed at a fast pace. Rules can always be tweaked but it will always be after the fact. Players still need to be able to respond to changes on the field.

Last edited by a moderator:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually they made no changes. Were you sleep walking all SB week? You should probably go back and watch some press conferences.:L

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had seen the SB Nation article but not Blandino's retraction of the information.

I didn't follow it much after I had heard that there was supposed to be changes.

A lot of the articles on these sites are not written by real reporters and really hold no water anyway.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the mistake was that it wasn't new for the Super Bowl and that it had been used in the AFCCG.

Blandino: Refs signaled ineligible players in AFC title - NFL.com

Who knows.

The mistake by the officials was that in the Ravens game they actually told the Ravens defense not to cover a Patriots player. That is outside the rules, they are to signal the player after he reports, they aren't supposed to give specific instructions to the defense on how to handle the guy that reported.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't follow it much after I had heard that there was supposed to be changes.

A lot of the articles on these sites are not written by real reporters and really hold no water anyway.

And NESN isn't one of those sites and it's reporters are in fact professionals.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mistake by the officials was that in the Ravens game they actually told the Ravens defense not to cover a Patriots player. That is outside the rules, they are to signal the player after he reports, they aren't supposed to give specific instructions to the defense on how to handle the guy that reported.

Quote the rule that the officials broke and get back to us on it.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

most of the writers are hacks and have no source to verify most of what they write. bloggers have really killed journalism.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most of the writers are hacks and have no source to verify most of what they write. bloggers have really killed journalism.

I also read his article to the end and it does sound like they issued a new signal. So, I have no idea what his point was when he posted it.

Unless the bottom of the article is a repost of something from a different article.