• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College Football on a Baseball Site

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big12 cleared to vote on a play off game

I got no problem with it if they're not required to play all 9 other teams. Teams in the big 10 and SEC have the opportunity to avoid the other top teams in their conference because they play only 8 conference games.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got no problem with it if they're not required to play all 9 other teams. Teams in the big 10 and SEC have the opportunity to avoid the other top teams in their conference because they play only 8 conference games.

They can do it provided that they do play a round robin schedule,

I guess they decided its either play a round robin schedule or dilute their conference schedule with lesser teams

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can do it provided that they do play a round robin schedule,

I guess they decided its either play a round robin schedule or dilute their conference schedule with lesser teams

Playing a round robin and then a ccg is just stupid on so many levels.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing a round robin and then a ccg is just stupid on so many levels.

Unless this passes mustard with the other conferences it makes no difference what the Big 12 wants to do.

Pretty convoluted system of determining what passes "said mustard" though.

Personally, first round is on me when the NCAA is dead and buried!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't agree but whatever

Why? If they had this rule in place this year, Oklahoma and osu would've played, who Oklahoma smoked, and then turned around and played a week later. There's no avoiding playing any team in that conference, only to have to turn right around and have a guaranteed chance to lose to them in the ccg. Meanwhile, you've got teams like Iowa who played their first real competition in their ccg, and SEC teams adding a cupcake in place of a conference opponent as the play only 8 conference games.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma just needs to get off that sinking ship.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma just needs to get off that sinking ship.

Where would you go?

All the Big 12 has got to do is add two teams, which IMO they really need to do, and this all takes care of itself. And I'm not campaigning for Memphis to be one of the teams. Although I would love it and know it would be great for the U of M and hopefully for the Big 12 too.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where would you go?

All the Big 12 has got to do is add two teams, which IMO they really need to do, and this all takes care of itself. And I'm not campaigning for Memphis to be one of the teams. Although I would love it and know it would be great for the U of M and hopefully for the Big 12 too.

No sense in adding two teams just to add two teams. We need to add quality. I'd like to see us go to the PAC.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sense in adding two teams just to add two teams. We need to add quality. I'd like to see us go to the PAC.

There are some legitimate schools out there which wouldn't qualify as "just getting two for the hell of it."

Cincinnati, BYU, Memphis, Houston certainly come to mind. Wouldn't shock me if MO were at least open to the discussion anyway.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some legitimate schools out there which wouldn't qualify as "just getting two for the hell of it."

Cincinnati, BYU, Memphis, Houston certainly come to mind. Wouldn't shock me if MO were at least open to the discussion anyway.

Houston does nothing to expand the market and BYU would be a pain in the ass because they refuse to participate in any sporting events on Sunday's.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston does nothing to expand the market and BYU would be a pain in the ass because they refuse to participate in any sporting events on Sunday's.

Yeah, that argument re: BYU is valid. Wonder if there's a way around that quagmire?

Although I'm sure the Big 12 is viewed often and favorably in Houston, the Big 12 would gain some TV HH with their addition.

Besides isn't the whole idea to strengthen the conference? But I strongly suspect there are more than a few teams which don't want the Cougars in for all the obvious reasons.

Anyone out there on your radar which would make some sense?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Houston a metro area with 6+ million people does nothing to expand the market? That's beyond idiotic...

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? If they had this rule in place this year, Oklahoma and osu would've played, who Oklahoma smoked, and then turned around and played a week later. There's no avoiding playing any team in that conference, only to have to turn right around and have a guaranteed chance to lose to them in the ccg. Meanwhile, you've got teams like Iowa who played their first real competition in their ccg, and SEC teams adding a cupcake in place of a conference opponent as the play only 8 conference games.

You're right playing a round robin schedule doesn't give a chance to schedule any cupcakes... oh wait, they played Akron and Tulsa this year...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right playing a round robin schedule doesn't give a chance to schedule any cupcakes... oh wait, they played Akron and Tulsa this year...

Both are better than Charlestown southern, and neither are fcs teams who bama played before the iron bowl. There's your thirteenth data point. Oklahoma has always and continues to schedule legitimate ooc opponents. Next year we open with Houston and then play Ohio state two weeks later, so peddle that trash elsewhere.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are better than Charlestown southern, and neither are fcs teams who bama played before the iron bowl. There's your thirteenth data point. Oklahoma has always and continues to schedule legitimate ooc opponents. Next year we open with Houston and then play Ohio state two weeks later, so peddle that trash elsewhere.

That's next year, we're talking about this year, and it always helps when you every year opponents include the likes of Kansas and Iowa St., another cupcake would be largely redundant

At the end of the day, Alabama played as many quality opponents as Oklahoma, and that's me being generous and considering Texas a quality opponent

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's next year, we're talking about this year, and it always helps when you every year opponents include the likes of Kansas and Iowa St., another cupcake would be largely redundant

At the end of the day, Alabama played as many quality opponents as Oklahoma, and that's me being generous and considering Texas a quality opponent

Every conference has cupcakes. The sec has Vanderbilt South Carolina, and Kentucky for christs sake. An A&M fan has no business talking about anyone's ooc schedule either btw.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every conference has cupcakes. The sec has Vanderbilt and Kentucky for christs sake. An A&M fan has no business talking about anyone's ooc schedule.

Yet Alabama played neither one of those teams,

And until the Big12 gets a ccg then they'll continued to be viewed a lesser major conference, whether that means getting 2 extra teams or not, it pretty clear voters don't respect the conference as much as some of the others

I didn't bring my team up bc they anger me with their scheduling choices, especially the FCS schools, i figured after a few years they may have been able to do away with that senselessness

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet Alabama played neither one of those teams,

And until the Big12 gets a ccg then they'll continued to be viewed a lesser major conference, whether that means getting 2 extra teams or not, it pretty clear voters don't respect the conference as much as some of the others

I didn't bring my team up bc they anger me with their scheduling choices, especially the FCS schools, i figured after a few years they may have been able to do away with that senselessness

And to counter that point I present Iowa, who played absolutely nobody till their ccg. I got no problem with adding a ccg. I just think adding it to a round robin format is stupid. Frankly, I'd rather just see us abandon this sinking ship anyways.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where would you go?

I would like to see no conferences at all some day...