• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching News From Around the League

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to believe Smith will be cut. Vilma may be too.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sean Jensen:

Bears reached an agreement with Pat Meyer, making him their assistant offensive line coach. He was Alouettes O-C/ O-line coach last season

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Interesting. I didn't know this. Could the 49ers end up keeping Donatell? I'll still doubt it because he's just speculating, but interesting.

Jason La Canfora: Immediate thought on Spagnuolo's firing is that he ends up talking to Chip Kelly very soon. Philly needs a DC; Spags loves Philly

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jeff Duncan:

If I'm Sean Payton, I'd take a long look at 49ers DL coach Jim Tomsula. Fits the profile of what's he's looking for on staff.

No, no, no! Leave him alone, too. He's my favorite position coach that's left (not many favorites left after Harbaugh got rid of them).

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Joe Person:

Panthers defensive asst Bobby Babich joining Rob Chudzinski as #Browns asst secondary coach. Is son of new Jags def coordinator Bob Babich.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Duncan:

If I'm Sean Payton, I'd take a long look at 49ers DL coach Jim Tomsula. Fits the profile of what's he's looking for on staff.

No, no, no! Leave him alone, too. He's my favorite position coach that's left (not many favorites left after Harbaugh got rid of them).

I'm with you. The Saints (and any other team for that matter) better stay the hell away from him.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you. The Saints (and any other team for that matter) better stay the hell away from him.

Though I know he wouldn't do it and it'd be over-the-top, I think it would be funny if he rejected them saying that he isn't willing to oversee the bounty program, especially when his team was targeted.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One downside for the Saints if they were to hire Tomsula is ALOT of people in and out of the NFL, myself included, believe he has a very good chance to be a head coach soon. I'm not sure how often teams pass on guys for that reason, but as a fan I'd be concerned about that if they were to go after Tomsula, especially if you're looking to rebuild something that could take 2-3 years in a place with a bad cap situation.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Caplan:

Chiefs announced former NFL CB Al Harris has been hired as defensive assistant/secondary coach.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PFT:

Source confirms @AdamSchefter report of Saints interest in Romeo Crennel; source says there's more interest in Crennel than Eric Mangini.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFT:

Source confirms @AdamSchefter report of Saints interest in Romeo Crennel; source says there's more interest in Crennel than Eric Mangini.

I'm rooting for Mangini - not for HC, but DC - because I like him on First Take and I don't want anyone to take our guys. While I appreciate his insight on ESPN, I think that belongs on a football team is some capacity. Don't know much about him football wise, I did watch the documentary on the Browns before they left to Baltimore. He seems like a cool guy who knows a lot. (Knowing a lot and being a good coach are separate things, so I can't endorse him for coach because I don't know how he is. All I know is that he lost the Jets and Browns HC job, though not sure if it was his fault or if he was the scape goat.)

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Former 49ers DC, too.

Tim McManus: One name I was told to keep an eye on in Eagles DC search is Billy Davis, currently LB coach for Browns.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/car...coach-role-middle-defense.html?nclick_check=1

In the locker room after the final game of the season, Dockett knew his future came down to Michael Bidwill’s decision. If Whisenhunt returned, he was going to ask for a trade, which the team surely would oblige. He tried to act indifferent. He vowed to return to the NFC West, hell-bent on revenge. They were all defense mechanisms that proved how badly he wanted to remain in Arizona.