• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaches Poll

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So FSU was lucky to wake up and stop getting kicked in the nuts :noidea:

No FSU made adjustments after the 1st quarter which were very good. A lot less zone and more press man coverage. Which is what they should have started out in. Adjustments are not luck they are just part of the game.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw two things that concerned me about FSU: 1. Their receivers seemed to have hands of stone at certain points. 2. Their D looks vulnerable on the edges and doesn't do well against a mobile QB.

Fixable.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be and I have no problem with the drop. I think the reason they dropped is more about the 1st quarter of shit the D put out there. But I could be wrong.

It could also just be that they haven't looked that impressive in any of their games.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not big on teams that didn't play jumping those that did play and won however, the fact does remain that FSU does not look like the #1 team in the nation.

THIS!!!!!
that's exactly what being ranked #1 means

they don't look the part, move them down

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No FSU made adjustments after the 1st quarter which were very good. A lot less zone and more press man coverage. Which is what they should have started out in. Adjustments are not luck they are just part of the game.

So it was lucky their Coaches stopped getting kicked in the nads then.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of cushion, I was shocked how much cushion NC State was giving FSU recievers. At certain times their secondary looked like the computer set to tard on Madden 2000.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw two things that concerned me about FSU: 1. Their receivers seemed to have hands of stone at certain points. 2. Their D looks vulnerable on the edges and doesn't do well against a mobile QB.

Fixable.

They are fixable, but let's talk about each. Rashad Greene is always mister dependable, but decided to drop a punt. And there were very few drops where the ball landed in their chest.

The D was at a loss with its leader Mario Edwards. The Safety play needs corrected as well. Edges were ok considering they were playing two true freshman due to Edwards not being out there. Our LBs are really the biggest problem especially in coverage. But we are without the two people who were supposed to be starting.

Again everything is fixable. My biggest problem with yesterday was the overrunning of the ball carrier and trying to dive at their feet. Slow down, take the proper angle, and wrap up. Again all correctable.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of cushion, I was shocked how much cushion NC State was giving FSU recievers. At certain times their secondary looked like the computer set to tard on Madden 2000.

Well the few times they did press they got burnt deep. I can understand that. After the Bobo Wilson TD they went to a 7-10 yd cushion to keep everything in front of them.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it was lucky their Coaches stopped getting kicked in the nads then.

No luck involved. That is the point, but I see you are going to continue the wrong word. Have at it brother.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could also just be that they haven't looked that impressive in any of their games.

And that is fine too. It seems too many people expected FSU to be the same as last year. That includes the "Experts". A little too much to ask from a team with this many underclassmen playing and starting on the Defense. No matter their "Star rating". I am cool with where ever they are ranked. As long as they keep winning that is all I personally care about. The AP and Coaches poll this year is nothing to fret over.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the few times they did press they got burnt deep. I can understand that. After the Bobo Wilson TD they went to a 7-10 yd cushion to keep everything in front of them.

Winston destroyed them when they were in zone. Press man underneath with a dual safety zone looked like the meal ticket. - Also, another lesson learned, you've got to blitz and sustain pressure on Winston.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real story is not the drop, but the fact that they have twice as many 1st place votes and still lost out overall...that means a lot of coaches don't have them at #2, they have them at #3 or 4 or worse.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real story is not the drop, but the fact that they have twice as many 1st place votes and still lost out overall...that means a lot of coaches don't have them at #2, they have them at #3 or 4 or worse.

That is true too. No problem with the drop at all.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State puts up 42 points in the first half, puts in the second and third stringers still covers the spread and drops in the rankings.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston destroyed them when they were in zone. Press man underneath with a dual safety zone looked like the meal ticket. - Also, another lesson learned, you've got to blitz and sustain pressure on Winston.

The problem for them was that is they did blitz a corner or LB that screwed them royally with Greene, Wilson, and O'leary. They played to not give up the big play. And you are correct you must keep up the pressure on Winston. Thankfully besides a couple times the OL played like they should have been from day 1.

Any deficiencies that are present are all correctable.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is fine too. It seems too many people expected FSU to be the same as last year. That includes the "Experts". A little too much to ask from a team with this many underclassmen playing and starting on the Defense. No matter their "Star rating". I am cool with where ever they are ranked. As long as they keep winning that is all I personally care about. The AP and Coaches poll this year is nothing to fret over.

Well they definitely are not as good as last year.

It just seems like a loss is inevitable for them this year although their schedule is pretty weak.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't figure out the UGA love. This is nowhere near a top 15 team. ASU had 62 dropped on them at home, they have no business in the top 25 anymore. Miss State embarrasses LSU at home and they barely drop a couple of spots. LSU is barely a top 25 team. Polls are useless till about October.....

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THe bold is 100% wrong. 4 TOs which led to 20 pts. THAT is being out of sink. Let's not forget the number of KEY defensive players that were not playing at all.

Here is the thing they did do what they wanted in the 1st quarter. From then on not at all. Their Red Zone offense was absolutely horrendous. And their 3rd down was not much better. FSU played horribly on the D side in the 1st quarter then calmed down and played decent.

Your offense didn't look bad at all... in fact, that's the offense I expect to see from a #1 team. Your defense was the shocker... that said, any team can play out of their heads for one game, or one half. I wouldn't worry too much about it. You really can't call this two bad games in row because you had our backup QB in against Clemson. Keep winning and there's NO way an undefeated FSU doesn't get into the playoffs.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't help but notice that for the second week in a row the ACC still only has one ranked team.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just noticed Nebraska is the creme of a B1G Oreo cookie in the high teens of the poll.