• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaches Poll

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this but still doesn't give any reason why a team on a bye week should pass a team who won on the road by 2 tds.

I do agree with you. You didn't lose and got jumped by an idle team... not fair. I was just offering a reason why they might have done that. If it makes you feel better, you can get jumped two more times and still get in the playoffs... isn't that all that matters?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but you have to see why there's concern.. the #1 team in the nation shouldn't have to go to the 4th quarter to beat NC state. I can understand if FSU made a ton of mistakes and looked outta sink, but that wasn't the case. NCS pretty much did what ever they wanted for most of the game and was probably one FSU mistake away from getting the win.

THe bold is 100% wrong. 4 TOs which led to 20 pts. THAT is being out of sink. Let's not forget the number of KEY defensive players that were not playing at all.

Here is the thing they did do what they wanted in the 1st quarter. From then on not at all. Their Red Zone offense was absolutely horrendous. And their 3rd down was not much better. FSU played horribly on the D side in the 1st quarter then calmed down and played decent.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said above, this still doesn't give the coaches any logical reason to put a team who was on a bye week above FSU. It makes no sense.

You shouldn't move up in any polls when you're on a bye week when the team(s) in front of you actually won their game

The only reason why FSU started at #1 was due to last season. As the body of work grows this season, their trend line is heading down. It's as simple as that. I would've kept them at #1 personally, but the flip isn't some outrageous unfathomable act.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU got Bitch Slapped and was lucky to come back.
I thought it was obvious to everyone.
Maybe not.

How do you figure? Would that be the fact they outscored them 49-17 in the last 3 quarters? Please explain the "luck" involved in that?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason why FSU started at #1 was due to last season. As the body of work grows this season, their trend line is heading down. It's as simple as that. I would've kept them at #1 personally, but the flip isn't some outrageous unfathomable act.

It actually is when that team is on a bye. It's not like last week when OU went on the road and defeated a solid WVU team jumped over Oregon after they struggled with a really bad Washington State team.

Say what you want about NC State but they entered the game 4-0. NC State can possibly finish with 7-9 wins which isn't terrible

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU hasnt ben impressive all season. They aren't even a top 5 team right now IMO. Oklahoma should be #1 though and not Bama.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This undying adherence to preseason ranking is exactly why people have called to stop them altogether. Nothing says FSU is the best team. They barely beat an Oklahoma State team that looked beyond unspectacular this week. They barely beat a Clemson team who frankly looks like they would go 6-6 in the SEC West, and they might not have won had Clemson started Watson at QB. They then struggled to beat an NC State team which needed a miracle comeback to beat Georgia Southern.

Dropping them out of #1 is beyond fair. I feel like, if anything, I have them overranked at #4. And yes, I had them #1 entering the season. When it became clear they weren't the best team at the moment, I moved them down.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you figure? Would that be the fact they outscored them 49-17 in the last 3 quarters? Please explain the "luck" involved in that?

They are lucky that NCST kept running that stupid fucking Wildcat formation.
Idiots.
They took their own momentum away.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did not have their QB against Clemson so that game isn't really relevant imo. If Clemson comes to Florida State this saturday, FSU would win that game by at least 17 points.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiots.

And NC State is lucky that FSU kept turning the ball over.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually is when that team is on a bye. It's not like last week when OU went on the road and defeated a solid WVU team jumped over Oregon after they struggled with a really bad Washington State team.

Say what you want about NC State but they entered the game 4-0. NC State can possibly finish with 7-9 wins which isn't terrible

They could, but this is the same NC State that beat Georgia Southern by a point and biggest win was against South Florida thus far.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just all remember that FSU outscored NC State 49-17 in the final 3 quarters.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This undying adherence to preseason ranking is exactly why people have called to stop them altogether. Nothing says FSU is the best team. They barely beat an Oklahoma State team that looked beyond unspectacular this week. They barely beat a Clemson team who frankly looks like they would go 6-6 in the SEC West, and they might not have won had Clemson started Watson at QB. They then struggled to beat an NC State team which needed a miracle comeback to beat Georgia Southern.

Dropping them out of #1 is beyond fair. I feel like, if anything, I have them overranked at #4. And yes, I had them #1 entering the season. When it became clear they weren't the best team at the moment, I moved them down.

^^^this is exactly why^^^
feel lucky they just dropped to #2.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not big on teams that didn't play jumping those that did play and won however, the fact does reamain that FSU does not look like the #1 team in the nation.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiots.

Yet when they did go back to a traditional run they still did not get anything of substance from it. Once FSU started playing press coverage the throws were not there. And you still have not disputed the 32 point difference. They could not stop FSU. So again where is the luck?

FSU basically gifted them 20 pts with the 4 TOs and still won by 15. That is not luck by any definition.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to get rid of polls in general. It is pointless

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet when they did go back to a traditional run they still did not get anything of substance from it. Once FSU started playing press coverage the throws were not there. And you still have not disputed the 32 point difference. They could not stop FSU. So again where is the luck?

FSU basically gifted them 20 pts with the 4 TOs and still won by 15. That is not luck by any definition.

So FSU was lucky to wake up and stop getting kicked in the nuts :noidea:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Turning the ball over 4 times might be one of the reasons they dropped. Just a hunch.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^this is exactly why^^^
feel lucky they just dropped to #2.

I said I am FINE with them dropping. Said it yesterday and saying it today. Yet has FSU played a complete game. And by that I mean the D and O doing their thing at the same time. The O finally found its 2nd receiver in Bobo Wilson which is great. The D needs to get back Edwards, Eligwe, Thomas, and someone to Fill in at Safety because Tyler Hunter is still the one guy who should not be playing. Injuries are all part of the game and the ton of true freshman they played yesterday did fairly well. More time and reps and all will be well.

Again the drop is no big deal. Still a ton of football to play.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turning the ball over 4 times might be one of the reasons they dropped. Just a hunch.

It could be and I have no problem with the drop. I think the reason they dropped is more about the 1st quarter of shit the D put out there. But I could be wrong.