• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaches Most Likely to be Fired

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are truly clueless, but that's why I like you, 4 down. At least Boise plays those games fairly, home and home, Bama doesn't. Boise is a member of the MWC and plays teams with similar budgets, and usually wins. And hey, if you want to get picky, the MWC has some big victories over SEC schools over the years, they ain't the Sun Belt. Boise only played 2 FCS teams in 5 years, all because no FBS school would visit, or backed out. Bama does it every year, 6 in the same time frame. And you can't figure out the difference between an absolute top team scheduling like a coward and a mid level one that doesn't have a choice, especially if they want 6 home games, since pretty much every year they are forced to open on the road against a major who often won't return the favor.

I could go on, but facts never get in the way of your logic, dear friend. You whine about Boise, simply because that way you can avoid discussing your school. Yup that's how you roll, Tide.:nod:

Grats on Boise St playing PeeWee football against other PeeWee football teams and your moral victories.

What I can tell a difference in is the other 11 games on the schedule. You focus on the 1 game only to avoid the entire schedule which is full of the teams - EVERY YEAR - that you brag about the MWC having victories over occasionally.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grats on Boise St playing PeeWee football against other PeeWee football teams and your moral victories.

What I can tell a difference in is the other 11 games on the schedule. You focus on the 1 game only to avoid the entire schedule which is full of the teams - EVERY YEAR - that you brag about the MWC having victories over occasionally.

Well, if you can tell me how to play teams that refuse to play you, I'm all ears. You see, in post after post you simply cannot answer these simple questions.

Alabama plays an FCS team every year, hell, last year they played TWO! (well technically a baby Sun Belt team) Why is the #1 team in the nation doing that???????

Alabama could play anyone on any field, and probably be favored. But they won't. Every year, they play the same 7 teams in the same familiar locales. And in the only games they control, they invariably pick one "name" school (usually down on its luck) and then bring in 3 patsies to Tuscaloosa. Thus, almost half of the schools home are against blood donors. Is this true?

But yeah, I get it. You can't (or won't) address these concerns, so you seek to change the subject by focusing on a school that EVERY year does what Bama almost never does, travel. Like I said, grow a pair, 4down. Write a letter to your AD and ask these questions. We'd love to see the Tide in Boise. But hey, if that's not enough money for your greeedy leaders, then how about Southern Cal, Norman, the Big House, the Horseshoe, Autzen, or someplace similar? Ah, we all know why, gasp, play a fair match-up on a level playing field, and, horrors, you might lose! Nope better, to play cupcake games, and save the starters for the handful of real games, always against the same 4 or 5 teams, who also only play patsies in their other games. Hell of a strategy.

Far better to put down some ambitious mid major seeking to move up (all while refusing to play actually play them). Yup, that's how you roll, Tide.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because when we look at what you Vols did with Fulmer it makes so much sense to fire a coach who in his coaching career at UGa:

- 73% winning percentage, 7th most winning coach in CFB (I excluded Boise for obvious reasons)
- Best winning % of all UGa coaches since 1920
- Played 2 BCS OOC in all but 2 years
- 5 Division Champs, 2 SEC champs
- Bowl game every year (8-4)
- 2-1 BCS Bowls
- All around great guy

Other than no NC (coaching in a conference that won 8 of the 12 during his tenure), what is there to dislike? I'd love to have the NC, who wouldn't. But, it's been a great 12 seasons. I'd take another 12 like it.

I am with you here and on top of that, he seems like one of the few coaches who has integrity. Its nice to have someone like him still coaching at a high level.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you here and on top of that, he seems like one of the few coaches who has integrity. Its nice to have someone like him still coaching at a high level.

I like Richt and agree, in a world led by coaching carpetbaggers, ego maniacs, control freaks, shysters, and flat out moral agnostics, UGA stands out as more honorable. Well, except, maybe for Damian Evans, but UGA fired him in a heartbeat. That took guts.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you can tell me how to play teams that refuse to play you, I'm all ears. You see, in post after post you simply cannot answer these simple questions.

Alabama plays an FCS team every year, hell, last year they played TWO! (well technically a baby Sun Belt team) Why is the #1 team in the nation doing that???????

Alabama could play anyone on any field, and probably be favored. But they won't. Every year, they play the same 7 teams in the same familiar locales. And in the only games they control, they invariably pick one "name" school (usually down on its luck) and then bring in 3 patsies to Tuscaloosa. Thus, almost half of the schools home are against blood donors. Is this true?

But yeah, I get it. You can't (or won't) address these concerns, so you seek to change the subject by focusing on a school that EVERY year does what Bama almost never does, travel. Like I said, grow a pair, 4down. Write a letter to your AD and ask these questions. We'd love to see the Tide in Boise. But hey, if that's not enough money for your greeedy leaders, then how about Southern Cal, Norman, the Big House, the Horseshoe, Autzen, or someplace similar? Ah, we all know why, gasp, play a fair match-up on a level playing field, and, horrors, you might lose! Nope better, to play cupcake games, and save the starters for the handful of real games, always against the same 4 or 5 teams, who also only play patsies in their other games. Hell of a strategy.

Far better to put down some ambitious mid major seeking to move up (all while refusing to play actually play them). Yup, that's how you roll, Tide.

:violin::violin::violin:

:hdn::hdn:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why does that ambitious mid-major seeking to move up refuse to play people then? Back in 2010, Boise had an offer for a 3 game series with Nebraska that would have brought the Huskers to the smurf turf...and your AD turned it down. So much for anyone, any time, anywhere.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about Utah, seems like every time I watch them, their defense swarms, hits hard and plays hard. That says something about the coach, imo.

As for Bo at Nebraska, I'm not sure what to think. I'm thinking his seat is not as hot as it appears. When you think about it, it's such an upheaval replacing a coach at a major school, especially when you win 9 games a year.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"So much for anyone, any time, anywhere."

It's a myth. Boy-Z has only dared venture to AQ home turf 18 times in their entire history. They're 1-17 record in those games proves they're scared.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo Pelini is safe at Nebraska if he wins 9 or more games per season.

9 win seasons are good. Nebraska learned the hard way.

Nebraska players are performing very well in classes. There are zero academic scandals unless you include Nebraska Bookstore selling the players books they needed for their classes.

Nebraska players are darn good at being community minded. Avery Moss pulled his idiot move last year, but overall, the players show a lot of compassion and will do many, many civic minded events.

The new Bo Pelini now understands social media. 2013 he did it with Jack Hoffman, this year it was the cat. As long as there isn't another "Fuck the fans" tape out there that is from 2013 or something he is safe.

B1G - Hoke, Fitzgerald, Kyle Flood
Big 12 - Gary Patterson, Dana Holgerson
PAC 12 - Sonny Dykes
ACC - Beamer(getting long in the tooth, he is an institution but.....), Mike London, Dave Doeren
SEC - Bret Beilema, Mark Stoops

I agree with the assessment on Hoke. Michigan is probably going to lose four games this year. If they lose to Ohio State again... Michigan went 2-6 to close out 2013.

In Texas, football is king. If TCU has another losing season, Patterson is gone.

Arkansas, not sure if the Bret Beilema and Wife show is playing well in Arkansas. Going 0-9 the last nine games does not leave a good after taste.

I

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does that ambitious mid-major seeking to move up refuse to play people then? Back in 2010, Boise had an offer for a 3 game series with Nebraska that would have brought the Huskers to the smurf turf...and your AD turned it down. So much for anyone, any time, anywhere.

Yeah, whatever. Been there, done that. You see, that was never a serious offer, two games in Lincoln, with the 3rd in Boise with a mere a $250k buyout. Dr. Tom was under pressure for having an SEC-like OOC schedule that included a whole string of lightweights, so he figured that this would be an out over the criticism. Here is what he offered (to the media, by the way, not in private the way it's normally done). Boise goes twice there, and then the Huskers can buy out the return trip for a song, and hire a patsy to come in instead, which is precisely what they did. They hired the University of Idaho, as bad a team as exists in FBS, paid them $900k, but whined like babies when Boise counter-offered the third game for a million, PLUS having the middle game in Boise instead of the last.

We may be from Idaho, but we ain't stupid back here, well, at least not totally. Trying to use reason with Tide fans is kind of futile. It's like teaching a pig to sing, wastes your time, and annoys the pig.:wtf2:

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in typical Tide fashion, notice how our Bamers still haven't discussed why the best team in football plays, in the ONLY games they actually control, such a weak schedule, and why they seldom travel.

Better to throw out red herrings in a vain attempt to avoid answering those pesky, embarrassing questions.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, whatever. Been there, done that. You see, that was never a serious offer, two games in Lincoln, with the 3rd in Boise with a mere a $250k buyout. Dr. Tom was under pressure for having an SEC-like OOC schedule that included a whole string of lightweights, so he figured that this would be an out over the criticism. Here is what he offered (to the media, by the way, not in private the way it's normally done). Boise goes twice there, and then the Huskers can buy out the return trip for a song, and hire a patsy to come in instead, which is precisely what they did. They hired the University of Idaho, as bad a team as exists in FBS, paid them $900k, but whined like babies when Boise counter-offered the third game for a million, PLUS having the middle game in Boise instead of the last.

We may be from Idaho, but we ain't stupid back here, well, at least not totally. Trying to use reason with Tide fans is kind of futile. It's like teaching a pig to sing, wastes your time, and annoys the pig.:wtf2:

:violin:

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardly, the going rate for an FBS team is about a million, FCS a half. Nope, you don't want a team that would actually come in planning to win, God no, you want to hire a hooker, you know, pay me, and you have a guaranteed happy ending.

Look, folks are getting wise to the SEC's game, play one good game, and hire three easy ones. But hey, keep on trying to deflect the blame to others, rather than answer why SEC teams seldom travel out of region, and always hire more FCS and other easy marks than any other conference.

Gee, do you think that my friends will EVER answer that question? :noidea:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardly, the going rate for an FBS team is about a million, FCS a half. Nope, you don't want a team that would actually come in planning to win, God no, you want to hire a hooker, you know, pay me, and you have a guaranteed happy ending.

Look, folks are getting wise to the SEC's game, play one good game, and hire three easy ones. But hey, keep on trying to deflect the blame to others, rather than answer why SEC teams seldom travel out of region, and always hire more FCS and other easy marks than any other conference.

Gee, do you think that my friends will EVER answer that question? :noidea:

Back to the 4 game schedule again I see.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just like we bought out Fresno State who got a similar contract? Oh wait, we play there this year.