• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coach Saban wasn't that great...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can try and spin however you'd like.

He came into Bama as an established CFB coach. He had NFL experience. The comments here was that Bama recruits nationally. I pointed out how it was the complete opposite of recruiting nationally -- 90% of his 1st 3 classes were from SEC country, 50% were from Alabama ( I didn't look past the 3rd class, so the 4th could be much of the same)

The national recruits started to come when the success came and Bama was loading up with 5 star recruits from their own backyard and the conference footprint -- then it made bringing in the top recruits across the entire country much easier.

It isn't some big secret -- it is human nature. The best players want to play with the best players. The best players want to play with the best teams. It is no different in high school when you see the best of the best going to IMG and Bishop Gorman, etc. It is no different in college with schools like Bama and OSU, etc. It is no different in the pro's in the one league they allow it to happen -- the NBA -- Kevin Durant could have signed anywhere. He signed with Golden State to play with the best. Kevin Love could have blocked any trade, but he accepted going to Cleveland to play with Lebron and Kyrie.
tldr1.gif

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop with the talk of sanctions and behavioral issues. The reason he signed 91 guys his 1st 3 classes is because the SEC allowed oversigning. And on top of the 'behavioral issues', Bama also suffered more career ending 'injuries' during this time that magically opened up scholarships.
Hate to tell you, but you are wrong on this. Bama cam out of probation in 2007 due to the Albert Means issues, so they had scholarships to give based on this release from probation and scholarship removal. The team was depleted at depth, they had mediocre talent at key positions. That signing period they got 29 and it helped immediately even though we lost some of those players due to a textbook scandal that was not the football teams fault, in fact it was Saban and the compliance team that brought the issue to light. 2008 was Sabans first real chance to recruit, and he did a masterful job. He released a few players who were involved in the textbook scandal, some other players who were discipline issues and we got a class of 30. All legal scholarships under the NCAA guidelines.
2009 we got only 26 players because that was what was allowed under the rules set forth by the SEC with a max of 25 plus 1 for a player who did not qualify from the previous year. Waiver was granted for that player to sign over the limit of 25. Each year after that we have been at 25 due to the SEC mandated limit and we stay with that total each time. If a waiver is granted due to injury or player being let got, like Jonathan Taylor was one season, and a couple of others were due to discipline issues, then we are allowed to offer a scholarship under the NCAA rules.

And Bama built the best program doing exactly what I said -- recruiting the SEC footprint. Once they had that base of elite talent, THAT is when the national recruits started to consider Bama. National elite talent aren't traveling across country to play for a rebuild. They want to play with the best. That is why Bama continues to get richer each year.
From 2008 to 2017, Saban has signed 62 players not in the SEC footprint which averages to around 6.2 per year average. He is a very good recruiter in other peoples backyards. One year his total was 10 of his 25 recruits out of the footprint. Sure, we get the majority of our players from our footprint, but some years its more out of state than in. We get them from LSU's backyard, or Georgia's backyard, or Tennessee's backyard, or Florida's backyard. We pull the best recruits from those states some years, and others we only get a couple of choice ones. So while we get the majority from our footprint, we still pull a shit ton from out of it as well. Players like Najee Harris, Mark Ingram, Dashawn Hand were all out of our footprint and this is just a few of the better players.

It is why I said -- if Saban went to a school like MSU now, he'd never get classes like he has had at Bama. Not because he isn't a great recruiter, he is. Because the state of Michigan has never had a year with multiple 5 star recruits in state and has had only 3 since the turn of the century. The conference footprint doesn't have a quarter of the talent the SEC footprint has and the one spot that does (Ohio) has one major university and it is a blue blood -- so you aren't pulling recruits from there unless they don't want them.

If Saban went to Georgia -- I agree he'd be dominate
If Saban went to Texas -- he'd be unreal with the classes he'd bring in
If Saban went to USC or Florida or Florida State -- he'd be just as dominate.

It is the home state/conference base where you get the majority of your team. Think about what you were just bragging about in this past class. Only SEVENTY FIVE percent of your recruits were from the SEC footprint. Think how silly you sound saying that. 'Only 3/4 of your class'. :L You are proving my point for me.
And this is a farce so bad I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Saban could pull recruits from the SEC if he was in the B1G, much like he is doing now from locations outside our footprint at Bama. He is capable of recruiting anywhere given enough time to show its worth the trip to play there. Its called building the team, like he did at Bama, and it begins with making the kids on the team buy into his process, showing them how to play position and possession football, and making them believe they are winners. CAnt get 5 stars, then build around 4 stars with a couple of 5's thrown in. Once you start competing, then 5's will come from elsewhere because one thing is for certain, Saban puts players into the NFL at large amounts. So please, bring that head out of the ass and get some air, it must be stale in that orifice.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So please, bring that head out of the ass and get some air, it must be stale in that orifice.
Zero chance that he's not found a way to pump fresh air up there cause there's no way that he wouldn't have suffocated by now otherwise.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero chance that he's not found a way to pump fresh air up there cause there's no way that he wouldn't have suffocated by now otherwise.
Its so loose it lets in air on its own, but he likes the smell so he keeps it in the orifice

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop with the talk of sanctions and behavioral issues. The reason he signed 91 guys his 1st 3 classes is because the SEC allowed oversigning. And on top of the 'behavioral issues', Bama also suffered more career ending 'injuries' during this time that magically opened up scholarships.

And Bama built the best program doing exactly what I said -- recruiting the SEC footprint. Once they had that base of elite talent, THAT is when the national recruits started to consider Bama. National elite talent aren't traveling across country to play for a rebuild. They want to play with the best. That is why Bama continues to get richer each year.

It is why I said -- if Saban went to a school like MSU now, he'd never get classes like he has had at Bama. Not because he isn't a great recruiter, he is. Because the state of Michigan has never had a year with multiple 5 star recruits in state and has had only 3 since the turn of the century. The conference footprint doesn't have a quarter of the talent the SEC footprint has and the one spot that does (Ohio) has one major university and it is a blue blood -- so you aren't pulling recruits from there unless they don't want them.

If Saban went to Georgia -- I agree he'd be dominate
If Saban went to Texas -- he'd be unreal with the classes he'd bring in
If Saban went to USC or Florida or Florida State -- he'd be just as dominate.

It is the home state/conference base where you get the majority of your team. Think about what you were just bragging about in this past class. Only SEVENTY FIVE percent of your recruits were from the SEC footprint. Think how silly you sound saying that. 'Only 3/4 of your class'. :L You are proving my point for me.

:pound:@ 91 players his 1st 3 classes. Such a liar.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to tell you, but you are wrong on this. Bama cam out of probation in 2007 due to the Albert Means issues, so they had scholarships to give based on this release from probation and scholarship removal. The team was depleted at depth, they had mediocre talent at key positions. That signing period they got 29 and it helped immediately even though we lost some of those players due to a textbook scandal that was not the football teams fault, in fact it was Saban and the compliance team that brought the issue to light. 2008 was Sabans first real chance to recruit, and he did a masterful job. He released a few players who were involved in the textbook scandal, some other players who were discipline issues and we got a class of 30. All legal scholarships under the NCAA guidelines.
2009 we got only 26 players because that was what was allowed under the rules set forth by the SEC with a max of 25 plus 1 for a player who did not qualify from the previous year. Waiver was granted for that player to sign over the limit of 25. Each year after that we have been at 25 due to the SEC mandated limit and we stay with that total each time. If a waiver is granted due to injury or player being let got, like Jonathan Taylor was one season, and a couple of others were due to discipline issues, then we are allowed to offer a scholarship under the NCAA rules.

From 2008 to 2017, Saban has signed 62 players not in the SEC footprint which averages to around 6.2 per year average. He is a very good recruiter in other peoples backyards. One year his total was 10 of his 25 recruits out of the footprint. Sure, we get the majority of our players from our footprint, but some years its more out of state than in. We get them from LSU's backyard, or Georgia's backyard, or Tennessee's backyard, or Florida's backyard. We pull the best recruits from those states some years, and others we only get a couple of choice ones. So while we get the majority from our footprint, we still pull a shit ton from out of it as well. Players like Najee Harris, Mark Ingram, Dashawn Hand were all out of our footprint and this is just a few of the better players.

And this is a farce so bad I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Saban could pull recruits from the SEC if he was in the B1G, much like he is doing now from locations outside our footprint at Bama. He is capable of recruiting anywhere given enough time to show its worth the trip to play there. Its called building the team, like he did at Bama, and it begins with making the kids on the team buy into his process, showing them how to play position and possession football, and making them believe they are winners. CAnt get 5 stars, then build around 4 stars with a couple of 5's thrown in. Once you start competing, then 5's will come from elsewhere because one thing is for certain, Saban puts players into the NFL at large amounts. So please, bring that head out of the ass and get some air, it must be stale in that orifice.

Did you forgot the conversation we had already on this board where Bama handed out more medical hardships in his first 4 years than the entire SEC COMBINED? I highly doubt you could -- it is when 420 tried to argue Saban cured the injury woes of the football once he had got rid of all of shula's recruits in 4 years. (Not hating -- it is a brilliant way to skirt the system -- Urban stole the idea when he took over OSU and Harbaugh has used it to cut fat and open scholarships at Michigan)

And it is cute you think Saban is going to walk into a basketball school, who is 2nd fiddle in football in their own state with a budget that is less than half of what Saban spends at Alabama and start pulling in recruits from across the country. Remember that staff of two dozen analysts for recruiting. Say goodbye to it, not in the budget. And Not only wouldn't he get the recruits from across the country -- he wouldn't get the majority of the recruits in state. As Samaurai will tell you -- the state is basically split. The majority is Michigan territory with cities like Saginaw, Flint, Traverse City and obviously Lansing being MSU territory. One school in Detroit was a MSU school, Detroit King, but even now Harbaugh has been taking many of their top players. It'd be the same with Ohio and Ohio State. No chance Saban would pull recruits from Ohio to go to Michigan State.
He'd pull in consistent top 25 classes with the occasional top 10, but nothing remotely near what he does now

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you forgot the conversation we had already on this board where Bama handed out more medical hardships in his first 4 years than the entire SEC COMBINED? I highly doubt you could -- it is when 420 tried to argue Saban cured the injury woes of the football once he had got rid of all of shula's recruits in 4 years. (Not hating -- it is a brilliant way to skirt the system -- Urban stole the idea when he took over OSU and Harbaugh has used it to cut fat and open scholarships at Michigan)

And it is cute you think Saban is going to walk into a basketball school, who is 2nd fiddle in football in their own state with a budget that is less than half of what Saban spends at Alabama and start pulling in recruits from across the country. Remember that staff of two dozen analysts for recruiting. Say goodbye to it, not in the budget. And Not only wouldn't he get the recruits from across the country -- he wouldn't get the majority of the recruits in state. As Samaurai will tell you -- the state is basically split. The majority is Michigan territory with cities like Saginaw, Flint, Traverse City and obviously Lansing being MSU territory. One school in Detroit was a MSU school, Detroit King, but even now Harbaugh has been taking many of their top players. It'd be the same with Ohio and Ohio State. No chance Saban would pull recruits from Ohio to go to Michigan State.
He'd pull in consistent top 25 classes with the occasional top 10, but nothing remotely near what he does now
e3qr4i.gif

uh_oh__that_looks_like_butthurt_by_maximumspazzitude-d558wj1.png

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still can't figure out why Scott Cochran makes more money than many FBS head coaches.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Firat paragraph is funny. Why? because of two reasons, all medical scholarships are backed up by a doctor who took an oath, and the NCAA has to review and approve all medical scholarships. There is a kid (cant remember his name) who challenged the medical findings and could not find a second opinion that differed much. One even transferred to lesser level University, never to be heard from again. So, if a kid is let go from a scholarship, its a life lesson they should heed, not scoff at. Bodies are not all created equal, some cant take a pounding and keep going.

The last one is funny because you assume Saban is going to just sign on to a school without a list of demands he will require, and get before he agrees to coach anywhere. Fist is a salary commensurate with his present one. Second is control to make his own calls for staff. Third is a budget to recruit, pay staff, and run a full fledged football program that the University is seeking, since they are considering hiring the best football coach in the country. You assume that all things will be equal to what they are paying a no name coach, but this will not be the case. A Nick Saban is not a small budget coach, and certainly not for smaller Universities, so to assume he agrees to sign anywhere for less than he currently controls and works with at Alabama is laugh out loud funny. You want Nick Saban, you will agree to his terms and nothing less, you can bank on that.
So again, you find yourself staring into should I counter and further look the idiot, or stop reaponding and save some face. I know which you will choose already because you are obsessed with Nick.

Last edited:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firat paragraph is funny. Why? because of two reasons, all medical scholarships are backed up by a doctor who took an oath, and the NCAA has to review and approve all medical scholarships. There is a kid (cant remember his name) who challenged the medical findings and could not find a second opinion that differed much. One even transferred to lesser level University, never to be heard from again. So, if a kid is let go from a scholarship, its a life lesson they should heed, not scoff at. Bodies are not all created equal, some cant take a pounding and keep going.

The last one is funny because you assume Saban is going to just sign on to a school without a list of demands he will require, and get before he agrees to coach anywhere. Fist is a salary commensurate with his present one. Second is control to make his own calls for staff. Third is a budget to recruit, pay staff, and run a full fledged football program that the University is seeking, since they are considering hiring the best football coach in the country. You assume that all things will be equal to what they are paying a no name coach, but this will not be the case. A Nick Saban is not a small budget coach, and certainly not for smaller Universities, so to assume he agrees to sign anywhere for less than he currently controls and works with at Alabama is laugh out loud funny. You want Nick Saban, you will agree to his terms and nothing less, you can bank on that.
So again, you find yourself staring into should I counter and further look the idiot, or stop reaponding and save some face. I know which you will choose already because you are obsessed with Nick.

1. We've already posted stories with DIRECT QUOTES from players who said they were forced into signing a medical hardship. 420 responded from the article saying all statements were recanted. When I told him to post the link to show me -- he could not.

2. The doctors are employed by the school and much of a medical finding is opinion based. Alabama had one guy who hadn't had an issue in over a year, dressed and practiced with the team for the Whole year including the bowl. Didn't play a snap, never injured anything, then was approached by a coach ASKING him to take a medical hardship. You are a fool if you think otherwise -- as I told 420 when we had this discussion before, Bama didn't magically have bench players suffering career ending injuries for 4 years and then they just stopped.

Alabama's Unhappy Castoffs

3. You want to know who else suffered medical hardships at a rate quicker than Bama -- with 13 in a year span after having 2 in 10 years? Ohio State. Shockingly enough -- once he had his own recruits on campus, the career ending injuries stopped. Michigan has been doing the same thing since Harbaugh took over to a lesser extent, as they've had a ton of graduation the last two years to clear scholarships. But we used two medical hardships on guys I didn't even know were on the team, never played a snap, but were granted medical hardships.

4. You are a fool if you think every college can afford the budget the select few schools can. THAT is why you see coaches bouncing from school to school until they get to one of the few who can hand you a blank check. I swear -- Alabama fans live in a bubble and think every school lives and breathes football, they think every school has a home state that pumps out 5 star recruits, they think every school can afford state of the art everything from facilities to work out areas etc. Newsflash -- they don't. You know the team that just beat Alabama in the National Championship -- their football budget is only 45% of what Alabama's is.

Get out of your bubble and realize the reason Saban can do what he does is Bama can afford to. Clemson spends more on football than 75% of the the P5 schools and Bama's budget is more than twice what Clemson's is. A select few could afford to spend like Bama. So yes, if he went to Texas, OSU, Michigan, USC, etc. He could make those demands. Other schools couldn't afford it. Catching on yet why coaches bounce around?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Saban can be great in the SEC, imagine what a coach who achieved more in year 1 in the B1G than Saban did in 5 years could do?. And it is probably best not to speak about the NFL, I think we can all agree who was the better coach at the pinnacle of the coaching profession. (Not the guy who quit after 2 years with a below .500 record)

Imagine what Saban could have done at Michigan starting with two top ten classes already on campus. I know, I know, Michigan is clearly not the destination that Alabama is for recruits, but surely being the #1 recruiter in the country he could at least pull a top 5 class. Surely that would be enough to not finish 3rd in your own division.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford's own coach right now has said publicly Harbaugh is responsible for rebuilding the Stanford program into a national power again. You see -- when you build a team, it isn't a single season (see Saban at MSU).

And Saban had his shot in the B1G, we saw what he could accomplish. Are you saying now that Saban has to be at a certain school and get certain recruits to be successful? If so, I agree wholeheartedly. Hence why I say Saban is........great in the SEC. I'm glad you are finally agreeing with me.

I think you are confused by coach speak...

I know that Jimmy Jam has warped your view about how coaches talk about each other, but outside of your echo chamber, coaches who are not douche bags do not speak poorly of other coaches. Hence Shaw on Jimmy Jam and Saban on Dantonio.

I realize that since Jimmy Jam is a whiny douche bag you might not realize this, so consider this a PSA.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. We've already posted stories with DIRECT QUOTES from players who said they were forced into signing a medical hardship. 420 responded from the article saying all statements were recanted. When I told him to post the link to show me -- he could not.

2. The doctors are employed by the school and much of a medical finding is opinion based. Alabama had one guy who hadn't had an issue in over a year, dressed and practiced with the team for the Whole year including the bowl. Didn't play a snap, never injured anything, then was approached by a coach ASKING him to take a medical hardship. You are a fool if you think otherwise -- as I told 420 when we had this discussion before, Bama didn't magically have bench players suffering career ending injuries for 4 years and then they just stopped.

Alabama's Unhappy Castoffs

3. You want to know who else suffered medical hardships at a rate quicker than Bama -- with 13 in a year span after having 2 in 10 years? Ohio State. Shockingly enough -- once he had his own recruits on campus, the career ending injuries stopped. Michigan has been doing the same thing since Harbaugh took over to a lesser extent, as they've had a ton of graduation the last two years to clear scholarships. But we used two medical hardships on guys I didn't even know were on the team, never played a snap, but were granted medical hardships.

4. You are a fool if you think every college can afford the budget the select few schools can. THAT is why you see coaches bouncing from school to school until they get to one of the few who can hand you a blank check. I swear -- Alabama fans live in a bubble and think every school lives and breathes football, they think every school has a home state that pumps out 5 star recruits, they think every school can afford state of the art everything from facilities to work out areas etc. Newsflash -- they don't. You know the team that just beat Alabama in the National Championship -- their football budget is only 45% of what Alabama's is.

Get out of your bubble and realize the reason Saban can do what he does is Bama can afford to. Clemson spends more on football than 75% of the the P5 schools and Bama's budget is more than twice what Clemson's is. A select few could afford to spend like Bama. So yes, if he went to Texas, OSU, Michigan, USC, etc. He could make those demands. Other schools couldn't afford it. Catching on yet why coaches bounce around?
Yeah, i knew before i hit post reply you would drag out that tired old WSJ article that was so filled with bullshit it could float.
So let me ask you a very pertinent question here. Since clearly these kids were ll railroaded (your opinion) how many of those kids went on to be called in or accepted into an NFL camp and is playing on an NFL team, since clearly they were not injured (your opinion)? I am sure the WSJ has done an article on this, right? To prove that their articld had validity and Bama was t tossing medical scholarships for no reason and the players were healthy and capable of playing at a higher level.

I have never alleged any University can afford a Nick Saban. I simply made a claim he uld do what he has done at any place given enough time. This of course brought out your absurd list of Univefsities he could not transform. If a University is going after him, they will have to pony up the money and resources, so its on the university to decide. I have detailed no Universities other than MSu and if they went after Nick, they would have to find the money and resources. Otherwise, why else are they going after him but to be a player in the big games. Nick does enough charity work, he wont do it at the expense of Universities who cannot afford to play in the big pond. Schools like Michigan, Alabama, Texas, OSU, and others know what thsy sign on for, so stop with your bullshit dramatics and whining. Football makes money, dont think so, just visit Alabama and look at the newer facilities being built or are finished and being used. Nick brought that to a new level and thats the bottom line...period.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bullshit.

#1. The WSJ article itself had the players saying directly it was their choice.

#2. The article tried to claim they were unhappy about it, and that was the part they said was untrue. Hell the main person they quoted was given a scholarship for a masters degree, aka multiple years. Still got free football tickets and all the other perks of being a football player. He said he was treated well and they all said it was their choice.

I went on to post the circumstances around 10 different medical scholarships we gave out(and someone added the 11th). Here it is again.

1. Tyrone Prothro - Stud WR that has had about a dozen surgeries just to walk, 3 of them before taking a medical.

2. B.J. Stabler - Started his freshman and sophmore years before injuring his knee. Took a medical.

3. Jeramie Griffin - Mentioned in the article, fullback in the 2007 class. Tore his ACL and took a medical.

4. Terry Grant - Was injured in 2 straight seasons and lost for the season with a hernia before taking a medical.

5. Charles Hoke - Mentioned in the article was a TE who had constant shoulder injuries going back to highschool. Injured it again in spring training.

6. Zeke Knight - Was a starting senior LB but was found to have a heart condition. He was not given a choice.

7. Chuck Kirschman - Mentioned in the article as the only person upset about taking a medical, hurt his ankle. What wasn't mentioned in the article is that his ankle injury was a reoccuring injury that started during his senior year of Highschool. The only guy who claimed to be upset.

8. Aaron McDaniel - WR who suffered a season ending knee injury his last year.

9. Jake Jones - Legacy player who suffered multiple leg injuries that kept him off the field for 2 years. Actually transferred to South Alabama to play for his dad, but wasn't even able to play right away and I don't know if he ever did.

10. Byron Walton - Had trouble in the heat. Suffered from blackouts and extreme fatigue from a muscle condition. Was actually pissing blood after workouts after his kidneys almost shutdown.

11. Chris Lett- juvenile diabetes, medical redshirt, sat out a year, offered scholarship by Jones at South Alabama.

And oh yeah, the real reason we don't have so many medicals anymore(once again of course, because you never acknowledge anything that doesn't support your fantasy):

How Alabama is so successful with injury recovery and prevention

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part of medical scholarships injuries: The ones we keep playing and don't give medicals to everyone tries to claim Saban just uses them all up and that they are broken for the NFL.

I think maybe some people are just butthurt bitches who need to throw shade at shit because they need a fantasy world to make themselves feel better.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't Dantonio pull two 4 starts from Ann Arbor this year, what part of the thumb is that in, I might be confused about my Michigan geography. I could have sworn he got a 4 star TE out of Ohio too.

I seem to recall his 2016 class had 9 top 300 players on it as well, and a quick scan says 2 are from Ohio...and only two are from Michigan. I guess the others are from Canada or somewhere else you don't consider part of Michigan State's territory.

So, Saban couldn't pull recruits from Ohio, but Dantonio can...wait, I thought Saban was a better recruiter than Dantonio.

I think we may have stumbled on some alternative facts here...