• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coach Saban wasn't that great...

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see, first it was legit injuries because doctor's take an oath and now it is, they weren't good enough and Bama made the mighty gesture of letting them stay at school, while kickoff NFL them off the team.

Remember when I said Saban is king of cut throat coaching? That right there proves my point. These kids didn't recruit Alabama, Alabama recruited them. Saban is the one who goes on the record saying he has never cut a player from the team, yet as you just said, that is exactly what he did. And you should get the rest of the Bama fan base on the same page. 420 will tell you all the injuries were legit and Saban cured the injuries from happening, it was just a coincidence they stopped after 4 years or once Shula's recruits were gone.

Lastly -- once you figure out there are only a select few schools who can write a blank check, the quicker you can get the fantasy of Saban going anywhere and winning a title out of your head.

The part that blows my mind is -- HE COACHED AT MSU -- not for one year or two years. He coached there for 5 years and not only didn't win the conference, he finished 5th twice, 6th twice and tied for 2nd once. He won 0 bowl games. Let me guess, he'd be Bill Belicheck if he stayed in the NFL, even if he never even made the playoffs. :lol:
I dont recall saying the players didnt have a legit injury. My comment was the kids were not cut out to y on the team, not strong enough, or were injured in some way. All injuries were legit injuries and you claiming they werent shows you know nothing out the NCAA medical scholarship. I also did say that they were allowed to stay at Bama when the University could have said your playing days here are over, we are not renewing your scholarship. I also stated the iniversity was magnanimous and gave them a medical scholarship. I never said the injuries were not legit.

You think Saban is recruiting the same size and type played Shula did? Saban is recruiting thoroughbred horses to Shulas donkeys. We did not get many 5 star players with Shula due to sanctions. We got 3 and 4 star players with an occassional 5 star. Not like today, when Saban signs mostly top 100 and top 200 players. To be honest, I would prefer someone be honest with me and tell me I had an injury and could not play again versus letting me w up my ability to walk normal, or sustain a back injury that partially or completely paralyzes me for life. And due to the confidentiality clause in every contract between student and University in this state, those injuries are not public record, so we dont know how bad they were injured. What we do know is a state board certified Doctor signed off on a medical report stating they recommend not playing and the NCAA reviewed and signed off on that report. This they cannot play under an NCAA governed team again without a second opinion and a review of the opinion by the doctor. You act like a doctor is going to just sign because he is told to. The doctors hey use at Alabama are very well respected, so i highly doubt they take one for the team, like you suggest.

I am done with you. You bring nothing new to an argument, same shit, different year. Go sit in your jimbob mancave and masturbate and wipe it with your Nick Saban towel. You are obsessed and there is no helping you. When Jimbob wins something, lets us all know. Till then Its Nick Saban 5, Jimbob ZERO.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sabanrockout.gif

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you ever think this thread looks interesting but suddenly there are 20 pages to read through and you just say screw it I'll skip to the end and add my $.02.

Saban sucks but aside from Ohio State, Florida State, and Clemson fans you are lying to yourself if you don't wish he sucked for your school. Probably those three too but those are the only three programs I could think of that have a coach close enough to Saban to legitimately say I'm cool with arguably the 2nd best HC available.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you ever think this thread looks interesting but suddenly there are 20 pages to read through and you just say screw it I'll skip to the end and add my $.02.

Saban sucks but aside from Ohio State, Florida State, and Clemson fans you are lying to yourself if you don't wish he sucked for your school. Probably those three too but those are the only three programs I could think of that have a coach close enough to Saban to legitimately say I'm cool with arguably the 2nd best HC available.
Yeah, ThrustMeIamTight is real good at making himself look like a petty little turd but, it's just as fun to string him along to solidify the petty little bitch accolades he so craves.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, ThrustMeIamTight is real good at making himself look like a petty little turd but, it's just as fun to string him along to solidify the petty little bitch accolades he so craves.

gus malzahn > nick saban

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont recall saying the players didnt have a legit injury. My comment was the kids were not cut out to y on the team, not strong enough, or were injured in some way. All injuries were legit injuries and you claiming they werent shows you know nothing out the NCAA medical scholarship. I also did say that they were allowed to stay at Bama when the University could have said your playing days here are over, we are not renewing your scholarship. I also stated the iniversity was magnanimous and gave them a medical scholarship. I never said the injuries were not legit.

You think Saban is recruiting the same size and type played Shula did? Saban is recruiting thoroughbred horses to Shulas donkeys. We did not get many 5 star players with Shula due to sanctions. We got 3 and 4 star players with an occassional 5 star. Not like today, when Saban signs mostly top 100 and top 200 players. To be honest, I would prefer someone be honest with me and tell me I had an injury and could not play again versus letting me w up my ability to walk normal, or sustain a back injury that partially or completely paralyzes me for life. And due to the confidentiality clause in every contract between student and University in this state, those injuries are not public record, so we dont know how bad they were injured. What we do know is a state board certified Doctor signed off on a medical report stating they recommend not playing and the NCAA reviewed and signed off on that report. This they cannot play under an NCAA governed team again without a second opinion and a review of the opinion by the doctor. You act like a doctor is going to just sign because he is told to. The doctors hey use at Alabama are very well respected, so i highly doubt they take one for the team, like you suggest.

I am done with you. You bring nothing new to an argument, same shit, different year. Go sit in your jimbob mancave and masturbate and wipe it with your Nick Saban towel. You are obsessed and there is no helping you. When Jimbob wins something, lets us all know. Till then Its Nick Saban 5, Jimbob ZERO.

Yeah. The players QUOTED in the national newspaper were probably lying. And the medical hardships mysteriously went back to normal after Shula's recruits were gone was just a coincidence. Even the fact Bama handed out more medical hardships than their ENTIRE CONFERENCE COMBINED over those 4 years and the blind homers still can't figure it out. :lol:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. The players QUOTED in the national newspaper were probably lying. And the medical hardships mysteriously went back to normal after Shula's recruits were gone was just a coincidence. Even the fact Bama handed out more medical hardships than their ENTIRE CONFERENCE COMBINED over those 4 years and the blind homers still can't figure it out. :lol:

You are the one lying.

The WSJ article interviewed 3 people.

1 of them was not critical of what happened at all.

1 of them said he thought he could still play, but accepted the diagnosis.

There was only 1 guy who said he felt it was pushed on him and that he was a little bitter before it went on to say he accepted the offer and was very well treated. He wasn't playing any significant time in his own words.

That person was Chuck Kirschman, who had a reoccurring ankle injury that started way back in high school.

And of course, what is always ignored by you - they don't have to give them medical scholarships, and it has to be approved. Scholarships only last 1 year, they can just not renew them if that's what they want to do. And personally, I'm fine with it happening and always have been. But don't take cases where it didn't happen and claim it did.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All aboard the Jimmy Jam express...

imagesrewerwe.jpg

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the one lying.

The WSJ article interviewed 3 people.

1 of them was not critical of what happened at all.

1 of them said he thought he could still play, but accepted the diagnosis.

There was only 1 guy who said he felt it was pushed on him and that he was a little bitter before it went on to say he accepted the offer and was very well treated. He wasn't playing any significant time in his own words.

That person was Chuck Kirschman, who had a reoccurring ankle injury that started way back in high school.

And of course, what is always ignored by you - they don't have to give them medical scholarships, and it has to be approved. Scholarships only last 1 year, they can just not renew them if that's what they want to do. And personally, I'm fine with it happening and always have been. But don't take cases where it didn't happen and claim it did.

They need a sheep emoji, because all I got out of your 'response' (excuses) was BAAAAH BAAAAAH, followed by you,:wank::saban:

I will make this simple for you -- contrary to the belief of the feeble minded Bama faithful, these kids are recruited by the school. Some of them are asked to travel across the country to attend school by a coach who is telling their parents, they will treat them as one of their own kids. CFB isn't a NFL factory, it is a sport where the select few who excel can move on to make a living, but the advanced education is what you are promising these kids. You have continued to talk about 1 year scholarships, but I've yet to hear of the players Saban has cut from the team after a year? Or cut from the team after 2 years? Or cut from the team after 3 years?

You know why you don't hear about that? Because it would make the school look terrible to future recruits parents and give other schools ammo to sway a recruit.

So they use a loophole and bent the rules to rid the team of Shula's recruits. The fact you are defending it is humorous and tells me how big of a blind homer you are. Saban could kill your first born and say it was an accident and like the sheep you are, you'd believe him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need a sheep emoji, because all I got out of your 'response' (excuses) was BAAAAH BAAAAAH, followed by you,:wank::saban:

You really are delusional. All the stuff you said in this comment is exactly what you do on a daily basis, excuse after excuse. Also you've had a vice lock like grip on Jimmy Jams junk since he returned to ann arbor.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really are delusional. All the stuff you said in this comment is exactly what you do on a daily basis, excuse after excuse. Also you've had a vice lock like grip on Jimmy Jams junk since he returned to ann arbor.
What's really funny is he is perfectly ok with all of Jim hargaugh's skating and bending the NCAA's rules.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's really funny is he is perfectly ok with all of Jim hargaugh's skating and bending the NCAA's rules.

Show me where I've defended some of things Harbaugh has done that push the boundaries of the rules?

Satellite Camps: I've readily said they were done to get his foot in the door in talent rich recruiting areas and also give him extra time to see recruits.

IMG trip: I've already said, the trip was nothing more than a recruiting ploy to put the UM brand in the face of the most talented HS football program in the US.

Pulling a scholarship: I said it was a terrible thing to do, but the recruit put it on himself, as he had multiple chances to attend camps so Harbaugh's staff could see him play in person. He skipped the Indy camp and the UM camp.

Medical Hardships: I called this one before it even happened. I said he was going to use them to open up roster spots and clear some Hoke recruits and that is exactly what he has done. Not to the extent of Saban and Meyer yet, but I could see it happening even more next year.

Am I missing anything else?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me where I've defended some of things Harbaugh has done that push the boundaries of the rules?

Satellite Camps: I've readily said they were done to get his foot in the door in talent rich recruiting areas and also give him extra time to see recruits.

IMG trip: I've already said, the trip was nothing more than a recruiting ploy to put the UM brand in the face of the most talented HS football program in the US.

Pulling a scholarship: I said it was a terrible thing to do, but the recruit put it on himself, as he had multiple chances to attend camps so Harbaugh's staff could see him play in person. He skipped the Indy camp and the UM camp.

Medical Hardships: I called this one before it even happened. I said he was going to use them to open up roster spots and clear some Hoke recruits and that is exactly what he has done. Not to the extent of Saban and Meyer yet, but I could see it happening even more next year.

Am I missing anything else?
You are doing exactly the same thing 4D20 is doing. You are defending everything Harbaugh is doing and vilifying Saban. Harbaugh is skating rules and bending them. He's "over signing" just like every other school does. You are just as much a blind homer as 4D20 is.