• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clippers may boycott

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is crap on the part of Doc and the players. The NBA is doing everything in it's power to get rid of Donald Sterling. However, because he is a lunatic, has a ton of money and the courts move slow, it is likely that he will still be the owner when the season starts.

I expect that once the season gets close to starting, the players will change their tune and say "the NBA is doing everything they can, we just have to wait on the courts" and they will play.

If they really do boycott, then to hell with 'em. It'll just show how truly stupid, out of touch and childish most of these guys really are.

Maybe the NBA will use "scabs". If they do, I'm dropping double nickels on your ass bks and Heatles!! :lol:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is crap on the part of Doc and the players. The NBA is doing everything in it's power to get rid of Donald Sterling. However, because he is a lunatic, has a ton of money and the courts move slow, it is likely that he will still be the owner when the season starts.

I expect that once the season gets close to starting, the players will change their tune and say "the NBA is doing everything they can, we just have to wait on the courts" and they will play.

If they really do boycott, then to hell with 'em. It'll just show how truly stupid, out of touch and childish most of these guys really are.

Maybe the NBA will use "scabs". If they do, I'm dropping double nickels on your ass bks and Heatles!! :lol:

image.png

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is all just stupid.

Sterling paid 12.5 for the clippers and the most any nba team has ever been sold for is 550 million, and I believe that was with an arena.

Sterling is actually fighting for his heirs believe it or not.

Let’s run through some quick back-of-the-envelope calculations. By all accounts, the Clippers are far more valuable today than when Sterling bought them in 1981 for $12.5 million. According to the Wall Street Journal, insiders think he could “easily fetch $700 million or more from the sale.” So let’s assume, for the sake of argument, that he makes a full $700 million profit. The federal capital gains rate for high earners is 20 percent, while California’s state rate is 13.3 percent. That’s a $233 million tax bill, leaving $467 million behind.

Meanwhile, the federal estate tax is 40 percent. So, lop $187 million off the top, for a total bill of $420 million.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox...lling_clippers_he_could_lose_100_million.html

Now change those numbers from 700 million to 2 billion and figure the tax out.

We can all see the 2 billion sale is paying all the taxes from the sale, but bottom line, if this goof was healthy and in the right mind, he would sell the team in a heartbeat. Problem lies in being forced to do so.

It makes you wonder how much of Sterlings losses on the clippers are actually being used to protect his wealth now have nothing to do with the clippers.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many would care if they did. I think I could put up with a racist if I was getting paid millions. The NBA is like a soap opera and is about as real as the WWE,

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers shouldn't be a team anymore anyways. They should've folded right after they traded Danny Manning away. Ever since then I've known what the Clippers are all about.

Clippers = Chicago Cubs of the NBA

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers shouldn't be a team anymore anyways. They should've folded right after they traded Danny Manning away. Ever since then I've known what the Clippers are all about.

Clippers = Chicago Cubs of the NBA

Doobs, you don't watch much basketball, do you? Last year Clippers tickets were scalping for as much as Lakers tickets.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"This is an outrage!" - the Reverend Doc Rivers

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did the Doobster (who doesn't really follow the NBA) know that Sterling was a racist all along but these coaches & NBA vets were just blind to the fact?

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really is hypocrisy at it finest. Everyone knew who Sterling was before his private conversations were illegal leaked to the media. They have been cashing those checks for years & now it's an issue?

Good luck to NBA & it's players. I hope Sterling brings out all the dirty laundry.

"Hostile workplace environment" my ass. Good luck trying to prove that while boycotting.